Did Bungie use facial capture?

Like how 343 is using this for the characters in Halo 4, did Bungie use facial capture for the characters? I know Bungie used mo-cap, but did they do facial expressions?

Yes i believe so

I think so as well.

Yes.

Bungie had never used mocap in a game before Reach either. In fact i think they had always expressed a preference for traditional animation instead. So they did a big about turn there.

I think its because they were trying to go really serious-face with the storyline for once.

> Yes.
>
> Bungie had never used mocap in a game before Reach either. In fact i think they had always expressed a preference for traditional animation instead. So they did a big about turn there.
>
> I think its because they were trying to go really serious-face with the storyline for once.

Bungie used mocap in Halo 3, I’m not too sure about faces though.

It’s a shame that most of the industry is going towards mocap over traditional animation, as an Animator I can see how similar most games look (especially within the FPS genre) due to the mocap, what the industry has failed to realise is that games are used to make a new reality, not copy from an old one, so by copying from real-life the range of animation in gaming is reduced dramatically and the lack of variety makes for a very boring group of replicas of real life.