Did Bungie just give Microsoft/343 the Middle Finger?

Bungie released a Bungie app for the Apple Iphone…

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=bmobile

The “Love Bungie” tab gives you 3 content items for Halo Reach:
*Blue Flaming Helmet
*Star Nameplate
*(RUMOR) Bungie Nameplate

Bungie is also giving away the star nameplate to those who participate in the BTB All Stars playlist, which you can gain exclusive access to by playing 5 Invasion matches.

That’s right. An APPLE product unlocks Halo Reach Blue Flaming Helmet/Star Plate.

Looks like a middle finger to 343 and Microsoft to me.

Regardless, 343/Microsoft Game Studios will come off as a bunch of jerks if they decide to take all of this content away. There is nothing they can do but watch

LINK TO APP: http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/bungie-mobile/id441444902?mt=8

Only out in Australia at the moment. If you live in the US, dl it first thing tommorow.

I couldn’t even find this magical app on the App Store. Thanks for the link.

It’s only out in Australia, here’s the link: http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/bungie-mobile/id441444902?mt=8

It comes out to America first thing tommorow morning. It said all that in the Bungie.net page I linked you to if you bothered to read it : )

Yes.
But Big Twinkie was in the picture.

> It’s only out in Australia, here’s the link: http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/bungie-mobile/id441444902?mt=8
>
> It comes out to America first thing tommorow morning. It said all that in the Bungie.net page I linked you to if you bothered to read it : )

Sorry, I was too busy flipping out of my chair. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s really cool that Bungie is doing that. I don’t see what the issue is or how it is a middle finger to 343. It was exclusive content to Bungie and they unlocked for all to enjoy. Now to just get a hold of an ipod/iphone to unlock them.

If they give blue flame for the app Ima nerd rage. I have WP7. Lots of andriod users will be mad too.

> That’s really cool that Bungie is doing that. I don’t see what the issue is or how it is a middle finger to 343. It was exclusive content to Bungie and they unlocked for all to enjoy. Now to just get a hold of an ipod/iphone to unlock them.

Star, people who got it, got it because they did something.
It was special, each star had a story. Now? BAM BAM BAM! Stars… No story… no fun… no awesomeness.

I can confirm that the Bungie nameplate is unlockable.

> > That’s really cool that Bungie is doing that. I don’t see what the issue is or how it is a middle finger to 343. It was exclusive content to Bungie and they unlocked for all to enjoy. Now to just get a hold of an ipod/iphone to unlock them.
>
> Star, people who got it, got it because they did something.
> It was special, each star had a story. Now? BAM BAM BAM! Stars… No story… no fun… no awesomeness.

I already have the Star. I will know and so will my friends know that I got it before it became just another name plate. Maybe once people start getting it unlocked, my inbox will slow down with messages asking me about it. Besides, what’s done is done. We can’t change it now, so you might as well just go with the flow. :slight_smile:

Microsoft should shut it down that way 343 does not look as bad. Bill Gate’s children do not even have ipods, so why should apple products unlock items on a Microsoft console.

> If they give blue flame for the app Ima nerd rage. I have WP7. Lots of andriod users will be mad too.

You don’t even need to own an ipod, you can sign in using your GT on someone else’s for a few minutes, flip the switches on there, then sign back out, after playing a few games of Reach a message should pop up saying you’ve earned the Bungie blue flames and nameplates.

The Bungie nameplate isn’t a rumor, I’m using it right now to show my appreciation to Bungie

> Microsoft should shut it down that way 343 does not look as bad. Bill Gate’s children do not even have ipods, so why should apple products unlock items on a Microsoft console.

Again I say, they have no control over it. It’s Bungie’s game, and microsoft couldn’t put a stop to it unless they completely shut down Reach on XBL, and that could actually cause riots.

Why make a big deal about it?

Blue Flames used to be a Bungie exclusive, now that Bungie is parting from Halo, what would they need it for? Sure, they could give it to 343, but I’m sure they’re eyeball deep in development that they don’t really have a need for it. Plus, they could make something else for themselves.

When Bungie revealed the Nameplates, you could tell that they didn’t really have a purpose for the Star Plate. Bungie All-Star was just something they mocked up singe their reign over Halo was dying. Something to help ease the transition for the community.

Also, before you jump down Bungie’s throat for releasing the app for the iPhone, you do know that Bungie’s next IP is going to be mutliplatform. i.e. Not an XBox 360 exclusive.

I thought this too but rejoice, it is Bungie celebrating their fans.

Sure, I am a little mad about the star but now I am excited, thanks Bungie for 20 years. :smiley:

Well, everybody will be wearing blue flames tomorrow…

You know, bungie is known for their sense of humor and I think this is one of them

> You know, bungie is known for their sense if humor and I think this is one of them

Microsoft’s counter will probably be to release it on Windows Phone 7 and on Android phones.

Or just have some other promotion thing to give them out.

Is the App free? Just so I know if I should be excited or not…