Did Bravo state there will be no future DLC?

Can somebody clarify this for me from the community update? He basically said there will be no more updates the size of WZFF. I assume this means no substantial future DLC for H5?

Edit: I assume a paid DLC would be the size of WZFF or bigger.

Obviously WZFF was the biggest ever. I think what he meant by statement, is that we shouldn’t count on them adding HUGE new gamemodes like that again.

However the smaller updates, containing maps, REQs and armor might as well still go on.

There’s more to come. Just not as much and not on a monthly schedule.

it was left open ended. probably purposefully. seemed to me like there definitely wouldn’t be anything else as big as some of these “monthly” updates have been, but that they will still be working on some smaller new content to drop every once in a while, as well as patches and fixes as needed.

couple of things i am expecting:
fixes to firefight
variations of the wasp
hijackable grunt mech
another map maybe?

Yeah, I hope there are some smaller updates in the future. There are still plenty of things to tweak.

343i has already teased pictures of an in game file share system, so its safe to assume that is coming next.

They’ve said they’ll continue to support H5, just not on the monthly schedule. I doubt they’ll make any paid DLC with the REQ system being such a success.

WZFF had 3 maps and 2 game modes. there will be future updates just not that big.

I interpreted it as mainly more REQs (gotta keep the cash flow going), but it leaves the opportunity for a map here, or a gamemode there, Oddball or Race, anyone?

There are more updates coming, just none the size of WZFF, plus they wind be coming monthly.

> 2535468547991460;4:
> it was left open ended. probably purposefully. seemed to me like there definitely wouldn’t be anything else as big as some of these “monthly” updates have been, but that they will still be working on some smaller new content to drop every once in a while, as well as patches and fixes as needed.
>
> couple of things i am expecting:
> fixes to firefight
> variations of the wasp
> hijackable grunt mech
> another map maybe?

343, please let the grunt mech be hijackable. I NEED to be able to ride that thing!!!

> 2533274939637012;10:
> > 2535468547991460;4:
> > it was left open ended. probably purposefully. seemed to me like there definitely wouldn’t be anything else as big as some of these “monthly” updates have been, but that they will still be working on some smaller new content to drop every once in a while, as well as patches and fixes as needed.
> >
> > couple of things i am expecting:
> > fixes to firefight
> > variations of the wasp
> > hijackable grunt mech
> > another map maybe?
>
>
> 343, please let the grunt mech be hijackable. I NEED to be able to ride that thing!!!

i think it was a cannon fodder a couple weeks ago where they made it a very clear point that a spartan could fit into a grunt mech. if we can, i really hope that there is a function to hurl insults at people. like maybe R trigger is needle cannon, L trigger is needle blast, Y is the 200 foot jump, and L bumper is “IM IMPERVAMOUS TO YOUR ATTACKS!!!”

> 2535468547991460;11:
> > 2533274939637012;10:
> > > 2535468547991460;4:
> > > it was left open ended. probably purposefully. seemed to me like there definitely wouldn’t be anything else as big as some of these “monthly” updates have been, but that they will still be working on some smaller new content to drop every once in a while, as well as patches and fixes as needed.
> > >
> > > couple of things i am expecting:
> > > fixes to firefight
> > > variations of the wasp
> > > hijackable grunt mech
> > > another map maybe?
> >
> >
> > 343, please let the grunt mech be hijackable. I NEED to be able to ride that thing!!!
>
>
> i think it was a cannon fodder a couple weeks ago where they made it a very clear point that a spartan could fit into a grunt mech. if we can, i really hope that there is a function to hurl insults at people. like maybe R trigger is needle cannon, L trigger is needle blast, Y is the 200 foot jump, and L bumper is “IM IMPERVAMOUS TO YOUR ATTACKS!!!”

Yes please!
Also there will not be any DLC because of the Req system being so successful, and no more (expected) monthly updates.

> 2533274939961451;3:
> There’s more to come. Just not as much and not on a monthly schedule.

What this guy said is true.^

IIRC, a number of gaming news articles called Warzone Fire Fight the last of the free DLC. Well, 'free". That doesn’t mean there won’t be any more DLC, but I have a good bit of doubt that the next DLC isn’t gonna be another 8 months, or whatever, of “free” updates. A good bit of players will have things fully unlocked, or at least the items that they want the most unlocked, and will be spending less real world money on REQ packs when they can just play for a week and buy like 10 silver/gold packs at the end of the week with the REQ points they have saved up.

So I’m sure there will be more DLC in a couple months, and continue on till a couple months past halo wars 2 release before they shift over to focus on H6 and Halo Wars 2, with a small team dealing with patches and tweaks for H5. But I’m betting my money on the standard DLC time frame of other triple A titles: Another year of DLC, 3-4 months between drops, with patches and minor tweaks occurring monthly or as needed. Will you have to pay for it? Again, I’m betting yes. Microsoft still needs capital for Halo Wars 2 and Halo 6, right?

I’ve seen people claim 343 has said that no one will have to pay for DLC again, as paid DLC can create rifts in the player base*…to which I reply: like the the most recent HCS packs that could be bought only with real money?
And there is no way, shape, or form that 343/Microsoft couldn’t use the transaction data as an impromptu survey to see how willing players are to shell out cash for cosmetic items, right?
And obviously we all know that companies never, ever change their minds, they always do exactly (frapfrapfrapfrapfrap) what they say they will do.

• T’was Major Nelsonin an interview with “Game Rant” or some such, and that claim extends only to DLC maps and gametypes. Cosmetic items like those listed in the Customization category do not give an unfair advantage over those who don’t have it, other than being fah-bulousss /snaps fingers, and therefore would not need to apply to concerns about creating rifts.