Did anyone even NOTICE the things 343 removed ?

Every single flaming little nostalgia-goggled “fan” is only concentrating on ADS and sprint, nothing more. Did you guys completely forget what was removed that made H4 unacceptable for competitive play?

RANDOMNESS and UN-FAIR STARTS.

343 has basically removed everything from H5 that made H4 not so balanced for example; Loadouts, Ordinance, Flinch, Grenade indicators and most important thing of all; un-fair starts.

-We have arena focused multiplayer that is exactly the route back to Halo roots, which is EXACTLY what 343 promised.
-Map control is back
-Power weapon control is back
-Fair starts are back
-De-scope is back

What more do you guys want? I know what you want; the exact copy of either H2 or H3 ported to the current engine.
You know what? It aint happening, Halo has to go forward or it will slowly die, you cant convince me saying, that Halo would survive forever with the same exact formula.
Look at COD, its sales are slowly but steadily dropping and so will Halos if stays in the same place and it thank god 343 knows this and doesnt let Halo to stay in one place.

H5 is the classical arena Halo what we all loved back in the day, but only with a modern and evolved twist.
Trust me people, this is the road Halo needs to take!

Please don’t assume that people want a carbon-copy of a previous title just because they’re dissatisfied with these particular changes. It’s an incredibly juvenile leap in logic, and it only serves to stain the other points you’re trying to make. Personally, the only changes that significantly bug me are the overzealous announcer and the annoying Spartan Chatter; but I can live with the former, and the latter will almost certainly have a toggle option. That being said, people have every right to make some preliminary criticisms about the new mechanics. If you don’t agree with that criticism, then make a proper case for why you think they’re going to work instead childishly discrediting everybody that doesn’t agree beforehand.

> 2533274809475040;2:
> Please don’t assume that people want a carbon-copy of a previous title just because they’re dissatisfied with these particular changes. It’s an incredibly juvenile leap in logic, and it only serves to stain the other points you’re trying to make. Personally, the only changes that significantly bug me are the overzealous announcer and the annoying Spartan Chatter; but I can live with the former, and the latter will almost certainly have a toggle option. That being said, people have every right to make some preliminary criticisms about the new mechanics. If you don’t agree with that criticism, then make a proper case for why you think they’re going to work instead childishly discrediting everybody that doesn’t agree beforehand.

Well you clearly didnt get my point. My point was, that whatever change 343 makes it isnt good, its automatically -Yoink-. Just saying, that people should take their goggles off and accept change for once, especially when most of the core game-breaking things from H4 are gone.
I really dont see anything wrong with current state of H5.

Well they’re obvious mistakes that they implemented in the first place.

Anyways, what is upsetting the community is that 343i seems to try to cater to both their community and the general gaming population for first person shooters. In Halo 4, they put in flinch, perks, loadouts, default sprint, took out Elites, and kept an easy exp. ranking to appease the general population. Although the gameplay seems to have returned to its core, features like the cosmetic ads, spartan chatter, and default sprint (although nerfed) shows that 343i is trying to make Halo relevant again by assimilating with major gaming norms in whatever way they can. They may not be carbon copies and also well balanced in terms of Halo’s gameplay, but it will still stir the hornets’ nest since it looks generic. It’s tough transition trying to make Halo hold up with a new era of gamers, but hopefully Halo 5 hit the mark.

> 2533274925159248;3:
> > 2533274809475040;2:
> > Please don’t assume that people want a carbon-copy of a previous title just because they’re dissatisfied with these particular changes. It’s an incredibly juvenile leap in logic, and it only serves to stain the other points you’re trying to make. Personally, the only changes that significantly bug me are the overzealous announcer and the annoying Spartan Chatter; but I can live with the former, and the latter will almost certainly have a toggle option. That being said, people have every right to make some preliminary criticisms about the new mechanics. If you don’t agree with that criticism, then make a proper case for why you think they’re going to work instead childishly discrediting everybody that doesn’t agree beforehand.
>
>
> Well you clearly didnt get my point. My point was, that whatever change 343 makes it isnt good, its automatically -Yoink-. Just saying, that people should take their goggles off and accept change for once, especially when most of the core game-breaking things from H4 are gone.
> I really dont see anything wrong with current state of H5.

The thing is, I don’t think people should accept change without evaluating it first - without objectively looking at it. Everybody wants Halo to be the best that it can be, and it does indeed need to change in order to stay above water. However, changing in the wrong direction can easily spell disaster. Like I said, I only have a few big gripes with it so far, and I’m not going to formulate any rock-solid opinions until I play the beta. That doesn’t mean I should be blindly optimistic until then. It’s best to analyze everything.

Agreed I noticed and welcome the changes, the beta will be interesting

Oh yes, I am so grateful 343 removed/brought back things that should have been a given from the very start. Let’s also just ignore the fact we had to ask for these things to return and that we had these exact same type of “You hate all change/you just want H2/3.5” comments when everyone was complaining about Halo 4’s additions.

People are tired of having to ‘deal’ with both large and small bad changes just to get to the good parts. Sprint is still bad, grenade hitmarkers are still bad, unscoped flinch/screen shake is bad, announcer needs to shut up once in a while, endgame bro-downs are just tacky, audio hitmarkers are annoying and detract from otherwise decent sound design. You may think many of these details are minor ones, and they are, individually. Together they drag down the experience.

Why do we have to settle and deal with all this extra crap rather than just having the developers show restraint for once?

Most people do notice the things they have removed, but for the most part they are things that don’t really deserve a gold star for doing what they should have done in the first place. They also don’t particularly like that these good removals get buried under a mountain of fluff.

> 2533274847370776;4:
> Well they’re obvious mistakes that they implemented in the first place.
>
> Anyways, what is upsetting the community is that 343i seems to try to cater to both their community and the general gaming population for first person shooters. In Halo 4, they put in flinch, perks, loadouts, default sprint, took out Elites, and kept an easy exp. ranking to appease the general population. Although the gameplay seems to have returned to its core, features like the cosmetic ads, spartan chatter, and default sprint (although nerfed) shows that 343i is trying to make Halo relevant again by assimilating with major gaming norms in whatever way they can. They may not be carbon copies and also well balanced in terms of Halo’s gameplay, but it will still stir the hornets’ nest since it looks generic. It’s tough transition trying to make Halo hold up with a new era of gamers, but hopefully Halo 5 hit the mark.

“…what is the community upsetting is…” bla bla BLA! lol give me a break. The competitive halo community is the worst! I mean this game is made for them… bungie didnt even trie or care to make them happy. It just happend with halo 2/3- look at reach or destiny. I am not saying reach and destiny are bad but they arent competitive. And this is what 343 industries are doing! They are making a competitive arena game from the ground up! But at the end i dont care either way… i am a storie guy! Halo is love- halo is LORE.

> 2533274819446242;7:
> Oh yes, I am so grateful 343 removed/brought back things that should have been a given from the very start. Let’s also just ignore the fact we had to ask for these things to return and that we had these exact same type of “You hate all change/you just want H2/3.5” comments when everyone was complaining about Halo 4’s additions.
>
> People are tired of having to ‘deal’ with both large and small bad changes just to get to the good parts. Sprint is still bad, grenade hitmarkers are still bad, unscoped flinch/screen shake is bad, announcer needs to shut up once in a while, endgame bro-downs are just tacky, audio hitmarkers are annoying and detract from otherwise decent sound design. You may think many of these details are minor ones, and they are, individually. Together they drag down the experience.
>
> Why do we have to settle and deal with all this extra crap rather than just having the developers show restraint for once?
>
> Most people do notice the things they have removed, but for the most part they are things that don’t really deserve a gold star for doing what they should have done in the first place. They also don’t particularly like that these good removals get buried under a mountain of fluff.

Yes! Thank you! Thank goodness someone has a head of their own.

I COMPLETELY agree. Although I think there will be a couple of problems, I expect those to be fixed after the Beta. Those include stabilizers and charge. I just don’t get how they’re supposed to work or what the point is.

Grenade indicators are gone too.
And Halo 5 is a true Halo game because it is made by the owners and has Halo in the title. I’m buying the game regardless of changes. End of story.

I actually like loadouts, and I don’t think they’re gone completely. AAs can go, but if they remove loadouts, I will be extremely disappointed.

> 2533274819446242;7:
> Oh yes, I am so grateful 343 removed/brought back things that should have been a given from the very start. Let’s also just ignore the fact we had to ask for these things to return and that we had these exact same type of “You hate all change/you just want H2/3.5” comments when everyone was complaining about Halo 4’s additions.
>
> People are tired of having to ‘deal’ with both large and small bad changes just to get to the good parts. Sprint is still bad, grenade hitmarkers are still bad, unscoped flinch/screen shake is bad, announcer needs to shut up once in a while, endgame bro-downs are just tacky, audio hitmarkers are annoying and detract from otherwise decent sound design. You may think many of these details are minor ones, and they are, individually. Together they drag down the experience.
>
> Why do we have to settle and deal with all this extra crap rather than just having the developers show restraint for once?
>
> Most people do notice the things they have removed, but for the most part they are things that don’t really deserve a gold star for doing what they should have done in the first place. They also don’t particularly like that these good removals get buried under a mountain of fluff.

Oh give me a break. That is such a lazy come back. Firstly “things that should have been a given from the start.” Really? Excuse people for trying something different. Things change. Things SHOULD change. Everyone always gives COD crap for being the same. But it’s fine here? Also, Even THEY have decided to make big changes because they realize the same thing. And no the changes in AW are not minor and you can’t pull the “same kill times so it doesn’t matter” card. Because honestly if that’s all what cod is made of then the same logic should be applied to halo. Same kill times. Same guns. etc.

Secondly no one is asking you to ‘deal’ or “settle” people or at least I have simply been asking you to acknowledge that halo 5 is closer to what you classic fellas have been asking for since 3. We simply ask for acknowledgement. But instead of doing so you try to cop out with a stupid “it should have been there” claim. It just makes you sound like a jerk. You don’t have to like certain aspects of what they are bringing. And no one is asking you to bend over and take the changes with a smile.

But you people really need to quit undercutting 343 and stop treating halo 5 like it’s some giant disappointment. It wouldn’t kill you to be positive about things for a change.

> 2533274925159248;1:
> Every single flaming little nostalgia-goggled “fan” is only concentrating on ADS and sprint, nothing more. Did you guys completely forget what was removed that made H4 unacceptable for competitive play?
>
> RANDOMNESS and UN-FAIR STARTS.
>
> 343 has basically removed everything from H5 that made H4 not so balanced for example; Loadouts, Ordinance, Flinch, Grenade indicators and most important thing of all; un-fair starts.
>
> -We have arena focused multiplayer that is exactly the route back to Halo roots, which is EXACTLY what 343 promised.
> -Map control is back
> -Power weapon control is back
> -Fair starts are back
> -De-scope is back
>
> What more do you guys want? I know what you want; the exact copy of either H2 or H3 ported to the current engine.
> You know what? It aint happening, Halo has to go forward or it will slowly die, you cant convince me saying, that Halo would survive forever with the same exact formula.
> Look at COD, its sales are slowly but steadily dropping and so will Halos if stays in the same place and it thank god 343 knows this and doesnt let Halo to stay in one place.
>
> H5 is the classical arena Halo what we all loved back in the day, but only with a modern and evolved twist.
> Trust me people, this is the road Halo needs to take!

DID ANYBODY NOTICE WHAT THEY ADDED? They took out SOME of the bad stuff and just added…more bad stuff!

> 2535452061157766;14:
> > 2533274925159248;1:
> > Every single flaming little nostalgia-goggled “fan” is only concentrating on ADS and sprint, nothing more. Did you guys completely forget what was removed that made H4 unacceptable for competitive play?
> >
> > RANDOMNESS and UN-FAIR STARTS.
> >
> > 343 has basically removed everything from H5 that made H4 not so balanced for example; Loadouts, Ordinance, Flinch, Grenade indicators and most important thing of all; un-fair starts.
> >
> > -We have arena focused multiplayer that is exactly the route back to Halo roots, which is EXACTLY what 343 promised.
> > -Map control is back
> > -Power weapon control is back
> > -Fair starts are back
> > -De-scope is back
> >
> > What more do you guys want? I know what you want; the exact copy of either H2 or H3 ported to the current engine.
> > You know what? It aint happening, Halo has to go forward or it will slowly die, you cant convince me saying, that Halo would survive forever with the same exact formula.
> > Look at COD, its sales are slowly but steadily dropping and so will Halos if stays in the same place and it thank god 343 knows this and doesnt let Halo to stay in one place.
> >
> > H5 is the classical arena Halo what we all loved back in the day, but only with a modern and evolved twist.
> > Trust me people, this is the road Halo needs to take!
>
>
> DID ANYBODY NOTICE WHAT THEY ADDED? They took out SOME of the bad stuff and just added…more bad stuff!

OPINIONS

Will people stop saying they removed Loadouts. They put fair starts in for the beta, but they never said Loadouts were removed from the game in all forms.

> 2533274833380875;16:
> Will people stop saying they removed Loadouts. They put fair starts in for the beta, but they never said Loadouts were removed from the game in all forms.

If Loadouts are in the final build of Halo 5. It will most likely fail worse then Halo 4 did.

> 2533274826802205;12:
> I actually like loadouts, and I don’t think they’re gone completely. AAs can go, but if they remove loadouts, I will be extremely disappointed.

Haven’t they added enough bullcrap to halo for you? H4 kids and 343 D-riders already get sprint like they want and some stupid spartan abilites. Sprint, loadouts, AAs, and ordinances already don’t belong in Halo. So yes they need to take out as much of that as they can. Loadouts are a huge reason for the failure of Halo 4.

> 2535452061157766;18:
> > 2533274826802205;12:
> > I actually like loadouts, and I don’t think they’re gone completely. AAs can go, but if they remove loadouts, I will be extremely disappointed.
>
>
> Haven’t they added enough bullcrap to halo for you? H4 kids and 343 D-riders already get sprint like they want and some stupid spartan abilites. Sprint, loadouts, AAs, and ordinances already don’t belong in Halo. So yes they need to take out as much of that as they can. Loadouts are a huge reason for the failure of Halo 4.

Take out the loadouts. They were a bit unfair even though it was cool to bring your own weapons in. Also I’m all for the new abilities. I’m not one for the same old boring combat.

> 2533274809475040;2:
> Please don’t assume that people want a carbon-copy of a previous title just because they’re dissatisfied with these particular changes. It’s an incredibly juvenile leap in logic, and it only serves to stain the other points you’re trying to make. Personally, the only changes that significantly bug me are the overzealous announcer and the annoying Spartan Chatter; but I can live with the former, and the latter will almost certainly have a toggle option. That being said, people have every right to make some preliminary criticisms about the new mechanics. If you don’t agree with that criticism, then make a proper case for why you think they’re going to work instead childishly discrediting everybody that doesn’t agree beforehand.

I don’t think the its juvenile leap of logic because player who hate the direction Halo is going can’t really tell you what they would add to the game. I have asked several times on this forum how exactly would they have evolved Halo without adding all the things they hate. Nobody has been able to tell me anything… Only hate and why this and that won’t work and how Halo 2 is the epitome of a Halo game…