Did all the part-time players leave?

I started playing Arena again yesterday after spending about a week or so in Warzone getting some REQs and XP. I went through my placement matches in Team Arena and man was it tough. I probably played 15 or so games yesterday, and every team we went against was a coordinated MLG type squad. I’m a decent player, and got Platinum after my placements, but it’s obvious that the players it’s matching me up against are way above my skill level. My opponents are mostly Diamonds and up, so they’re way above my level. I’m just wondering if the only people left are the more dedicated, coordinated teams which leaves us solo players with some tough uphill play each game.

> 2533274819848675;1:
> I started playing Arena again yesterday after spending about a week or so in Warzone getting some REQs and XP. I went through my placement matches in Team Arena and man was it tough. I probably played 15 or so games yesterday, and every team we went against was a coordinated MLG type squad. I’m a decent player, and got Platinum after my placements, but it’s obvious that the players it’s matching me up against are way above my skill level. My opponents are mostly Diamonds and up, so they’re way above my level. I’m just wondering if the only people left are the more dedicated, coordinated teams which leaves us solo players with some tough uphill play each game.

How do you know each team you faced was a four man team? Aside from them all having the same emblem (this could still be coincidence) you have no real way to tell, or is this the new excuse everyone seems to be using to justify losses?

same thing happened to me, extremely frustrating

> 2533274849470050;2:
> > 2533274819848675;1:
> > I started playing Arena again yesterday after spending about a week or so in Warzone getting some REQs and XP. I went through my placement matches in Team Arena and man was it tough. I probably played 15 or so games yesterday, and every team we went against was a coordinated MLG type squad. I’m a decent player, and got Platinum after my placements, but it’s obvious that the players it’s matching me up against are way above my skill level. My opponents are mostly Diamonds and up, so they’re way above my level. I’m just wondering if the only people left are the more dedicated, coordinated teams which leaves us solo players with some tough uphill play each game.
>
>
> How do you know each team you faced was a four man team? Aside from them all having the same emblem (this could still be coincidence) you have no real way to tell, or is this the new excuse everyone seems to be using to justify losses?

Either way, the players he faced were ranked above him and obviously better than him. He even admits they were above his skill level, and if that is an excuse for losing and not acceptance of losing to clearly better players than just go a head and serve me… (I’m done).

Yes, they did.

Like 8-10 friends have the game, half of them couldn’t pace the game and quit.

> 2547348539238747;4:
> > 2533274849470050;2:
> > > 2533274819848675;1:
> > > I started playing Arena again yesterday after spending about a week or so in Warzone getting some REQs and XP. I went through my placement matches in Team Arena and man was it tough. I probably played 15 or so games yesterday, and every team we went against was a coordinated MLG type squad. I’m a decent player, and got Platinum after my placements, but it’s obvious that the players it’s matching me up against are way above my skill level. My opponents are mostly Diamonds and up, so they’re way above my level. I’m just wondering if the only people left are the more dedicated, coordinated teams which leaves us solo players with some tough uphill play each game.
> >
> >
> > How do you know each team you faced was a four man team? Aside from them all having the same emblem (this could still be coincidence) you have no real way to tell, or is this the new excuse everyone seems to be using to justify losses?
>
>
> Either way, the players he faced were ranked above him and obviously better than him. He even admits they were above his skill level, and if that is an excuse for losing and not acceptance of losing to clearly better players than just go a head and serve me… (I’m done).

Ok perhaps my wording is harsh towards OP.
I’m just super salty about everyone in the forum these days trying to blame poor performance on the matchmaking system when In truth it’s always been the same in halo.
sorry OP, misplaced critisicism on my part.

I’ve noticed a similar trend. We lost 6 games in a row to all diamond/onyx parties when we were platinum 2. Every single loss had atleast 1 diamond and onyx in against us. I believe this is a matchmaking issue though. I know there are still gold players out there!

Hopefully the new february matchmaking update has fixed some of this. It seems to be working pretty well last night, but i am not sure if thats because they were placement matches

Hopefully, players who play the game for a week just to move on to the next game arnt committed Halo fans.

it may not be a team but higher levels do tend to be better at this team thing even if they don’t say a word to each other.

> 2533274793388126;7:
> I’ve noticed a similar trend. We lost 6 games in a row to all diamond/onyx parties when we were platinum 2. Every single loss had atleast 1 diamond and onyx in against us. I believe this is a matchmaking issue though. I know there are still gold players out there!
>
> Hopefully the new february matchmaking update has fixed some of this. It seems to be working pretty well last night, but i am not sure if thats because they were placement matches

your most likely plying against booster. I see a lot of onyx or diamonds with a low level tag in their team so they get easier games and rank up.

> 2533274849470050;2:
> > 2533274819848675;1:
> > I started playing Arena again yesterday after spending about a week or so in Warzone getting some REQs and XP. I went through my placement matches in Team Arena and man was it tough. I probably played 15 or so games yesterday, and every team we went against was a coordinated MLG type squad. I’m a decent player, and got Platinum after my placements, but it’s obvious that the players it’s matching me up against are way above my skill level. My opponents are mostly Diamonds and up, so they’re way above my level. I’m just wondering if the only people left are the more dedicated, coordinated teams which leaves us solo players with some tough uphill play each game.
>
>
> How do you know each team you faced was a four man team? Aside from them all having the same emblem (this could still be coincidence) you have no real way to tell, or is this the new excuse everyone seems to be using to justify losses?

I don’t mean to sound like a -Yoink- but, sometimes you can notice on how they operate on the field, just a stupid example but: You are facing against a person while out of the blue, another enemy spartan appear behind you to either assassinate you or to scare you out of cover so that the other player can shoot you down. Or how they know your positioning even though only one person spotted you. (Then again, it can just be an excuse for a bad match or good opponents.)

> 2533274805919869;9:
> it may not be a team but higher levels do tend to be better at this team thing even if they don’t say a word to each other.

that has been my experience.I started as a simple Gold 1. Everybody were lone wolves. I got to gold 6 playing platinums and saw most players playing as a team.

> 2533274849470050;2:
> > 2533274819848675;1:
>
>

I don’t mean to sound like a -Yoink- but, sometimes you can notice on how they operate on the field, just a stupid example but: You are facing against a person while out of the blue, another enemy spartan appear behind you to either assassinate you or to scare you out of cover so that the other player can shoot you down. Or how they know your positioning even though only one person spotted you. (Then again, it can just be an excuse for a bad match or good opponents.)

They really need to add the ability to tell when there is a pre made team (like in reach) before the match starts so I know which matches to back out of as a solo only player.

The games sitting #11 on XBLs most played list and never gets higher than ninth on the list at any time, a lot more than the “part time” players left

> 2533274849470050;2:
> > 2533274819848675;1:
>
>

I agree with your sentiment but a team traveling as a group of (4) could be indicative of a premade, regardless of their GT/emblems - Randies hardly follow each other from my experience.

> 2533274937469978;13:
> > 2533274849470050;2:
> > > I started playing Arena again yesterday after spending about a week or so in Warzone getting some REQs and XP. I went through my placement matches in Team Arena and man was it tough. I probably played 15 or so games yesterday, and every team we went against was a coordinated MLG type squad. I’m a decent player, and got Platinum after my placements, but it’s obvious that the players it’s matching me up against are way above my skill level. My opponents are mostly Diamonds and up, so they’re way above my level. I’m just wondering if the only people left are the more dedicated, coordinated teams which leaves us solo players with some tough uphill play each game.
> >
> >
> > How do you know each team you faced was a four man team? Aside from them all having the same emblem (this could still be coincidence) you have no real way to tell, or is this the new excuse everyone seems to be using to justify losses?
>
>
> I don’t mean to sound like a -Yoink- but, sometimes you can notice on how they operate on the field, just a stupid example but: You are facing against a person while out of the blue, another enemy spartan appear behind you to either assassinate you or to scare you out of cover so that the other player can shoot you down. Or how they know your positioning even though only one person spotted you. (Then again, it can just be an excuse for a bad match or good opponents.)

Granted but they may just be randoms with mic’s (unlikely these days I’ll admit)
I think my post should be in a different thread. Sorry everyone.

i still play, more on the weekends, but during weeknights ill get in the most 3 games.

> 2533274937469978;13:
> > 2533274849470050;2:
> > >
>
>
> I don’t mean to sound like a -Yoink- but, sometimes you can notice on how they operate on the field, just a stupid example but: You are facing against a person while out of the blue, another enemy spartan appear behind you to either assassinate you or to scare you out of cover so that the other player can shoot you down. Or how they know your positioning even though only one person spotted you. (Then again, it can just be an excuse for a bad match or good opponents.)

I had that exact scenario play out a few times when playing platinums, I got double teamed pretty much the entire match. I would try to pair up with other players, but would still get killed.

They ‘fixed’ the matchmaking for higher tier players, that means they will be playing with lower tier in order to find games faster.
I find it a choir to play ranked games. I ranked in Swat as its the quickest game type and it sucked, i was glad once the 10 games where done. I hate Swatnums and 7 of my games where Swatnums, 4 of those where on Riptide.