Did 343 remember Spartans are tall yet?

Spartan soldiers are pretty big compared to other people. even some of the tallest marines would only be up to the chin of a Spartan Super Soldier. And in halo 4, everyone was the exact same height as you.

It was jarring. It drove me crazy. Marines. they were all as tall as me. and given the FPS view they looked taller. Spartans in full armor stand between 6’11’’ and 7’2’’ How is it that everyone in the Marine corps were taller than me? As master chief!

I hope it’s not too late to remind 343 that if they are going to go so deep into the lore, don’t forget something like this.

> 2533274811158328;1:
> Spartan soldiers are pretty big compared to other people. even some of the tallest marines would only be up to the chin of a Spartan Super Soldier. And in halo 4, everyone was the exact same height as you.
>
> It was jarring. It drove me crazy. Marines. they were all as tall as me. and given the FPS view they looked taller. Spartans in full armor stand between 6’11’’ and 7’2’’ How is it that everyone in the Marine corps were taller than me? As master chief!
>
> I hope it’s not too late to remind 343 that if they are going to go so deep into the lore, don’t forget something like this.

you know these are Spartan 4s right

heck even in halo 4 master chief a Spartan 2 was still bigger than the 4s

“I thought you’d be taller”

> 2533274811158328;1:
> And in halo 4, everyone was the exact same height as you.

What are you on about?

> 2533274802109455;2:
> > 2533274811158328;1:
> > Spartan soldiers are pretty big compared to other people. even some of the tallest marines would only be up to the chin of a Spartan Super Soldier. And in halo 4, everyone was the exact same height as you.
> >
> > It was jarring. It drove me crazy. Marines. they were all as tall as me. and given the FPS view they looked taller. Spartans in full armor stand between 6’11’’ and 7’2’’ How is it that everyone in the Marine corps were taller than me? As master chief!
> >
> > I hope it’s not too late to remind 343 that if they are going to go so deep into the lore, don’t forget something like this.
>
>
> you know these are Spartan 4s right
>
> heck even in halo 4 master chief a Spartan 2 was still bigger than the 4s

The Spartan 4s are still like 6’9"

> 2535473152030881;4:
> > 2533274811158328;1:
> > And in halo 4, everyone was the exact same height as you.
>
>
> What are you on about?

Look at a marine. you will be staring at him eye to eye when you shouldn’t be.

I’m not sure how it was during gameplay, but in every cutscene the Master chief was towering above everyone.

> 2561422288076605;7:
> I’m not sure how it was during gameplay, but in every cutscene the Master chief was towering above everyone.

Yes, and in game you lost a foot and a half of height.

…um wut?

I could swear, in-game and cutscene, every Spartan ever is at least a head taller than everyone else.

In both Halo 4 gameplay and Warzone, you are taller than Marines.

I never noticed a weird height difference tbh. The game that really nailed height was ODST. It was so cool to barely be taller than grunts and crouched jackals.

> 2533274811158328;6:
> > 2535473152030881;4:
> > > 2533274811158328;1:
> > > And in halo 4, everyone was the exact same height as you.
> >
> >
> > What are you on about?
>
>
> Look at a marine. you will be staring at him eye to eye when you shouldn’t be.

That’s because you are looking directly at him, as in, you are tilting the camera down. Turn on auto-look centering and your reticle will be near the top of their heads(the reticle is slightly lower than dead center) so you are actually taller. Look in theater too, you’re a full head taller at least.

> 2533274802109455;2:
> > 2533274811158328;1:
> > Spartan soldiers are pretty big compared to other people. even some of the tallest marines would only be up to the chin of a Spartan Super Soldier. And in halo 4, everyone was the exact same height as you.
> >
> > It was jarring. It drove me crazy. Marines. they were all as tall as me. and given the FPS view they looked taller. Spartans in full armor stand between 6’11’’ and 7’2’’ How is it that everyone in the Marine corps were taller than me? As master chief!
> >
> > I hope it’s not too late to remind 343 that if they are going to go so deep into the lore, don’t forget something like this.
>
>
> you know these are Spartan 4s right
>
> heck even in halo 4 master chief a Spartan 2 was still bigger than the 4s

Well, Spartan IVs are the same height as IIs: Paul DeMarco was 7’2" and Gabriel Thorne is 6’10"; same as Master Chief out of armour.
There are a few exceptionally tall Spartan IIs thoughs, like Samuel, who was 7’10" in armour, and Jorge who was 8 ft. in armour.

I’m sure there are S IVs who are very tall; Locke looks to be maybe 7’4" in armour.

> 2533274812540602;14:
> > 2533274802109455;2:
> > > 2533274811158328;1:
> > > Spartan soldiers are pretty big compared to other people. even some of the tallest marines would only be up to the chin of a Spartan Super Soldier. And in halo 4, everyone was the exact same height as you.
> > >
> > > It was jarring. It drove me crazy. Marines. they were all as tall as me. and given the FPS view they looked taller. Spartans in full armor stand between 6’11’’ and 7’2’’ How is it that everyone in the Marine corps were taller than me? As master chief!
> > >
> > > I hope it’s not too late to remind 343 that if they are going to go so deep into the lore, don’t forget something like this.
> >
> >
> > you know these are Spartan 4s right
> >
> > heck even in halo 4 master chief a Spartan 2 was still bigger than the 4s
>
>
> Well, Spartan IVs are the same height as IIs: Paul DeMarco was 7’2" and Gabriel Thorne is 6’10"; same as Master Chief out of armour.
> There are a few exceptionally tall Spartan IIs thoughs, like Samuel, who was 7’10" in armour, and Jorge who was 8 ft. in armour.
> I’m sure thare are S IVs who are very tall; Locke looks to be maybe 7’4" in armour.

fair point

HERE YOU GO.

But it really has to do with the placement of the “camera” in Halo games. It’s actually in the upper chest or neck area (most games are like this), so the character model of Chief and your Spartan are much taller than the marines, but in the first person perspective, they only look a few inches taller if that. There was actually a thread about this last year …I’m not sure if you’ll get in trouble for necro-posting in it, but HERE IT IS.

> 2533275004372869;13:
> > 2533274811158328;6:
> > > 2535473152030881;4:
> > > > 2533274811158328;1:
> > > > And in halo 4, everyone was the exact same height as you.
> > >
> > >
> > > What are you on about?
> >
> >
> > Look at a marine. you will be staring at him eye to eye when you shouldn’t be.
>
>
> That’s because you are looking directly at him, as in, you are tilting the camera down. Turn on auto-look centering and your reticle will be near the top of their heads(the reticle is slightly lower than dead center) so you are actually taller. Look in theater too, you’re a full head taller at least.

Theatre isnt the issue. and No i’m not looking down. (I looked down and up to see the tilt of my characters head) I tried it again in Halo 4 in MCC Spartan Ops at first I thought it may have been fixed. but the marines wouldnt stop crouching…

Then I realized that the marines had no heads and they were all floating talking Facemasks/helmets.

.

> 2533274812540602;18:
> > 2533274883669557;16:
> > HERE YOU GO.
> >
> > But it really has to do with the placement of the “camera” in Halo games. It’s actually in the upper chest or neck area (most games are like this), so the character model of Chief and your Spartan are much taller than the marines, but in the first person perspective, they only look a few inches taller if that. There was actually a thread about this last year …I’m not sure if you’ll get in trouble for necro-posting in it, but HERE IT IS.
>
>
> That picture is weirdly inaccurate, as both Gabriel and the Chief are 6’10" barefoot.

Big armor? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Either way, what you see in the first person is set lower than the character model’s head.

size matters?