Did 343 listen to my Idea (Richochet)

so after seeing this new gametype “Richochet” i started to notice some similarities to the game type i had suggested for action sack about a week or two back.

This is the link to the thread i posted:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst216064_New-Game-Mode-For-Action-Sack.aspx

Now I’m not 100 percent positive as to how Richochet works, but from what I have heard it seems a lot like what i suggested. I even created a gametype and arena for my game type “Deadball Zone”. Once I have time i can upload them to my fileshare.

What do ya’ll think? Do you see some similarities?

Anyone could have come up with that idea, and I’m sure they have. Your “idea” is simply that 343i introduced throwing the ball, so we should make a gametype where you throw to score.

Not only that, but Ricochet has been in the works for a long time. You can’t put something like that together in a week.

It’s cool that you had the same idea they did, though!

haha yeah i know they didn’t really get the idea from me, but it’s still cool to imagine. I have been trying to get a game going just never have enough people so if you’d be interested hit me up on xbl sometime

I highly doubt they managed to look at your suggestion (from 13 days ago) and made it into a fully functioning gametype in that little time, to the point were they could do a live demo of it on-stage.

yeah i know Little Moa, but WHAT IF?

whoops (edited)

> Anyone could have come up with that idea, and I’m sure they have. Your “idea” is simply that 343i introduced throwing the ball, so we should make a gametype where you throw to score.
>
> Not only that, but Ricochet has been in the works for a long time. You can’t put something like that together in a week.
>
> It’s cool that you had the same idea they did, though!

Yes, yes you can. I often think 343 tries too hard.

> > Anyone could have come up with that idea, and I’m sure they have. Your “idea” is simply that 343i introduced throwing the ball, so we should make a gametype where you throw to score.
> >
> > Not only that, but Ricochet has been in the works for a long time. You can’t put something like that together in a week.
> >
> > It’s cool that you had the same idea they did, though!
>
> Yes, yes you can. I often think 343 tries too hard.

No, you really can’t. To create a new gametype, you can’t just go type in a few lines of code in a console and call it a day. There’s a huge development process behind it. First you need to come up with a bunch of ideas and decide what it is exactly that you’re trying to create. Afterwards, you go through a process of elimination and pick out the best ideas in there to decide which ones are worth using resources and time to create. After that, you go through testing, which leads to yet another step of elimination to end up with a single gametype. After that, you gotta do testing and fine tuning to end up with a good result.

Don’t forget that the majority of the staff at 343i are hard at work on their next project, most likely Halo Xbox One. So the team that still works on Halo 4 is probably rather small, and they have a bunch of other things to work on at the same time, so they need to prioritize and multi-task.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

to the OP, no sorry to inform you but 343 didnt listen to anything except that cash register you just opened for the 4th time in the past 6 months haha pitfall is going to be a disappointment, one map and -Yoink- football gametype wont make the game any better, 343 instead of listening to the IS players and listen to the ones who actually supported halo from the get go. fix all the weapon drops personal drops and random drops no one wants random in halo, look at the complaints bloom got in reach, then bam they make a title update to fix it. most of if not all of the problems are fixable with a few game option changes and static spawns. my hatred is not of the community people but for the way the franchise is going.

> > > Anyone could have come up with that idea, and I’m sure they have. Your “idea” is simply that 343i introduced throwing the ball, so we should make a gametype where you throw to score.
> > >
> > > Not only that, but Ricochet has been in the works for a long time. You can’t put something like that together in a week.
> > >
> > > It’s cool that you had the same idea they did, though!
> >
> > Yes, yes you can. I often think 343 tries too hard.
>
> No, you really can’t. To create a new gametype, you can’t just go type in a few lines of code in a console and call it a day. There’s a huge development process behind it. First you need to come up with a bunch of ideas and decide what it is exactly that you’re trying to create. Afterwards, you go through a process of elimination and pick out the best ideas in there to decide which ones are worth using resources and time to create. After that, you go through testing, which leads to yet another step of elimination to end up with a single gametype. After that, you gotta do testing and fine tuning to end up with a good result.
>
> Don’t forget that the majority of the staff at 343i are hard at work on their next project, most likely Halo Xbox One. So the team that still works on Halo 4 is probably rather small, and they have a bunch of other things to work on at the same time, so they need to prioritize and multi-task.

Not really…if our friend up here is right and they took his idea than they have what they need and creating it wouldn’t take longer than a week especially if they needed to crank it out in time for the trailer as well as they have another month until this goes out so testing will be done than. Since it is pretty much a newer version of Grifball they would only have to alter the Grifball settings. It wouldn’t be too different that making a Grifball gametpye after they get the plan down which if he made it was already done.

we dont need a brand new gametype, we need our old ones back first. we dont need a modified grifball, i mean griffball is cool and all but wtf we dont need football man. instead of ricochet we need Team Slayer first.