Did 343 kill speed running?

I follow prominent speedrunner Nak3d Eli and the guy simply doesn’t play anymore. Speed running used to be extremely fun in TMCC. Now, it seems as if everyone except Pro Ace Joker has given up on it?

Why is this game such trash?

How is it the games’ fault that these speed runners decided to stop?

EDIT: I don’t think they killed speed running, I just don’t think the bugs that runners use have been found yet.

> 2560081931056311;2:
> How is it the games’ fault that these speed runners decided to stop?

The game isn’t as appealing and therefore, people quit. Simple as that.

i think you answered your first question with your second question

> 2533274831897702;3:
> > 2560081931056311;2:
> > How is it the games’ fault that these speed runners decided to stop?
>
>
> The game isn’t as appealing and therefore, people quit. Simple as that.

Sorry, I edited my post to be constructive.

Anyways, you said appealing, I don’t think that’s what you wanted to say, based on your tone.

So YOUR opinion of the game has killed speed running? That doesn’t make sense…

And since when did a game have to be good for people to speed run it?

You can skip every other mission for huge chunks in those missions. The best examples are: mission1 jumping into the promethean anti air canon to go straight to the end of the mission. And The Breaking and using a trick to skip the warden fight. Your welcome =P find the rest in the h5 speed runner community.

The maps are a little too linear now for speed running, and no glitches have been found (like the deployable shield glitch on Keyes). It will probably come back eventually, but this game seems to be pretty solid for now. Records for the Old games are still being broken more than ten years after they come out, people will probably find stuff for this game later.

It couldn’t possibly be that the games are ages old? Of course people will lose interest, and if they’re after goals/achievements as well, it’s even harder to put up with because of the games buggy state.

I guess because there isn’t a par time achievement any more? MCC had achievements for doing the speed runs. H5 doesn’t really give an incentive for making speed runs.

I wouldn’t say 343 killed speedrunning, its just that games nowadays are more stable and have less bugs to be exploited. Which means there won’t be things like sword flying, etc., also part of the reason that the older Halo’s have so many strats is because they’re so old, give Halo 5 some time and I’m sure people will find tons of ways to optimize the game.

> 2560081931056311;5:
> > 2533274831897702;3:
> > > 2560081931056311;2:
> > > How is it the games’ fault that these speed runners decided to stop?
> >
> >
> > The game isn’t as appealing and therefore, people quit. Simple as that.
>
>
> Sorry, I edited my post to be constructive.
>
> Anyways, you said appealing, I don’t think that’s what you wanted to say, based on your tone.
>
> So YOUR opinion of the game has killed speed running? That doesn’t make sense…
>
> And since when did a game have to be good for people to speed run it

It doesn’t have to be ‘good,’ whatever your definition of that would be, it has to be interesting and cater to the speed running community.

MCC had timers, quick resets, all that. Halo 5 has none of it. If you want to restart a level, you have to find a new dedicated server and that takes too long.
Also, no split screen.

> 2533274831897702;11:
> > 2560081931056311;5:
> > > 2533274831897702;3:
> > > > 2560081931056311;2:
> > > > How is it the games’ fault that these speed runners decided to stop?
> > >
> > >
> > > The game isn’t as appealing and therefore, people quit. Simple as that.
> >
> >
> > Sorry, I edited my post to be constructive.
> >
> > Anyways, you said appealing, I don’t think that’s what you wanted to say, based on your tone.
> >
> > So YOUR opinion of the game has killed speed running? That doesn’t make sense…
> >
> > And since when did a game have to be good for people to speed run it
>
>
> It doesn’t have to be ‘good,’ whatever your definition of that would be, it has to be interesting and cater to the speed running community.
>
> MCC had timers, quick resets, all that. Halo 5 has none of it. If you want to restart a level, you have to find a new dedicated server and that takes too long.
> Also, no split screen.

Oh I see your point. Like how the game works just doesn’t lend itself to speed running, makes sense. I wouldn’t say that makes the game “appealing” though, as you like to say :wink: haha

Do people use split screen for speed runs…?

Bugs, glitches and shortcuts got patched up more as games grow more advanced. Plus speedrunners grow up and realise that doing a mission fast just isn’t fun anymore.

> 2533274832089275;7:
> The maps are a little too linear now for speed running, and no glitches have been found (like the deployable shield glitch on Keyes). It will probably come back eventually, but this game seems to be pretty solid for now. Records for the Old games are still being broken more than ten years after they come out, people will probably find stuff for this game later.

I remember attempting the Keyes Bump. I made it successfully out of the map 6-7 times, then I would fall out of the game. And eventually just gave up and went through the mission normally.

the speed runner community rely on bugs, glitches and exploits to effectively speed run. No game should ever cator to speed runners, they should fix those bugs and glitches as soon as possible

for eli, the problem is, MS killed his GT: - YouTube