Did 343 Fail Or Were Our Expectations To High

What do you reckon did 343i fail , were our expectations to high or do you just simply like Halo 4

I like Halo 4

Both. We had our expectations too high, AND they failed.

> I like Halo 4

Cool! :slight_smile: I’m glad you do , But I just don’t it strayed to far from the original Halo CE - 3 formula for me.

> I just don’t it strayed to far from the original Halo CE - 3 formula for me.

You’re not the only one. I get the feeling from the majority of topics I’ve read on here that most people feel like you do.
I’m not saying it’s perfect, but I still like it.

We had our expectations way too high.

> > > I like Halo 4
> >
> > Cool! :slight_smile: I’m glad you do , But I just don’t it strayed to far from the original Halo CE - 3 formula for me.
>
> You’re not the only one. I get the feeling from the majority of topics I’ve read on here that most people feel like you do.
> I’m not saying it’s perfect, but I still like it.

I like everything about the game except loadouts and ordnances . They make it not feel like Halo for me.

I never thought halo 4 would be like this… super amazing, 343 nailed it

My expectations? Halo back to the roots… Where are the roots?

> My expectations? Halo back to the roots… Where are the roots?

Same for me if load outs and ordnance’s ceased to exist I would love this game

Our expectations were to high, and no I’m not sticking up for 343 either. I think they did a pretty good job.

Look at the poll, numbers dont lie. halo 4’s great!

> Look at the poll, numbers dont lie. halo 4’s great!

Shame the population of Halo 4 War Games doesnt back that up

I like Halo 4, I don’t think 343i failed but there are issues that need looked at, however, that has always been the case in my opinion, games will never be perfect, there will always be something that suits one and not the other,

I have said this before and mean it, new developer, new era.

> Look at the poll, numbers dont lie. halo 4’s great!

9 votes are what you are basing your conclusion on…

All 3 for me…I love Halo 4, my expectations were very high considering all the praise it was getting…and in the end they failed mainly because of lack of communications with the community…they wanted to make this their Halo…and they did which is why most ppl have either moved on to something else or are waiting for 343 to realize that hey maybe ppl didnt like “our Halo”…as if the online population wasn’t proof enough…I am one of the 50k that plays on a daily basis…and I will stay on because no matter How bad H4 came out I still think its better than any other FPS out there plus I love the fiction in Halo :slight_smile: along with customs!

my expections were as follows: sprint being an option to disable, being scoped out when shot, enabling flag drop, disable in-game music, disable menu music, good kill cams(shouldnt even be in the game), no insta-spawn,beam rifle should be a sniper not a no scope machine, X’s on dead teammates which is a big one , and no boltshot, OKAY HONESTLY IF THEY WERE A REAL SMART DEVELOPMENT TEAM THEN HOW COME THEY DIDNT THINK OUT BOLTSHOT AND CAMO BEING USED TOGETHER BECAUSE THEY ARE. 343 is honestly a bunch of people

Campaign - 343 exceeded even my wildest expectations. This campaign is probably the best since CE.

Spartan Ops - My expectations were too high, I guess. Should’ve known the gameplay would be repetitive and boring as hell.

War Games - 343 failed. They were trying to bring in new stuff while keeping what made Halo, Halo. Unfortunately, they forgot to do the latter… BUT! With Bravo on the team and the TU coming soon, things look better and better all the time. 343 might make Halo 4 an awesome game yet. I’m already enjoying some parts of War Games as it is (Oddball and SWAT for instance) but some modes are just totally unplayable and ruined (BTB, Infinity CTF srsly WTF…)

> Both. We had our expectations too high, AND they failed.

This. Although, I don’t exactly think they failed. With some of the things, maybe. But some of the things can be tweaked to be better for everyone. My expectations for the game were too high. I’m not exactly happy with Halo 4, but I’m not exactly disappointed in it.

In my view: I just don’t think Halo 4 was the right game to get a huge succession out of it. It’s a very good first game from a new industry, and I give them huge credit for the work they’ve done, because not many people actually realise how hard it is to get a team and create a whole entire game with all the coding and 3D modelling with the shadows, material and lighting etc. That stuff is really hard to do!

Lets be honest: If 343 made Halo 4, but it wasn’t named or had anything to do with ‘Halo’: it’d be a really good game. I just think Halo 4 is not my cup of tea.

I just hope that 343 don’t outsource their game so much, because it’s taken them three years to find more people for the team of 343 to get ready and develop Halo, and find other companies that can help out to create stuff for 343. I just hope that 343 are actually prepared for what they want to achieve. I want them to succeed with Halo as much as they can.

I honestly like the game.

Of course I would have preferred an evolution of Halo 3 (like from Halo 2 to Halo 3) but I can deal with what I got with Halo 4.

Then again, compared to most people on these forums my expectations were never really high. I didn’t want to get myself so overhyped like with Reach which was very disappointing. I always found the hype here hilarious and way over the top. When we got the first information about the game from that Game Informer article last year in April I knew the game would be very different compared to the other Halo games and that a lot of people would be disappointed.

All I expected and wanted was a game that is better than Halo: Reach and that’s what I got. I like it 100x better than Reach.