Dialogue Change For Wolverines (Wolverine Rant)

I don’t believe that the current set of dialogue that plays when you select wolverines fits the unit. They need to say something along the lines of the following:
“Wolverine here! Don’t send me at banshees!”
“We better not be playing against The Banished!”
“I hope the enemy doesn’t have banshees!”
“I’m useless against banshees!”

In all seriousness, has anyone found a way to manage banshee spam when playing as UNSC?? Anymore, I primarily use Banished, almost always Arbiter, and am just disillusioned by how good a nearly full population of banshees can be. It’s too good for me not to use it as a go-to mid to late game strat. I’ve experimented with the Locust and Hunter or Reaver horde popularized by BTC, and feel that it’s an effective play to switch it up a bit, but when my back is against the wall I can usually just default to double pumping banshees for the win against UNSC. The only thing I’ve seen help is creative use of leader powers by UNSC, but if the banished player can just stay on top of the banshee attack while leader powers are still not recharged, UNSC leaders are at a huge disadvantage.

Edit: I’m not actually interested in a dialogue change, I just figured its best to ask for wolverine tips in the current meta rather than just making another “BUFF WOLVERINES/NERF BANSHEES” thread.

Edit 2: I don’t mean any disrespect by this, but I really question whether anyone in the “Banshees aren’t that great” crowd has gone against someone who really knows what they’re doing with the unit.

I care more about their health and damage not their dialog

How many wolverines are you going up against to where you expect them to kill full pop banshees? 6 or 7 won’t do that. To kill a true full pop Banshee army you would need a lot of wolverines.

Banshees are nothing special in the current meta so I am thinking the opponents you play are not scouting and thus letting you get full pop banshees and then they are not building enough anti air on their own.

> 2533274967376955;1:
> I don’t believe that the current set of dialogue that plays when you select wolverines fits the unit. They need to say something along the lines of the following:
> “Wolverine here! Don’t send me at banshees!”
> “We better not be playing against The Banished!”
> “I hope the enemy doesn’t have banshees!”
> “I’m useless against banshees!”
>
> In all seriousness, has anyone found a way to manage banshee spam when playing as UNSC?? Anymore, I primarily use Banished, typically Arbiter, and am just disillusioned by how good a nearly full population of banshees can be. It’s too good for me not to use it as a go-to mid to late game strat. I’ve experimented with the Locust and Hunter or Reaver horde popularized by BTC, and feel that it’s an effective play to switch it up a bit, but when my back is against the wall I can usually just default to double pumping banshees for the win against UNSC. The only thing I’ve seen help is creative use of leader powers by UNSC, but if the banished player can just stay on top of the banshee attack while leader powers are still not recharged, UNSC leaders are at a huge disadvantage.
>
> Edit: I’m not actually interested in a dialogue change, I just figured its best to ask for wolverine tips in the current meta rather than just making another “BUFF WOLVERINES/NERF BANSHEES” thread.

Agreed. Being the average player I am, I’ve decided to just enjoy my beat downs by the banshee. TOP GUN is the greatest movie ever. It’s only fitting I should be punished for loving THAT movie by a swarm of bumble bees who spit Wildfire.

I know a lot of threads have been made for this but hopefully something can be done. I think it would do a lot for my beloved, weak UNSC friends. I would love for more UNSC to be on the leader boards (no, I will not get there. I am a forge lover and average player. shout out to DT DarkPhoenix) . I love the game, loved Halo Wars 1. I just want to see this one live on in the multi-player realm longer than Halo Wars 1.

The Wolverine is easier to mass than the banshee, and excels at taking them down. The issue many players have is that they don’t seem to understand the wolverine is a ranged artillery. The wolverine moves just as fast as the banshee; you have to micro them to keep them out of range. It’s a support unit, not meant to directly engage. 10-20 wolverines, depending on just how many you feel you need, you can eliminate mass air with them no problem.

More so than Wolves or Reavers allegedly underperforming I think a bigger issue is Core Infantry not being green against Air.

If they were (even if requiring the T2 upgrade) then it’ll allow you to pump Wolves+Marines or Reavers+Grunts to have a mixed anti-air army much faster.

> 2533274821521504;6:
> More so than Wolves or Reavers allegedly underperforming I think a bigger issue is Core Infantry not being green against Air.
>
> If they were (even if requiring the T2 upgrade) then it’ll allow you to pump Wolves+Marines or Reavers+Grunts to have a mixed anti-air army much faster.

Agreed. Marine rockets should be useful against air as well. Maybe have a second upgrade (M19-B) that gives them SAMs.

> 2533274967376955;1:
> I don’t believe that the current set of dialogue that plays when you select wolverines fits the unit. They need to say something along the lines of the following:
> “Wolverine here! Don’t send me at banshees!”
> “We better not be playing against The Banished!”
> “I hope the enemy doesn’t have banshees!”
> “I’m useless against banshees!”
>
> In all seriousness, has anyone found a way to manage banshee spam when playing as UNSC?? Anymore, I primarily use Banished, almost always Arbiter, and am just disillusioned by how good a nearly full population of banshees can be. It’s too good for me not to use it as a go-to mid to late game strat. I’ve experimented with the Locust and Hunter or Reaver horde popularized by BTC, and feel that it’s an effective play to switch it up a bit, but when my back is against the wall I can usually just default to double pumping banshees for the win against UNSC. The only thing I’ve seen help is creative use of leader powers by UNSC, but if the banished player can just stay on top of the banshee attack while leader powers are still not recharged, UNSC leaders are at a huge disadvantage.
>
> Edit: I’m not actually interested in a dialogue change, I just figured its best to ask for wolverine tips in the current meta rather than just making another “BUFF WOLVERINES/NERF BANSHEES” thread.

I can’t remember the last time I had a problem with Banshees. If you scout and play aggressively when you see the switch to banshees then it’s gg for your opponent. They’re expensive, long to build, and get owned by marines/grunts.

If you let them build a banshee ball then you should lose.