development stages, what can and cant be done at this point.

With much debate about the information released detailing some of Halo 4s gameplay and gametypes is it to late to change anything?
I remember with Halo Reach I was real hyped, I was an H1 H2 H3 warlord I loved those games and couldnt wait for the next Halo title. I was really excited…well… up until the beta that is… From what I remember playing the beta for Reach I was confused and dissapointed I didnt know what to think but turning to the forums it was stated that it was only a beta and that it wasnt the final version.
Although it was the final version…
Alot of people are against the news, some people act neutral in hopes they are recognized on these forums for being ‘‘cool to 343’’, and others probably arent even on these forums and have no knowledge and just pre-orded it for the name.
I look at it this way the game is probably near finished if there is any time to act on anything now would be the time. If a beta comes out, most likely that is what the game is going to be. I know, I know, dont doubt something you havnt seen or touched but I did that with Reach…and yea.

So in the stage that Halo 4 is in, do you guys think its a done deal? Or is there time to scrap, fix, and test? I do not I DO NOT mean add different playlists to appeal to other players like Reach did to ‘‘fix’’ peoples complaints.

‘‘CoD makes money, and that’s exactly why every developer would like to have their games in the place of CoD. Unfortunately, game developers don’t understand that doing what CoD does won’t make their game any more popular, even if they did it “better”. CoD has its own fanbase, fanbase that will stick with CoD, while trying to copy CoD is only going to make the original fanbase disappointed.’’

It isn´t to be fixed

Not pleasing a bunch of nostalgic fanboys=/=broken.

(And > < is the amount of yoinks i give about being recognized by 343)

Dont get me wrong im not a hardcore fanboy, nor am I a collector of the novels and toys and merchandise. I know the story I enjoy the campaign I do care about that side to. I care alot about the longevity of the game and that lies with the multiplayer. Whos to say that everyone who is being optimistic will be dissapointed as well?

I think that some things can still change, such as game types, names of objects/modes (not sure i like spartan ops name but if it sticks i can roll with it, same with spartan points), weapons, abilities, and their balance can still all be tweaked, added, or cut if necessary. some maps are also probably still in development. but overall mechanics are most likely set in stone.

the balance can still change to a degree, but they won’t be removing or adding core mechanics, because many of the game’s features would be built around those mechanics. if they suddenly cut sprint, for example, all their maps would have to be re-designed, ability and weapon balance would have to be re-examined, etc. same with jetpack, or other (especially mobility affecting) features. And I wouldn’t expect them to suddenly change and add playable elites, or firefight, or full on cut a feature like perks when they have put much of their time into developing them and getting them working. It is still POSSIBLE that if something really really isn’t working and they see no chance of it working, they might cut something major, but I wouldn’t expect that, especially after a feature is revealed.

When they are at the stage when they are starting to be more vocal about features, they are pretty certain that those will be more or less final, as they want to show polished material. If they suddenly cut an announced feature, there would be issues in the community, even if it is a feature that is generally (at least on these forums) considered to be a poor feature. So i would expect minor changes, but nothing too significant.

Edit: Lol people vote but none posts

Nothing major can change at this point. 343 even confirmed this. Removing something like an AA for example would cause for an entire re code of any engine aspect that applies to the AA like Maps, Physics that associate with the AA, campaign, forge, Pretty much anything that the AA is connected too. And that would bring new bugs into play, cause them to have to re balance the maps(and possibly campaign) AND re test the multiplayer all over again.

Needless to say any removal of things that are hardwired into the game would definitely cause halo 4 to be delayed. And 343 confirmed they are working to get the game out ASAP.

> Dont get me wrong im not a hardcore fanboy, nor am I a collector of the novels and toys and merchandise. I know the story I enjoy the campaign I do care about that side to. I care alot about the longevity of the game and that lies with the multiplayer. Whos to say that everyone who is being optimistic will be dissapointed as well?

I mean, it isn´t to be fixed, it will include classic playlists and new features, if you really despise it, then keep playing older games, but don´t try to make your opinion a fact.

I agree alot with what you said, basic simple things I remember the biggest game mechanic that was altered was back in Halo 3 with the huge Melee system argument. Some things stated though make me nervous such as the loadouts and perks in paticular especially if they are mixing that with armor abilities and random weapon spawns it just seems to be going so far off course with this ‘‘innovation’’ it just so happens that two other popular shooters features these innovations so are they really that innovative?

> > Dont get me wrong im not a hardcore fanboy, nor am I a collector of the novels and toys and merchandise. I know the story I enjoy the campaign I do care about that side to. I care alot about the longevity of the game and that lies with the multiplayer. Whos to say that everyone who is being optimistic will be dissapointed as well?
>
> I mean, it isn´t to be fixed, it will include classic playlists and new features, if you really despise it, then keep playing older games, but don´t try to make your opinion a fact.

Dude you mcnoober with cheese why are you following me like that? Im not even complaining Im just stating a concern and with that concern is it an indefinite thing already even though the game isnt out yet.

> I agree alot with what you said, basic simple things I remember the biggest game mechanic that was altered was back in Halo 3 with the huge Melee system argument. Some things stated though make me nervous such as the loadouts and perks in paticular especially if they are mixing that with armor abilities and random weapon spawns it just seems to be going so far off course with this ‘‘innovation’’ it just so happens that two other popular shooters features these innovations so are they really that innovative?

Please read these quotes from neo gaf

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html

So you can be more informed on how these features work.

> > I agree alot with what you said, basic simple things I remember the biggest game mechanic that was altered was back in Halo 3 with the huge Melee system argument. Some things stated though make me nervous such as the loadouts and perks in paticular especially if they are mixing that with armor abilities and random weapon spawns it just seems to be going so far off course with this ‘‘innovation’’ it just so happens that two other popular shooters features these innovations so are they really that innovative?
>
> Please read these quotes from neo gaf
>
> http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html
>
> So you can be more informed on how these features work.

I read that eariler prior and its not like he can come out and say they were typos lol. Given the circumstance that man is in he is going to have to back everything regarding the game in a positive way especially pre sale.
It just seems its being made so when a Cod or Battlefield player picks up the controller they can flow into the population and be familiar with the games style.

> > > I agree alot with what you said, basic simple things I remember the biggest game mechanic that was altered was back in Halo 3 with the huge Melee system argument. Some things stated though make me nervous such as the loadouts and perks in paticular especially if they are mixing that with armor abilities and random weapon spawns it just seems to be going so far off course with this ‘‘innovation’’ it just so happens that two other popular shooters features these innovations so are they really that innovative?
> >
> > Please read these quotes from neo gaf
> >
> > http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html
> >
> > So you can be more informed on how these features work.
>
> I read that eariler prior and its not like he can come out and say they were typos lol. Given the circumstance that man is in he is going to have to back everything regarding the game in a positive way especially pre sale.
> It just seems its being made so when a Cod or Battlefield player picks up the controller they can flow into the population and be familiar with the games style.

Well we cant be sure of that. 343 said they arent chasing to make halo play like cod. Halo can have these features and make them feel unique to HALO.

Until gameplay is it our we play it ourselves we cant just keep assuming things.

> > > > I agree alot with what you said, basic simple things I remember the biggest game mechanic that was altered was back in Halo 3 with the huge Melee system argument. Some things stated though make me nervous such as the loadouts and perks in paticular especially if they are mixing that with armor abilities and random weapon spawns it just seems to be going so far off course with this ‘‘innovation’’ it just so happens that two other popular shooters features these innovations so are they really that innovative?
> > >
> > > Please read these quotes from neo gaf
> > >
> > > http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html
> > >
> > > So you can be more informed on how these features work.
> >
> > I read that eariler prior and its not like he can come out and say they were typos lol. Given the circumstance that man is in he is going to have to back everything regarding the game in a positive way especially pre sale.
> > It just seems its being made so when a Cod or Battlefield player picks up the controller they can flow into the population and be familiar with the games style.
>
> Well we cant be sure of that. 343 said they arent chasing to make halo play like cod. Halo can have these features and make them feel unique to HALO.
>
> Until gameplay is it our we play it ourselves we cant just keep assuming things.

Well at the end of the day your right what we get is what we get. Lets just hope its good.

> > > > I agree alot with what you said, basic simple things I remember the biggest game mechanic that was altered was back in Halo 3 with the huge Melee system argument. Some things stated though make me nervous such as the loadouts and perks in paticular especially if they are mixing that with armor abilities and random weapon spawns it just seems to be going so far off course with this ‘‘innovation’’ it just so happens that two other popular shooters features these innovations so are they really that innovative?
> > >
> > > Please read these quotes from neo gaf
> > >
> > > http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html
> > >
> > > So you can be more informed on how these features work.
> >
> > I read that eariler prior and its not like he can come out and say they were typos lol. Given the circumstance that man is in he is going to have to back everything regarding the game in a positive way especially pre sale.
> > It just seems its being made so when a Cod or Battlefield player picks up the controller they can flow into the population and be familiar with the games style.
>
> Well we cant be sure of that. 343 said they arent chasing to make halo play like cod. Halo can have these features and make them feel unique to HALO.
>
> Until gameplay is it our we play it ourselves we cant just keep assuming things.

Blind fanboyism that you are showing is the most detrimental thing one can do for a game. As the consumer and the people purchasing these games we have the ultimate say. This is the first time that I have seen both the extreme casual and extreme competitive community come together and be on the same page. These communities have come together over their hate of these horrible game design choices. As the consumer we have options to force them to change, The amount of people who have canceled preorders is astronomical, if we do not buy this game they will be forced to change and that is what we all should do.

I don’t think anyone here has a problem with a game being push back into early next year if that means removing this copycat crap and getting back to what Halo truly is. Everyone here wants something that resembles Halo CE and Halo 2, a game that has balance and is about skill not about who has what perk in what situation.

I would love to know how one makes these perks feel unique when they have been played out for years, hell people have been sprinting around in CoD since we were still playing H2, Reach sprint did not feel unique to that game. The Forerunner vision, again not unique, it was called EV (Enhanced Vision) in Shadowrun. Nothing is unique about this game, the people who pay the salaries of 343 made it clear that Halo is dying and if they want to keep the franchise alive they better clone CoD and turn it into a space shooter.

Let me make this clear the sales of this game will be so bad that Halo 5 will never be made if they push this crap out on the market.

> > > > > I agree alot with what you said, basic simple things I remember the biggest game mechanic that was altered was back in Halo 3 with the huge Melee system argument. Some things stated though make me nervous such as the loadouts and perks in paticular especially if they are mixing that with armor abilities and random weapon spawns it just seems to be going so far off course with this ‘‘innovation’’ it just so happens that two other popular shooters features these innovations so are they really that innovative?
> > > >
> > > > Please read these quotes from neo gaf
> > > >
> > > > http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html
> > > >
> > > > So you can be more informed on how these features work.
> > >
> > > I read that eariler prior and its not like he can come out and say they were typos lol. Given the circumstance that man is in he is going to have to back everything regarding the game in a positive way especially pre sale.
> > > It just seems its being made so when a Cod or Battlefield player picks up the controller they can flow into the population and be familiar with the games style.
> >
> > Well we cant be sure of that. 343 said they arent chasing to make halo play like cod. Halo can have these features and make them feel unique to HALO.
> >
> > Until gameplay is it our we play it ourselves we cant just keep assuming things.
>
> Well at the end of the day your right what we get is what we get. Lets just hope its good.

If only the blind haters can say what you just said, then we could go back to just simply discussing the game and the awesome possibilites that will come with instead of all this blind hate for that which we have no clarification on -.-

> > > > > I agree alot with what you said, basic simple things I remember the biggest game mechanic that was altered was back in Halo 3 with the huge Melee system argument. Some things stated though make me nervous such as the loadouts and perks in paticular especially if they are mixing that with armor abilities and random weapon spawns it just seems to be going so far off course with this ‘‘innovation’’ it just so happens that two other popular shooters features these innovations so are they really that innovative?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html
> > > >
> > >
> > > I read that eariler prior and its not like he can come out and say they were typos lol. Given the circumstance that man is in he is going to have to back everything regarding the game in a positive way especially pre sale.
> > > It just seems its being made so when a Cod or Battlefield player picks up the controller they can flow into the population and be familiar with the games style.
> >
> > Well we cant be sure of that. 343 said they arent chasing to make halo play like cod. Halo can have these features and make them feel unique to HALO.
> >
> > Until gameplay is it our we play it ourselves we cant just keep assuming things.
>
> Blind fanboyism that you are showing is the most detrimental thing one can do for a game. As the consumer and the people purchasing these games we have the ultimate say. This is the first time that I have seen both the extreme casual and extreme competitive community come together and be on the same page. These communities have come together over their hate of these horrible game design choices. As the consumer we have options to force them to change, The amount of people who have canceled preorders is astronomical, if we do not buy this game they will be forced to change and that is what we all should do.
>
> I don’t think anyone here has a problem with a game being push back into early next year if that means removing this copycat crap and getting back to what Halo truly is. Everyone here wants something that resembles Halo CE and Halo 2, a game that has balance and is about skill not about who has what perk in what situation.
>
> I would love to know how one makes these perks feel unique when they have been played out for years, hell people have been sprinting around in CoD since we were still playing H2, Reach sprint did not feel unique to that game. The Forerunner vision, again not unique, it was called EV (Enhanced Vision) in Shadowrun. Nothing is unique about this game, the people who pay the salaries of 343 made it clear that Halo is dying and if they want to keep the franchise alive they better clone CoD and turn it into a space shooter.
>
> Let me make this clear the sales of this game will be so bad that Halo 5 will never be made if they push this crap out on the market.

So halo didnt copy anything from any game when it came out? Halo was completely unique and had no inspiration from any other game on the market at the time of its development?

> > > > > > I agree alot with what you said, basic simple things I remember the biggest game mechanic that was altered was back in Halo 3 with the huge Melee system argument. Some things stated though make me nervous such as the loadouts and perks in paticular especially if they are mixing that with armor abilities and random weapon spawns it just seems to be going so far off course with this ‘‘innovation’’ it just so happens that two other popular shooters features these innovations so are they really that innovative?
> > > > >
> > > > > Please read these quotes from neo gaf
> > > > >
> > > > > http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html
> > > > >
> > > > > So you can be more informed on how these features work.
> > > >
> > > > I read that eariler prior and its not like he can come out and say they were typos lol. Given the circumstance that man is in he is going to have to back everything regarding the game in a positive way especially pre sale.
> > > > It just seems its being made so when a Cod or Battlefield player picks up the controller they can flow into the population and be familiar with the games style.
> > >
> > > Well we cant be sure of that. 343 said they arent chasing to make halo play like cod. Halo can have these features and make them feel unique to HALO.
> > >
> > > Until gameplay is it our we play it ourselves we cant just keep assuming things.
> >
> > Blind fanboyism that you are showing is the most detrimental thing one can do for a game. As the consumer and the people purchasing these games we have the ultimate say. This is the first time that I have seen both the extreme casual and extreme competitive community come together and be on the same page. These communities have come together over their hate of these horrible game design choices. As the consumer we have options to force them to change, The amount of people who have canceled preorders is astronomical, if we do not buy this game they will be forced to change and that is what we all should do.
> >
> > I don’t think anyone here has a problem with a game being push back into early next year if that means removing this copycat crap and getting back to what Halo truly is. Everyone here wants something that resembles Halo CE and Halo 2, a game that has balance and is about skill not about who has what perk in what situation.
> >
> > I would love to know how one makes these perks feel unique when they have been played out for years, hell people have been sprinting around in CoD since we were still playing H2, Reach sprint did not feel unique to that game. The Forerunner vision, again not unique, it was called EV (Enhanced Vision) in Shadowrun. Nothing is unique about this game, the people who pay the salaries of 343 made it clear that Halo is dying and if they want to keep the franchise alive they better clone CoD and turn it into a space shooter.
> >
> > Let me make this clear the sales of this game will be so bad that Halo 5 will never be made if they push this crap out on the market.
>
> So halo didnt copy anything from any game when it came out? Halo was completely unique and had no inspiration from any other game on the market at the time of its development?

I don’t know how old you are but I can safely assume that if you are older then me its not by a significant margin, I started off playing the first FPS Doom, and continued with Duke Nukem, Quake, Unreal, CS, Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, CoD, Halo Reach, Shadowrun, I have played them all. I don’t know of anything that CE stole from any other game, the thing I can think of that Halo 2 stole would be dual wielding and that was the worst design choice that Halo had implemented into the game until these new design choices that are being use now.

If you want to say that Halo stole killing spree, double kill etc from the Unreal series thats fine, but those are not direct ripoff’s of what has been done and was unique at the time to that game. Sure Sprint was done in Return to Castle Wolfenstien but I believe that CoD was really the game that made it work and made it unique just like they were the ones that made perks unique.

SR was the game that made forerunner vision famous, and the jetpack sure games have had that but SR again really made that work with the glider. Nothing that I can think of has been unique to Halo since Halo CE and Halo 2 which were all unique ideas since they were the first true console shooters.

> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
> Blind fanboyism that you are showing is the most detrimental thing one can do for a game. As the consumer and the people purchasing these games we have the ultimate say. This is the first time that I have seen both the extreme casual and extreme competitive community come together and be on the same page. These communities have come together over their hate of these horrible game design choices. As the consumer we have options to force them to change, The amount of people who have canceled preorders is astronomical, if we do not buy this game they will be forced to change and that is what we all should do.
>
> I don’t think anyone here has a problem with a game being push back into early next year if that means removing this copycat crap and getting back to what Halo truly is. Everyone here wants something that resembles Halo CE and Halo 2, a game that has balance and is about skill not about who has what perk in what situation.
>
> I would love to know how one makes these perks feel unique when they have been played out for years, hell people have been sprinting around in CoD since we were still playing H2, Reach sprint did not feel unique to that game. The Forerunner vision, again not unique, it was called EV (Enhanced Vision) in Shadowrun. Nothing is unique about this game, the people who pay the salaries of 343 made it clear that Halo is dying and if they want to keep the franchise alive they better clone CoD and turn it into a space shooter.
>
> Let me make this clear the sales of this game will be so bad that Halo 5 will never be made if they push this crap out on the market.

So… tell me how unicque Halo is, how it didn´t copy anything, how it was completely original.

Besides that, it will sell horrors, as Halo has always done.

> > > > > > I agree alot with what you said, basic simple things I remember the biggest game mechanic that was altered was back in Halo 3 with the huge Melee system argument. Some things stated though make me nervous such as the loadouts and perks in paticular especially if they are mixing that with armor abilities and random weapon spawns it just seems to be going so far off course with this ‘‘innovation’’ it just so happens that two other popular shooters features these innovations so are they really that innovative?
> > > > >
> > > > > Please read these quotes from neo gaf
> > > > >
> > > > > http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/04/frankie-sheds-some-light-on-gi-article.html
> > > > >
> > > > > So you can be more informed on how these features work.
> > > >
> > > > I read that eariler prior and its not like he can come out and say they were typos lol. Given the circumstance that man is in he is going to have to back everything regarding the game in a positive way especially pre sale.
> > > > It just seems its being made so when a Cod or Battlefield player picks up the controller they can flow into the population and be familiar with the games style.
> > >
> > > Well we cant be sure of that. 343 said they arent chasing to make halo play like cod. Halo can have these features and make them feel unique to HALO.
> > >
> > > Until gameplay is it our we play it ourselves we cant just keep assuming things.
> >
> > Blind fanboyism that you are showing is the most detrimental thing one can do for a game. As the consumer and the people purchasing these games we have the ultimate say. This is the first time that I have seen both the extreme casual and extreme competitive community come together and be on the same page. These communities have come together over their hate of these horrible game design choices. As the consumer we have options to force them to change, The amount of people who have canceled preorders is astronomical, if we do not buy this game they will be forced to change and that is what we all should do.
> >
> > I don’t think anyone here has a problem with a game being push back into early next year if that means removing this copycat crap and getting back to what Halo truly is. Everyone here wants something that resembles Halo CE and Halo 2, a game that has balance and is about skill not about who has what perk in what situation.
> >
> > I would love to know how one makes these perks feel unique when they have been played out for years, hell people have been sprinting around in CoD since we were still playing H2, Reach sprint did not feel unique to that game. The Forerunner vision, again not unique, it was called EV (Enhanced Vision) in Shadowrun. Nothing is unique about this game, the people who pay the salaries of 343 made it clear that Halo is dying and if they want to keep the franchise alive they better clone CoD and turn it into a space shooter.
> >
> > Let me make this clear the sales of this game will be so bad that Halo 5 will never be made if they push this crap out on the market.
>
> So… tell me how unicque Halo is, how it didn´t copy anything, how it was completely original.
>
> Besides that, it will sell horrors, as Halo has always done.

Read the post above you I happily explained that. And don’t be naive and think that Halo will sell because of the name, that used to be true before CoD and before Reach stole the heart of every loyal Halo fan and stomped on it

As for unique, adding shields that recharged over time was completely new and unique to FPS games. Sure the original FPS games had health with health packs but sheild recharge was unique, which in turn made the skill unique, because it added normal gun fights, but also changed how you got back into the action, instead of having to run and find a health if you could stay alive long enough to get back into the fight you, you fought from where you were, you did not have to move position and find a health pack and fight again. This was completely unique and in my mind is the thing that people love the most about Halo, and thats what makes the fights so intense and enjoyable

Coming back to the actual topic of this post: I think that 343i should seriously considering fixing things before the game comes out, despite having already made these announcements. If that means pushing back the release date, then they should do it, they’ve done it before and were definitely more successful because of it. and the grand scheme of things this game if made right will be played for years, a couple of months isn’t going to be a big deal and they could help make the game last for even more years. If they start down this road of changing the focus of the game from skill and the enjoyment of each individual game to simply playing so that you can unlock everything they are going to have the same problem CoD has. People do it, they unlock everything and then they get bored so they are forced to be rushed and just plop out another identical game in like a year.

Now so much has been done with games that coming up with an entirely unique idea is going to be next to impossible. But i think, for the most part they have come up with some ok ideas, they need tweaking. Some may need the cut, but a lot of these sound interesting. Also i mean halo is still very much so the only of its type. It still has things that no other game really has. Why don’t they just improve on those things? I mean keep adding some new because the series needs to evolve but for the most part halo has always had a good thing going and i see no reason to change that main focus.