Dev Reminder

Dear forums,
Not sure if the devs will see this but I feel like I need to remind them.

Dedicated servers need to be online and working for players outside the U.S (I’m in Australia). The leading cause of rage in the beta was the fact that only 1 in about 30 matches it put me in were actually on an Australian server. The hardware and back-end are all there - Microsoft has powerful Azure Data-Centres in Australia and in other places around the world. In light of the fact that they weren’t being taken advantage of for many Aussies during the beta (I have firsthand experience with this), please, PLEASE make sure that matchmaking services account for REGION and PING above all else, even skill ranking. There’s absolutely no point playing against someone of even skill with you if you’re on a 200ping American server and they’re on 20 ping.

Thank you for your time,

A competitive Aussie Halo veteran.

Please share so the Devs see!

bumping, this was the biggest issue in the h5 beta for me and a majority of aus/nz players. all you need is an option to select which region you would like to search in.

I had no idea it was so bad for you guys out there during Beta. I hope this gets addressed before release because that’s friggin’ ridiculous if you’re having to try to compete stuck with a 200ms ping.

I agree, I have a couple of videos demonstrating it on my xbl upload its so bad I will admit I quit a few times because I was 4shoted with me only getting a shot off and the shield bar just would flash red and boom death cam when you were in us but in aus it was amazing I had so much fun I loved those games

Yep, also for Europe!

You’ll have server selection in Halo 5 when it drops, so hopefully that will help you guys out a lot :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;6:
> You’ll have server selection in Halo 5 when it drops, so hopefully that will help you guys out a lot :slight_smile:

really yus!!!

> 2533274813317074;6:
> You’ll have server selection in Halo 5 when it drops, so hopefully that will help you guys out a lot :slight_smile:

I hope so. I live in the USA, but most of my Halo-friends live in Australia. They all refuse to try the MCC after six months of trying, so I’m Halo’ing on my own until 5 arrives.

Granted, we all played 4 just fine. Lag spikes were there, but we dealt with it - we could party up and still play, which we couldn’t and still can’t (as of last weekend) with MCC> I go in, it’s flawless. I go in with them, nothing unless Team Slayer and even then hardly anything.

So I certainly hope it runs smooth for overseas people. Potentially selfish reasons aside, everyone should be able to enjoy the online experience.

> 2533274813317074;6:

Fantastic! This is absolutely awesome, just what I needed to hear. Latency is probably the number one issue us ‘regionals’ face when playing our favourite games. So pumped.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Well -Yoink-. Im in the middle east. Hope I can play on some…Kind…Of decent server.

The beta is called beta for a reason. I think the beta servers only had about 30 servers available anyway. It would make sense that way anyways. They arent going to overhaul their bills to pay off their servers on a beta that isn’t final product.

I’m sure that once the real game starts rolling out your Australian servers and other worldwide servers besides the United States will be covered.