Detect range

I’ll start of with saying I’m a casual. I know I’m not a tier play. I want to know what other people think of the detect range on units? To me it feels like you have to be pretty close to the unit to remove the cloak and I just don’t understand why this a thing given most detect units are so squishy. I just feel if the cloaked unit is within the range of my detect unit it should remove the cloak. Maybe my opinion is wrong and I just don’t understand something.

I feel like the detect range is fine for units, but not for bases.

Yeah you really feel the shortcoming of detection range when trying to siege a cloaked base… Because you can’t. You have to get up to spitting range.

When the game first came out I was very in favor of having detect the same as it is on sc2.

But now I’m not, I think detect is fine, even against bases honestly. Engineers and Nightingales are detecting units that usually compose a bit of your population and there’s no risk involved in building them.

If they move detect range out of handholding distance, that would be great.

> 2533274821521504;4:
> When the game first came out I was very in favor of having detect the same as it is on sc2.
>
> But now I’m not, I think detect is fine, even against bases honestly. Engineers and Nightingales are detecting units that usually compose a bit of your population and there’s no risk involved in building them.

They get focus fired upon and die vey quick, same fate as those poor Protoss Observers. Unless you summon a whole swarm of them(Colony FTW).

> 2533274807340992;6:
> > 2533274821521504;4:
> > When the game first came out I was very in favor of having detect the same as it is on sc2.
> >
> > But now I’m not, I think detect is fine, even against bases honestly. Engineers and Nightingales are detecting units that usually compose a bit of your population and there’s no risk involved in building them.
>
> They get focus fired upon and die vey quick, same fate as those poor Protoss Observers. Unless you summon a whole swarm of them(Colony FTW).

i have to agree, the detect units are way to squishy.

cloaking generators are insane, ever try and attack a base cloaked well i have and the range your detect units have to get to uncloak a base is insane. were talking in your face style. now lets add 3 shield generators and a shielded army beneith yeah guess how that goes.

honestly being able to cloak units on a base is also obserd ontop of 3 shields protecting them. lets say the degending players focuses down your 6 detect units. we those 3 shield gens protected until the detect units died and now what you cant see

detect units vs basea need a big buff, you should not have to be 1 inch away to see a portion let alone the units beneith

nerf banished

> 2533274904506600;7:
> > 2533274807340992;6:
> > > 2533274821521504;4:
> > > When the game first came out I was very in favor of having detect the same as it is on sc2.
> > >
> > > But now I’m not, I think detect is fine, even against bases honestly. Engineers and Nightingales are detecting units that usually compose a bit of your population and there’s no risk involved in building them.
> >
> > They get focus fired upon and die vey quick, same fate as those poor Protoss Observers. Unless you summon a whole swarm of them(Colony FTW).
>
> i have to agree, the detect units are way to squishy.
>
> cloaking generators are insane, ever try and attack a base cloaked well i have and the range your detect units have to get to uncloak a base is insane. were talking in your face style. now lets add 3 shield generators and a shielded army beneith yeah guess how that goes.
>
> honestly being able to cloak units on a base is also obserd ontop of 3 shields protecting them. lets say the degending players focuses down your 6 detect units. we those 3 shield gens protected until the detect units died and now what you cant see
>
> detect units vs basea need a big buff, you should not have to be 1 inch away to see a portion let alone the units beneith
>
> nerf banished

For the record I’m fine with the current detect mechanics, but that doesn’t mean I’m fine with the current state of the cloaking generator.

If you buff detection that’s a nerf to shrouds.

Stacking is a whole other issue that will be addressed, of that I’m sure.

I think if we made it so if you were in detect range of part of the base, the whole base would be revealed then that would solve loads of problems.