destructible objects, structures etc.

So was just thinking about whether Infinite could have destructible structrures and that sort of things? And i dont mean ones like in H5g where character apparently bangs their head onto or aims their fist onto the surface when jumping but rather somekind of scemery or structures you could for example blow to pieces with rocket launcher or something like that.

Though other thing about explosives could be having it physically effect enemies, it doesnt really seem like a scale of goriness that would be something for Halo. Even though Halo could have level of goriness it used to have.
If you wish, just put your thoughts on that at the bottom of the post. As in destructible enemy models.

That actually sounds pretty great, but I’m wondering how many objects/scenery would be affected with this type of system. Something that would be of most concern would be how the game itself could sustain such debris. (Whether there would be any Frame rate drops or something like that.) Still, it’s an awesome idea to keep in mind for the game, as it has a lot of potential to create amazing scenarios of interest.

> 2533274890014309;1:
> So was just thinking about whether Infinite could have destructible structrures and that sort of things? And i dont mean ones like in H5g where character apparently bangs their head onto or aims their fist onto the surface when jumping but rather somekind of scemery or structures you could for example blow to pieces with rocket launcher or something like that.
>
> Though other thing about explosives could be having it physically effect enemies, it doesnt really seem like a scale of goriness that would be something for Halo. Even though Halo could have level of goriness it used to have.
> If you wish, just put your thoughts on that at the bottom of the post. As in destructible enemy models.

More destruction in the campaign would be cool, but I think they would keep it out of multiplayer. Halo is known for its precision in arena multiplayer. I think destruction and things that change the map too much would be unwelcome. I don’t want it to take hints from BF or COD.

I do like the idea for destructible enemy models though. Making Halo more gory would be great. The energy sword and shotgun, for instance, are insane weapons. They would do irreversible damage to an alien body. Imagine plowing through the flood with a gravity hammer and flood appendages are just flying everywhere.

I really like the idea of destructable environments, I actually posted this a long time ago. You get my vote.

I always wanted more destructible objects. Things like smashing through glass or blowing up a cliffside (momentarily) would be really cool.

I don’t mind some of that, but I think they should do more of what they did in H2A with interactive environments (shooting down ice, activating a huge energy shield, making water run etc.) Stuff like this. I don’t want it to be too drastic like BF maps where it literally changes the entire map. I guess more drastic stuff would be okay in the the campaign, but in MP I want more stuff like H2A had.

> 2535429593088083;5:
> I always wanted more destructible objects. Things like smashing through glass or blowing up a cliffside (momentarily) would be really cool.

Even Halo 3 had destructible windows like in the level “storm” where some of the glasses you could only break by shooting and some that could be shot or walked through. Those were right at the beginning on upstairs of the first room.
But basically as the second example as you used, just like destructables before but just bigger.

> 2533274815533909;6:
> I don’t mind some of that, but I think they should do more of what they did in H2A with interactive environments (shooting down ice, activating a huge energy shield, making water run etc.) Stuff like this. I don’t want it to be too drastic like BF maps where it literally changes the entire map. I guess more drastic stuff would be okay in the the campaign, but in MP I want more stuff like H2A had.

Definitely, I can agree on the limits to it on multiplayer, much like the usage of dual wielding in the future (hopefully).

I think that destructible objects works so well because of the games they’re in, ie battlefield. That said, a large scale game mode with say 40 sparatans and destructible objects could be really fun. I think I this destruction system could be implemented very well into the current war zone we have in place and could prove fun in the new game.

I’d love destructible environments to an extent. Just to add some visual immersion and flare.

> 2533275031939856;9:
> I’d love destructible environments to an extent. Just to add some visual immersion and flare.

That is one reason for it but then there is also the tactical side it adds.

> 2533274890014309;10:
> > 2533275031939856;9:
> > I’d love destructible environments to an extent. Just to add some visual immersion and flare.
>
> That is one reason for it but then there is also the tactical side it adds.

I don’t think I’d want it to go to the extent of something like Battlefield where you can destroy entire buildings and what not. I feel like it would change Halo’s gameplay flow too drastically. Maybe just visual stuff and pieces of individual small cover.