Destructible Environments/ More Physics Input.

Anyone else feel like Halo should have destructible enviroments implemented by now? Just like on Battlefield, you play a BTB match and some of your team mates are in a nearby sniper tower and they begin to pick up a lot of kills, then all of a sudden the enemy team comes around the corner with a scorpion, shooting at the building a couple of times, the building shakes then collapses and while its collapsing the spartans inside of the wreckage use their thruster packs, etc. to escape the building that is falling over.

I wouldn’t go to the degree of battlefield, but some forms of cover, windows, etc could work perhaps.

Eh wouldn’t do much for me.

Didn’t one of the Halos already have this and it was kind of meh?

I believe it can work, not to mention it’s already been done in the past a few times.

Just not on the level of Battlefield 4.

Yes! But think about it, a match that is 32 vs 32, Spartans vs Elites, bullets flying everywhere people getting blown up, bodies flying in the air and even nearby infrastructures collapsing maybe even crude oil spilling everywhere and begins to rise in flames due to the chaos.

That would be cool IMO but seeing how people can’t stop crying that the game is like cod and destiny would just be more uproar that it would be like battlefield.

On the same level as H2A

Maybe some pillars, bit like struts which have sections which can be shot out etc and cover that can be, one thing i would like would be brick walls, like proper brick walls which you can break down, not fully but like an end half or something, especially in forge, would add more colour and texture to maps and make it more interesting cover wise seeming they can be broken… but yeah some implementation of things like that would be really cool, id defo welcome it, ive introduced some levolution into my forge maps and it does work very well, not so much in 4v4 maps but BTB maps i have to say it does :slight_smile:

Lets not compare to this to battlefield then, I think all games this gen should have some kind of enormous cloud physics inputed within two years. I have always admired the idea of fighting on a huge map with everything just becoming ugly.

I do however in forge at least we should be able to use the fx orbs but instead of changing your screen picture colour it changes the weather, so one orb could do it so it snows, another rain, another sunny, another cloudy, another night etc
Reason for doing them as orbs is because that way we can do it so the time of the day changes during the match, so you have cloudy spawn at the start, then mid game you auto spawn in rain with a timed trigger and then it stops raining 3 minutes after sort of thing, just think it would be really cool to have

Brilliant slashed! Maybe Storms added to Forge as well, what do you think? Like blizzards or even rain storms that flood certain parts of the maps. I think in Halo 3 forge there was an option to change the current state of the sunlight and darkness in the map. Like after 3 mins it would go completely dark and was harder to hide from the zombies in infection.

It’s kind of neat to see a moving gate or something every now and again, but overall I’d rather things stay static and predictable in my Halo environments. That’s just the way I prefer it. Especially things like a sniper tower. That should stay up always. Could you imagine Ascension after the banshee has blown up the towers? Yikes.

Nobody else pictures a game on Blood Gulch where the bases slowly crumble under sustained Scorpion cannon rounds?

There should at least be micro destruction like with Battlefield 3 close quarters, everything feels too fake.

Even in Battlefield not everything is destructible, there could be ways for the developers, and forge users, to pick and choose what is destructible and what is not.

> 2661949065475413;4:
> Didn’t one of the Halos already have this and it was kind of meh?

Halo 2 and Halo 3 are the ones that you’re talking about.

> 2533274819302824;5:
> I believe it can work, not to mention it’s already been done in the past a few times.
>
> Just not on the level of Battlefield 4.

I do not remember destruction ever being a consistent part of Halo gameplay. Maybe one or two places they added a destructible element for laughs but never to the level of it actually being an element in the overall formula.

> 2533274900015969;16:
> > 2533274819302824;5:
> > I believe it can work, not to mention it’s already been done in the past a few times.
> >
> > Just not on the level of Battlefield 4.
>
>
> I do not remember destruction ever being a consistent part of Halo gameplay. Maybe one or two places they added a destructible element for laughs but never to the level of it actually being an element in the overall formula.

The amount of destructible areas across all the Halo games has been very minute. I don’t expect it to change too much.

Halo 2 “Outskirts” had that destructible cover at the first courtyard area.

I Have always Wanted to see a More in-depth Sandbox Game for halo, (keep the arena But also have more) That was close to the level of Battle field With weapon were you could select all the features in Fictions the AR has so many options, BR has so many option, I just think it would be cool to have access to thing we have heard of but never seen.

But sadly People would see these and scream that it copying COD or BF, Im not saying these addition would innovate Halo enough to become the best game ever, but i always wanted a More Immersive Halo.

I asked People what they would do with the next halo to make it better and while users did offer anything ground breaking for halo, the ideas are pretty neat, Like giving the Spartans the ability to kick and through Objects Similar to Crysis, and Large level destructive environments while playing on maps, The user suggested playing on ships in space during space battles, which would be cool to see.

Um, idk.

Maybe a bit. Not to the level of the new rainbow six game though lol.