Destructible Environments in Halo 5???

So I think everyone has seen the new Locke trailer. One thing stood out to me, and that’s that he was busting through hella buildings and walls throughout the whole thing in some Covenant (I think) city. Anyway, this could be thrown in just for general effect, or it could mean we’ll see destruction in Halo 5.
It wasn’t in the beta, but that doesn’t mean much to me. The final game will most likely be very different. Maybe we’ll see destruction in campaign at least. How likely does this sound?

I hope we will be able to destroying the environement but I don’t think this feature will be present.
The beta don’t show us so…

If its in I expect it to be campaign only. Also do you think that the Spartan Abilities will be toned up for campaign? like in the trailer Locke’s ground pound has a massive shockwave.

They had a shootable platform on Eden. If you shot the supports, it would fall down.

Destructible environments has been discussed before, I could see it being a “campaign only” feature.

> 2533274867157068;4:
> They had a shootable platform on Eden. If you shot the supports, it would fall down.

Verified. I like this small level of destruction. Too much destruction, and Halo will lose it’s arena shooter feel.

> 2533274803493024;6:
> > 2533274867157068;4:
> > They had a shootable platform on Eden. If you shot the supports, it would fall down.
>
>
> Verified. I like this small level of destruction. Too much destruction, and Halo will lose it’s arena shooter feel.

I never knew that. In all the times I played on that map I never saw anyone shoot it down. Is it obvious?

would be cool.

It would be interesting if it works with the gameplay and doesn’t break it. However I wouldn’t hold your breathe as a lot of stuff from commercials don’t make it into the game. Even if the commercial was using in game assets, there are some camera tricks they can use.

I’d be all for it even for destructible armor (no gore), but at this point I don’t think this is going to happpen

I hope so for campaign at least.

I’d like to see something like the environmental hazards in H2A in future games.

I think they put to much attention on destructable element in the trailer, and because we saw nothing of the campain, it is possible.
It could be really great.

It would be ironic that they put mechanics that destroy the game, as well as mechanics that destroy the environment.

In my opinion it was probably just effects for the trailer. Destructible environments have never really been a “Halo” thing. Not very true to the arena gameplay.

> 2533274844741667;16:
> In my opinion it was probably just effects for the trailer. Destructible environments have never really been a “Halo” thing. Not very true to the arena gameplay.

That’s why maybe it will be only in the campain, or in some “predefine” things such as in Halo 2 anniversary when you can shoot some ice rock to fall to your ennemies

I don’t think you supposed to smash an arena.