Destructible Enemies

How would you feel about destructible enemies in Halo Infinite? For example, if you shoot a grunt in the head with a magnum its head explodes, and the more you shoot an elite or brute pieces of its armor come off, etc?

I think it’s a great idea. Just wondering how much power from your console it would take to render this real time in big heavily populated areas

This reminds me of H3, where you could melee a dead grunt and destroy their methane tank. I think it’s entirely possible and could add some interesting realism to the game play. Like if you shot them in the leg, their leg blew off. My brother in law was playing Black Ops 4 this weekend, and when he got shot in the legs, both legs blew off. It’s a bit gory, but historically, Halo hasn’t shied away from the gory details.

I’ve thought about the idea of this a couple time. I think it could be cool and interesting. I would want to keep the same ragdoll physics the game has had though. So if I mist/gib someone with a rocket or a tank, we no longer have a body flying around. Instead we have nothing. Or little chunks like Gears. Not completely against it, just curious on how much I’d like it in Halo. I’ve been wanting something a little more gory and dark from Halo for awhile. Maybe at least be able to gib Flood.

Maybe not to the level of having a Grunt get disassembled but you can kinda do this already with Prometheans…would be cool to see on more than just them though, breaking specific armor pieces.

> 2533274888352703;1:
> How would you feel about destructible enemies in Halo Infinite? For example, if you shoot a grunt in the head with a magnum its head explodes, and the more you shoot an elite or brute pieces of its armor come off, etc?

Yes and yes. I have wanted this for a long time. DOOM Eternal is going to have armour that disintegrates, I would love Halo to have it too, and yes to decapitation and dismemberment, Kat and Emile getting blown to bits in Gears 5 is great, I think it could work in Halo.

I agree with this idea. The game would for sure have to be rated “M” though (not that this is a bad thing)

I like the armour idea but I’m not sure I want that level of gore in Halo. I’m fine with that kind of gore in most games and even encourage it but for some reason I’m not sure if I’d like it in Halo specifically.

The armor destruction has factored in previous Halo’s, Reach especially comes to mind with Brute and Grunt helmets needing to be shot off before you could land a headshot on them. As far as that idea goes, I’d say it can certainly make a comeback in Infinite, and possibly be expanded onto other enemy types as well (I believe Promethian Knights had something similar at least in Halo 4, even).

As far as bodily mutilation of the enemy character models that correlates specifically to shots made by the player? It sounds pretty complicated to implement for a relatively minor enhancement to the game (I’d personally hardly notice, since my days of punching and shooting Covenant corpses in Halo were left back in the endless bloodletting days of CE). In any case, 343i and MS have been making a concentrated push at lowering the bar of entry to the Halo series in terms of making it a more family friendly and accessible game, along with their other first party games. I think that any chance of there being a feature like this has long since set sail when MS has even facilitated a reduction in gore in the form of a blood toggle in Gears of - Yoink! -ing War. I don’t have a problem with the reductions in gore/violence personally, but they’re a very observable trend.

I wouldn’t care if it were added or not to covenant species but that has some real potential with prometheans since they’re built out of floating pieces already. Have an option to blow off an amigers legs and he starts crawling his way across the battle field or something

The forerunner machines, the flood and drones already have it, I hope they do it with the hunters given that they aren’t precisely one single body but rather worms inside armor pieces, and some parts already fall apart. Why stop there?

I don’t count disrupting armors as such but they should definitely bring it back as well