Destiny PvP'er coming back to Halo 5, any tips?

Coming back to Halo and Halo5 in particular after a LOOOOONG time playing Destiny1/2 PvP and I’m struggling a little.

Some weapons seems pretty useless compared the even the good old assault rifle, what standard weapons are the go-to’s and what to avoid picking up?
Do I even ADS the battle rifle/burst fire weapons? I see a lot of people not doing that but I am.

Anything else worth mentioning? I’m keeping above 1.0KD but not by much!

Thanks in advance,
Ryno

Pretty much the most Reliable weapon in Halo 5’s Arena is just the Pistol, everyone uses it like Luna’s Howl & NF (I use Last Word True Skill)

> 2535428779736382;2:
> Pretty much the most Reliable weapon in Halo 5’s Arena is just the Pistol, everyone uses it like Luna’s Howl & NF (I use Last Word True Skill)

Should I be ADS’ing or not? It seems less important in H5 than Destiny.

> 2533274871070538;1:
> Coming back to Halo and Halo5 in particular after a LOOOOONG time playing Destiny1/2 PvP and I’m struggling a little.
>
> Some weapons seems pretty useless compared the even the good old assault rifle, what standard weapons are the go-to’s and what to avoid picking up?
> Do I even ADS the battle rifle/burst fire weapons? I see a lot of people not doing that but I am.
>
> Anything else worth mentioning? I’m keeping above 1.0KD but not by much!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ryno

Just the Magnum, if you play well, then you can win in every encounter, even if your enemy has a Mythic weapon hahaha

> 2533274870003168;4:
> > 2533274871070538;1:
> > Coming back to Halo and Halo5 in particular after a LOOOOONG time playing Destiny1/2 PvP and I’m struggling a little.
> >
> > Some weapons seems pretty useless compared the even the good old assault rifle, what standard weapons are the go-to’s and what to avoid picking up?
> > Do I even ADS the battle rifle/burst fire weapons? I see a lot of people not doing that but I am.
> >
> > Anything else worth mentioning? I’m keeping above 1.0KD but not by much!
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Ryno
>
> Just the Magnum, if you play well, then you can win in every encounter, even if your enemy has a Mythic weapon hahaha

Should I just force myself to use the magnum exclusively till I ‘get gud’ with it? And my question from before, do I ADS it or not? Or do I only ADS for long range encounters?

Ok, I think I’ve found a good YouTuber to follow. Proximitty.

> 2533274871070538;5:
> > 2533274870003168;4:
> > > 2533274871070538;1:
> > > Coming back to Halo and Halo5 in particular after a LOOOOONG time playing Destiny1/2 PvP and I’m struggling a little.
> > >
> > > Some weapons seems pretty useless compared the even the good old assault rifle, what standard weapons are the go-to’s and what to avoid picking up?
> > > Do I even ADS the battle rifle/burst fire weapons? I see a lot of people not doing that but I am.
> > >
> > > Anything else worth mentioning? I’m keeping above 1.0KD but not by much!
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Ryno
> >
> > Just the Magnum, if you play well, then you can win in every encounter, even if your enemy has a Mythic weapon hahaha
>
> Should I just force myself to use the magnum exclusively till I ‘get gud’ with it? And my question from before, do I ADS it or not? Or do I only ADS for long range encounters?

If you’re good, then you can use the magnum as a sniper haha (because it’s too overpowered); well, the thing is that most of the people just use the magnum… So they have an advantage if you use the AR, BR or DMR.

I usually use the tactial magnum and Halo 2 BR or DMR on regular Warzone (the last ones because sometimes I get bored of the Magnum), but yes, I recommend you to get a good level using just the magnum, then try with another weapon, especially if you play Arena.

The weapons aren’t useless. They are actually more balanced than any previous Halo over all really. While the pistol is the main utility weapon. Weapons like the AR and SMG still can be very useful in close quarters. The AR is best to be burst fired and try to hit the head to get those head shot multipliers. The BR and DMR can be useful at long range but sadly most of the arena maps, when it comes to 4v4 and FFA are kinda close to mid range so it’s best to use the pistol most of the time. It takes a lot of practice, more so than any other Halo IMO to get proficient at it. And don’t be afraid to mess with your vertical and horizontal sensitivities.

> 2533274871070538;3:
> > 2535428779736382;2:
> > Pretty much the most Reliable weapon in Halo 5’s Arena is just the Pistol, everyone uses it like Luna’s Howl & NF (I use Last Word True Skill)
>
> Should I be ADS’ing or not? It seems less important in H5 than Destiny.

Hip fire if the reticle is red. ADS if Grey. You can get descoped so it’s better to get use to hip fire in 1v1s.