Despite the constant feedback, it looks like split-screen for PC on MCC has gone to higher ups and is officially being canned

A while back, I contacted Halo Support about being unable to access split-screen on PC, regarding split-screen on PC, and observing that it wasn’t on the known issues list. I got a general response appreciating the feedback and the ticket was kept open.

Today I got a response. It looks like the issue was raised further but the PC community only got bad news:

Hi there Nefnoj,

Thank you for the update. After raising this issue, we have come to the decision that PC players won’t be able to use split-screen for the vanilla version of the game. We’ve also added this information to this article: Quick start guide for Halo: The Master Chief Collection (MCC)

There are online articles on the Steam forums that allow this but it may require modding the game. I recommend you visit the Steam forums for more information.

Should you encounter other in-game issues, feel free to send us a new ticket.

Thank you,

Halo Agent Golf

With all the bad news about Halo, I was really disappointed to find it only got worse.

4 Likes
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/4401928876692-Quick-start-guide-for-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-MCC-
  • On PC, you can play with friends over the Xbox network, but you can’t use split screen.

If you want to play split-screen on MCC then use the Nucleus Coop mod. It has been improved in the last year and a half if you haven’t looked at it recently. I trust it. FYI you should expect to have to reduce the graphic settings. It works by running multiple copies of the game and networking them together on the same machine.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2077569545
1 Like

yeah that’s the best way to do it on pc, but you can do co-op over lan as well. so it’s not all bad.

and besides, we have mod support on pc. i’d rather mod the games to play how i want them to play than have no mod support at all.

either way pc is the best way to play halo. i also now have a modded xbox 360 to replay halo, 2, 3, 4, odst and reach in splitscreen, each game modded with various unofficial mod tools, for the best experience and a better framerate than the originals had. so i have the best of both worlds.

odst looks amazingly good without bloom, motion blur and colour grading and a load of other stuff and halo 4 is less annoying to play without all the bloom and lens flares.