Despite quick matches the population seems low.

Played some guys yesterday on slayer, and after the game was over we went to breakout, and played them again. I have noticed im running into a lot of the same people or doing rematches. Then add the rank in to the mix, and it looks like we are joining people just to play rather than being matched on rank.

I can’t tell whether this is a population problem or a ranking problem.

The game is great though, but I want it to actually stick around.

ya after black ops fallout and star wars came out halo has been stuck at number 8 with black ops ( worst shooter out right now) is number one. Fallout isn’t a game u play over and over tho so those players will come back and after holidays all the new games wont be new and population will hopefully come back with forge!

ya after black ops fallout and star wars came out halo has been stuck at number 8 with black ops ( worst shooter out right now) is number one. Fallout isn’t a game u play over and over tho so those players will come back and after holidays all the new games wont be new and population will hopefully come back with forge!

And I agree its IMO the best shooter on the market right now and my favorite. I hope it doesn’t die like halo 4! I think its just to competitive and has higher skill gaps ao caauals just play easier faster kill time games like cod :cry:

> 2535466462953387;2:
> ya after black ops fallout and star wars came out halo has been stuck at number 8 with black ops ( worst shooter out right now) is number one. Fallout isn’t a game u play over and over tho so those players will come back and after holidays all the new games wont be new and population will hopefully come back with forge!

Takes me a lot longer to find games now. And what bubble of denial are you living in. BO3 is the best shooter out now. If people didn’t like it they’d leave for something else but it started as #1 and stayed that way. Halo 5 tanked fast. It has the lowest average player reviews of all the other Halo games.

People will not leave Fallout 4 to “come back” to Halo 5. That game takes months to play and there are far too many other games out that are better than Halo 5.
Don’t understand the mindset that people think there will be a massive influx of noobs to resurrect this game. It won’t happen.

People come and go with Halo.
Its kinda been that way since Reach.
No ones happy.
Halo 4 was horrible but its population still stood strong so I would expect the same if not more for Halo 5.

Ya matches are still fairly quick, but like you said I keep playing the same people over and over. So if that’s what 343 meant when they said you’d play people around your skill, then I’d rather have it how it was and play with a wide range of population. Especially considering I hope they bring back more playlists like doubles, multi, objective, and sniping so that will even stretch things thinner than they are now.

And as for the population coming back “after the holidays” that doesn’t happen as much as you’d think. Sure a few people will come back after playing fallout and some other games, just like I still dabble on MCC. but I’m not going back full force on games I’ve already experienced, and I don’t see Halo 5 making any significant changes that would actually interest people who’ve left anyways. It’s just not that feasible.

> 2533274846483350;5:
> People come and go with Halo.
> Its kinda been that way since Reach.
> No ones happy.
> Halo 4 was horrible but its population still stood strong so I would expect the same if not more for Halo 5.

Lol Halo 4 suffered the worst population drop of all the games, though…

I started on release day playing with 8 friends. All of left Halo 5 and none plan to return. The friends I made while playing have left, too. That’s how bad this game has become.

I’m just getting bored with it. REQS seem good at first but end up being super limiting. Reach’s invasion got it right with tiers being unlocked to both teams when a new area was captured. On warzone, I’ve had too many games where the enemy just rolls through and they have fuel rods and snipers while my team hasn’t even gotten level 3 req.

Was excited for BTB, but the maps are super small, and all 3 games I’ve played, Everytime I get a power weapon I get betrayed by my team so they can steal it. Wow, much fun, such excitement.

Just don’t know how much longer I can say “hopefully it will be fun next game”

If you are complaining about population with a game that us constantly in the top ten and sometimes in the top five may want to consider giving up on gaming because it as a whole is in trouble then.

The whole week it was in the top five. The day btb dropped the game was in like 9th at its usual peak time, then after that it got to 5, and right now it’s at 7, so it’s population is fluctuating pretty frequently, probably because there’s not a whole lot to do in the game.

> 2533274816788253;10:
> If you are complaining about population with a game that us constantly in the top ten and sometimes in the top five may want to consider giving up on gaming because it as a whole is in trouble then.

LOL. It’s only been out for barely 3 weeks. It had better be in the top 10. But that’s as good as it gets.
As of today according to Microsoft/Xbox Live:
TOP PAID:

• Star Wars
  • Fallout 4
  • BO3
  • Tomb Raider
  • Minecraft
  • Halo 5

MOST PLAYED:

• BO3
  • Fallout 4
  • Star Wars
  • Destiny
  • FIFA 16
  • NBA 2K 16
  • Halo 5You know Halo 5 sucks when it’s getting out played by Destiny on a Friday.

> 2535431594730596;12:
> > 2533274816788253;10:
> > If you are complaining about population with a game that us constantly in the top ten and sometimes in the top five may want to consider giving up on gaming because it as a whole is in trouble then.
>
>
> LOL. It’s only been out for barely 3 weeks. It had better be in the top 10. But that’s as good as it gets.
>
> As of today according to Microsoft/Xbox Live:
>
> TOP PAID:
>
> - Start Wars
> - Fallout 4
> - BO3
> - Tomb Raider
> - Minecraft
> - Halo 5
> MOST PLAYED:
>
> - BO3
> - Fallout 4
> - Star Wars
> - Destiny
> - FIFA 16
> - NBA 2K 16
> - Halo 5
> You know Halo 5 sucks when it’s getting out played by Destiny.

Destiny NEVER dies!

> 2533274868530044;13:
> > 2535431594730596;12:
> > > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > If you are complaining about population with a game that us constantly in the top ten and sometimes in the top five may want to consider giving up on gaming because it as a whole is in trouble then.
> >
> >
> > LOL. It’s only been out for barely 3 weeks. It had better be in the top 10. But that’s as good as it gets.
> >
> > As of today according to Microsoft/Xbox Live:
> >
> > TOP PAID:
> >
> > - Start Wars
> > - Fallout 4
> > - BO3
> > - Tomb Raider
> > - Minecraft
> > - Halo 5
> > MOST PLAYED:
> >
> > - BO3
> > - Fallout 4
> > - Star Wars
> > - Destiny
> > - FIFA 16
> > - NBA 2K 16
> > - Halo 5
> > You know Halo 5 sucks when it’s getting out played by Destiny.
>
>
> Destiny NEVER dies…

But Halo 5 will… and only after a few weeks. Says something when Bungie develops a game that’s been out for 1+ year and has already taken down Halo 5.

> 2535431594730596;12:
> > 2533274816788253;10:
> > If you are complaining about population with a game that us constantly in the top ten and sometimes in the top five may want to consider giving up on gaming because it as a whole is in trouble then.
>
>
> LOL. It’s only been out for barely 3 weeks. It had better be in the top 10. But that’s as good as it gets.
> TOP PAID:
>
>
>
>
> - Star Wars
> - Fallout 4
> - BO3
> - Tomb Raider
> - Minecraft
> - Halo 5
> MOST PLAYED:
>
> - BO3
> - Fallout 4
> - Star Wars
> - Destiny
> - FIFA 16
> - NBA 2K 16
> - Halo 5
> You know Halo 5 sucks when it’s getting out played by Destiny on a Friday.

Except Destiny has loads of brainwashed fools.

> 2535431594730596;12:
> > 2533274816788253;10:
>
>
> TOP PAID:
>
>
>
>
> - Star Wars
> - Fallout 4
> - BO3
> - Tomb Raider
> - Minecraft
> - Halo 5
> MOST PLAYED:
>
> - BO3
> - Fallout 4
> - Star Wars
> - Destiny
> - FIFA 16
> - NBA 2K 16
> - Halo 5
> You know Halo 5 sucks when it’s getting out played by Destiny on a Friday.

And this is when Halo’s population peaks: Weekend nights lol!

It’s just all the big titles within a 3 week releases frame (Halo 5, Fallout 4, Battlefront, Black Ops III, Tomb Raider). Players will return at Christmas. Be thankful for the quick matchmaking.

> 2533274905097737;15:
> > 2535431594730596;12:
> > > 2533274816788253;10:
> > > If you are complaining about population with a game that us constantly in the top ten and sometimes in the top five may want to consider giving up on gaming because it as a whole is in trouble then.
> >
> >
> > LOL. It’s only been out for barely 3 weeks. It had better be in the top 10. But that’s as good as it gets.
> > As of today according to Microsoft/Xbox Live:
> > TOP PAID:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > - Star Wars
> > - Fallout 4
> > - BO3
> > - Tomb Raider
> > - Minecraft
> > - Halo 5
> > MOST PLAYED:
> >
> > - BO3
> > - Fallout 4
> > - Star Wars
> > - Destiny
> > - FIFA 16
> > - NBA 2K 16
> > - Halo 5
> > You know Halo 5 sucks when it’s getting out played by Destiny on a Friday.
>
>
> Except Destiny has loads of brainwashed fools.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Because it’s never about the number of people supporting and playing a game or average player review ratings.

> 2533274819030629;17:
> It’s just all the big titles within a 3 week releases frame (Halo 5, Fallout 4, Battlefront, Black Ops III, Tomb Raider). Players will return at Christmas. Be thankful for the quick matchmaking.

You just defeated your own argument. Players will not return. All my friends left Halo 5 and traded in their games. At Xmas players will go to the top games and it won’t be Halo. 343 will get some new ones but most of the social players will go to Star Wars, the competitive will keep playing BO3, and the those seeking rich content will pick Fallout 4. Don’t forget that by then Rainbow Six Siege will be out.

If I’m waiting until Xmas to get a game then I’ll be looking at player reviews and Halo 5 has the lowest of all Halos. It’s averaging 2 1/2 stars on Amazon, Metacritic at 6.6 and the same elsewhere. Why would I waste money on a game like that?

> 2535431594730596;4:
> > 2535466462953387;2:
> > ya after black ops fallout and star wars came out halo has been stuck at number 8 with black ops ( worst shooter out right now) is number one. Fallout isn’t a game u play over and over tho so those players will come back and after holidays all the new games wont be new and population will hopefully come back with forge!
>
>
> Takes me a lot longer to find games now. And what bubble of denial are you living in. BO3 is the best shooter out now. If people didn’t like it they’d leave for something else but it started as #1 and stayed that way. Halo 5 tanked fast. It has the lowest average player reviews of all the other Halo games.
> People will not leave Fallout 4 to “come back” to Halo 5. That game takes months to play and there are far too many other games out that are better than Halo 5.
> Don’t understand the mindset that people think there will be a massive influx of noobs to resurrect this game. It won’t happen.

Damn dude lmfao. We get it you want the game to die so you can make your self feel better about yourself “leaving the game”. You’re in here basically telling everybody there stupid because they think people will come back after the holidays. It’s like you want it to fail😂