Describe the mindset of a n00b.

When I search Invasion with a friend, I take the time to study my opponents. Check their K/D, their W/L, etc. But seeing them in-game, charging headlong into battle with a AR/PRepeater, it makes me wonder why they do this action in the first place. Having noobs on my team bring me despair. When searching alone, I just go for kills seeing as my team are -Yoinking!- pathetic to do anything about it. When searching with a friend, we coordinate accordingly and efficiently, using noobs as bait.

I’ve decided to revert back to the FFA playlists where my individual skill can truly shine, no awful teammates to worry about, it’s every man for himself, just the way I like it.

What about you, Waypoint? How would you describe a noob’s mindset when you first witness them?

Lets just say if i where to think and play like them i would have stopped playing long ago.

I killed a kid on Asphalt while playing heavies…he was charging me…from a LONG distance away…I had a DMR…he had a sword and a shotgun facepalm

And then there are the mates that grab the sniper…jump off the base…they must have A.D.D because they see a guy driving a warthog…they get on the turret of the hog and drive off to enemy territory and die…losing our sniper. Also done with a shotgun or rockets.

And then the worst are the ones who get in a warthog…drive away with no gunner and/or a falcon and fly away with nobody on the turrets.

Based on what I’ve seen, and on how some of my friends behave,…

a) They’re unaware of the relative strengths and weaknesses of weapons. They attempt to use the Assault Rifle, Plasma Repeater, and other weapons because they don’t know that these weapons were nerfed to oblivion. They assume, incorrectly, that the sandbox is balanced and well-designed.

b) They often attempt the same unsuccessful attack strategy several times under the belief that they are, somehow, chipping away at the enemy, or that they might get lucky. For example, a noob will go up Sword Base’s gold lift time and time again, spamming 'nades in the futile hope that maybe one of them will bounce at an angle and kill the Sword/Shotgun campers up top.

c) They’ll use imbalanced and unskilled abilities not out of malice or a deliberate will to exploit them, but rather because they assume that the sandbox is balanced properly. When a true noob uses Armor Lock, they’re not laughing at how exploitable it is; they simply think, “Hey, I’m pretty good with this one.”

d) They don’t pay attention to the situation, and fail to grasp that certain tactics or items are only powerful in certain circumstances. An extreme example would be trying to use a Needle Rifle on a Banshee; a more realistic example would be that provided by “-Yoink!- -Yoink!- 24 7”, above.

This guy…
Really?
Wow…
WTF…

These are just some of the things I say when encountering noobs.

> Based on what I’ve seen, and on how some of my friends behave,…
>
> a) They’re unaware of the relative strengths and weaknesses of weapons. They attempt to use the Assault Rifle, Plasma Repeater, and other weapons because they don’t know that these weapons were nerfed to oblivion. They assume, incorrectly, that the sandbox is balanced and well-designed.
>
> b) They often attempt the same unsuccessful attack strategy several times under the belief that they are, somehow, chipping away at the enemy, or that they might get lucky. For example, a noob will go up Sword Base’s gold lift time and time again, spamming 'nades in the futile hope that maybe one of them will bounce at an angle and kill the Sword/Shotgun campers up top.
>
> c) They’ll use imbalanced and unskilled abilities not out of malice or a deliberate will to exploit them, but rather because they assume that the sandbox is balanced properly. When a true noob uses Armor Lock, they’re not laughing at how exploitable it is; they simply think, “Hey, I’m pretty good with this one.”
>
> d) They don’t pay attention to the situation, and fail to grasp that certain tactics or items are only powerful in certain circumstances. An extreme example would be trying to use a Needle Rifle on a Banshee; a more realistic example would be that provided by “-Yoink!- -Yoink!- 24 7”, above.

Oh God, I can’t tell you how much your points have hit themselves dead center. Everything you said is true, so -Yoink- true. XD

Never thinks…
Oblivious to everything…
Only anoying in every way…
Becoming mentaly challenged .

thats my NOOB whats yours?

> Based on what I’ve seen, and on how some of my friends behave,…
>
> a) They’re unaware of the relative strengths and weaknesses of weapons. They attempt to use the Assault Rifle, Plasma Repeater, and other weapons because they don’t know that these weapons were nerfed to oblivion. They assume, incorrectly, that the sandbox is balanced and well-designed.

Hey now. Some of us use the Plasma Repeater out of boredom with the stale gameplay TYVM. :stuck_out_tongue:

Going up yellow on Sword Base just to die every time. Do people even know that level HAS two other lifts? I live and die by Red lift. I usually hang out top red, and then flank top yellow when the noobs come up. usually I can clean up after the noob with a few well placed grenades and melee.

The falcon is useless in heavies, I avoid it like the plague. In reg BTB its deadly with the right people behind the guns and a good pilot. But heavies matches are so loaded with anti vehicle weapons its absurd. I imagine noobs don’t realize this, and then I laugh as I earn free SPlaser triples.

I’ve seen people charge enemies in Ghosts. Enemies who are standing still, and looking right at them. Something that just screams “armor locker” to me. I feel like i’m watching someone get hit by a car. “No! Look out! You’re gonnuhhhhhhhhh” cringe

one of the worst things is when a noob is driving a vehicle and you r a passenger or the gunner and the drive off into the middle of the battle and the stop smack in the center of it.they sit there until they r about 2 blow up then they start driving straight to the enemy spawn and then u and everyone in the vehicle blow up…
Or u r about 2 kill someone and they drive in the complete oppisite direction.

> > Based on what I’ve seen, and on how some of my friends behave,…
> >
> > a) They’re unaware of the relative strengths and weaknesses of weapons. They attempt to use the Assault Rifle, Plasma Repeater, and other weapons because they don’t know that these weapons were nerfed to oblivion. They assume, incorrectly, that the sandbox is balanced and well-designed.
>
> Hey now. Some of us use the Plasma Repeater out of boredom with the stale gameplay TYVM. :stuck_out_tongue:

And might I say, we’re pretty damn good with it, too! :stuck_out_tongue:

My “favorite” people are those who are all gas and no brake with vehicles. They often charge right up over hills and over rocks without bothering to maintain control of the vehicle. If they see a battle, rather than drive around it and pick people off, they floor it into the midst of the battle, often resulting in a fiery ball of death a few seconds later!

It would take me significantly longer than a single post to cover the mindset of a newb. I just don’t have it in me right now.

Basically it all boils down to lacking the ability/desire to learn. Unless you have one of the cheap arcade Xbox 360s with the built in harddrive, you’re able to to watch films in theater.

Want to know how that guy reach the rockets so much sooner than you could? How did that guy beat you to the Banshee? Where the heck was that guy sniping from! All these answers are easily found in Theater. People just don’t bother with it.

If I come across a team significantly better than ours (The team of top 1% Onyx players springs to mind lol) I make sure to save the film. Afterwards I reviewed both videos (We faced them back to back), from the POV of all 4 members. Sure enough they weren’t just better shots than us, they were using tactics I wouldn’t have thought of. Different movement patterns, new grenade bounces off of places I wouldn’t have thought to bounce off of, new angles to support each other, etc.

I really think almost anybody can get better than I am at this game, people just don’t feel like making the effort. They’d rather just play purely for fun, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Mostly I think it is just people who don’t care about what happens to them. Maybe you are getting paired with some of the 5-10 year olds who play without a care as to what they are doing. The worst is in games like swat where the more you move around the longer you live. Today these three guys in sword base were hiding on the top level outside the yellow lift room getting owned over and over again.

So wait, in Objective based gametypes you only even go for kills to pad your stats, and call anybody who attempts to go for the Objective a “n00b” because they’re not padding their stats?

> So wait, in Objective based gametypes you only even go for kills to pad your stats, and call anybody who attempts to go for the Objective a “n00b” because they’re not padding their stats?

No he’s not calling them noobs BECAUSE they go for the objective, he’s calling them noobs because he can clearly see that they’re using the weakest weapons possible instead of trying to switch to something better. He doesn’t pad kills just to pad, he does it because he can clearly see his team isn’t capable of winning so he’s just not going to bother trying.

Why even go into Obj. if you’re not with a team? Pffft

> Why even go into Obj. if you’re not with a team? Pffft

I think he means when teams of inheritors vote for it in BTB

> > Why even go into Obj. if you’re not with a team? Pffft
>
> I think he means when teams of inheritors vote for it in BTB

Ohh Kay…

> Never thinks…
> Oblivious to everything…
> Only anoying in every way…
> Becoming mentaly challenged .
>
> thats my NOOB whats yours?

heres mine

Cant aim for -Yoink- thats one
Yells ignorant or negative comments to other players who could kick their -Yoink- and much more
oh and they are annoying as -Yoink- and have the skillset of a -Yoinking!- roadkilled animal

I consider myself very noobish so I wouldn’t be able to really say what may be considered noobish or not. Although, I do feel it’s noobish when people come to the same area they were killed in the same direction, meanwhile I just wait till their heads pop up and put one right between the eyes, or err… visor?

I play Swat a lot. Probably very nubbish too. Haha.