DESCOPE??

Honestly, is any one else not as bothered as I by the removal of descope and the lame implementation of flinching.

One of the things that drew me into Halo CE was how unique and fundamentally solid it was among any FPS thus made. Yes, the CE pistol was OP, (much like the H4 DMR) but it didn’t matter near as much because of DESCOPING.

A constant struggle between zooming back in and aiming, getting shot out of zoom, and zooming back in and aiming. This one single mechanic of halo made the game so great; balancing long range weapons with mid/short range weapons. You could be ambushed and 2 shots in, turn around, scope, hit the enemy player causing them to go OUT OF SCOPE, and finish them off with your own 3 shot through good aim and strafing. THIS IS NON-EXISTANT IN HALO 4.

I can only fathom how much better halo 4 would play and balance if only for the descope mechanism. So many problems with the DMR would be solved, allowing for advancement to the opposing player, something severely missing in halo 4. Don’t even get me started on how much better it would balance out the snipers. I can’t count how many times I’ve been 2 shotted by an enemy with a sniper while I am in his/her face drilling him/her with the BR/DMR. WHERE IS THE SKILL IN THIS?!

I can deal with all the layers and layers of -Yoink- they added to this game, but something I think about each and every time I play is this MAJOR, MAJOR flaw in the dynamics of a “Halo game.” It boils my skin.

Thanks for reading, would really like to hear y’all’s input.

I almost couldn’t believe it when I realized that everyone stayed scoped when they were shot since I remembered reading about the Rogue Specialization and how you’d need that to stay scoped.

This is another instance of changing something core to Halo just for the sake of change.

It wasn’t needed, it wasn’t wanted, it takes away from what Halo is.

But no, 343 had to appeal to the whiners who complained that they “couldn’t shoot someone who was shooting them from far away”.

> Honestly, is any one else not as bothered as I by the removal of descope and the lame implementation of flinching.
>
> One of the things that drew to me to Halo CE was how unique and fundamentally solid it was among any FPS ever made. Yes the CE pistol was OP (much like the H4 DMR) but it didn’t matter near as much because of DESCOPING.
>
> A constant struggle between zooming back in and aiming, getting shot out of zoom, and zooming back in and aiming. This one single mechanic of halo made the game so great; balancing long range weapons with mid/short range weapons. You could be ambushed and 2 shots in, turn around, scope, hit the enemy player causing them to go OUT OF SCOPE, and finish them off with your own 3 shot through good aim and strafing. THIS IS NON-EXISTANT IN HALO 4.
>
> I can only fathom how much better halo 4 would play and balance if only for the descope mechanism. So many problems with the DMR would be solved, allowing for advancement to the opposing player, something severely missing in halo 4. Don’t even get me started on how better it would balance out the snipers. I can’t count how many times I’ve been 2 shorted by an element with a sniper while I am in his face drilling him with the BR/DMR. WHERE IS THE SKILL IN THIS?!
>
> I can deal with all the layers and layers of -Yoink!- they added to this game, but something I think about each and every time I play is this MAJOR, MAJOR flaw in the dynamics of a “Halo game.” It boils my skin.
>
> Thanks for reading, would really like to hear y’all’s input.

stupid dmr makes the game garbage i never have as much fun i haven in halo 4 as halo 3 or even reach sometimes… the sad thing is that the rouge specialization was set to you to not descope so 343 had descope but some person tought that it would be cool to get ride of descope