Deranking possible in Fall Season 2018

Hey i was searching the Forum and the Internet in generall and i found mixed answers to my question. So here‘s the thing:

After a lot of struggle and rage i finally reached diamond 1 in Team Arena. Now im wondering can i drop back to Plat 6 if i lose matches?

Some people say yes others say you cant drop to a different Division once you‘ve reached the higher one. Except for Champion and Onyx.

so what‘s the thing now ?

> 2533274813603930;1:
> Hey i was searching the Forum and the Internet in generall and i found mixed answers to my question. So here‘s the thing:
>
> After a lot of struggle and rage i finally reached diamond 1 in Team Arena. Now im wondering can i drop back to Plat 6 if i lose matches?
>
> Some people say yes others say you cant drop to a different Division once you‘ve reached the higher one. Except for Champion and Onyx.
>
> so what‘s the thing now ?

Yes you can! happened to me today in the past you couldn’t drop a whole level but they changed it ages ago theoretically you could go from onyx to bronze, last season with this new mmr crap I went from diamond one to gold 4 and was destroying people but because I kept losing I kept dropping rank

Yeah unfortunately, that is the case. It sucks I know, just keeps you grinding and playing better

Yes, you can derank, but the system will catch on to that pretty quickly if you’re doing it purposely to try and get easier matches which is similar to what a smurf does. Once you start playing at your actual skill level, you’ll start playing people around that level again despite being a lower CSR rank. If you’re losing naturally, then you’ll drop rank and play those people in that skill range.

You’ve been able to drop back down in rank since 2016

> 2533274813603930;1:
> Hey i was searching the Forum and the Internet in generall and i found mixed answers to my question. So here‘s the thing:
>
> After a lot of struggle and rage i finally reached diamond 1 in Team Arena. Now im wondering can i drop back to Plat 6 if i lose matches?
>
> Some people say yes others say you cant drop to a different Division once you‘ve reached the higher one. Except for Champion and Onyx.
>
> so what‘s the thing now ?

It depends. For me I’d have to lose like 5 matches to lose Diamond 1 it’s very forgiving. Though for others as soon as they lose a match they go back to platinum. I guess the players who almost never rank platinum anymore and rank high diamond are the ones who don’t rank down.

> 2533274813317074;5:
> You’ve been able to drop back down in rank since 2016

> 2533274813317074;5:
> You’ve been able to drop back down in rank since 2016

I play Halo 5 since a month ago. That’s why I was curious :slight_smile: