Deployable/switch bridges?

Any one know how it could work? Post your crazy ideas and theories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybvwisb6CRs <---- My bridge I made.

I cant recall them saying anything about it. I did see the panel vids at E3.
Must of slipped me somehow.
What/How do they work? I might be able to think og something.

Unfortunately, if you are asking for built-in switches and bridges, Bungie isn’t giving us any :(. Though some pretty amazing (yet complicated) hand made switches came out of Halo 3, and most likely they will work with Reach. Who knows, perhaps we’ll discover new switches during Reach’s life.

Maybe, but it would take BUNGIE alot of scipting and it might overload the CPU or something.But it would be cool if there was some sort of target locator like the MAC gun that when you used it, you can drop in weapons, a bridge, or some Bot ODST.

Ah this thread! I managed to do it!

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7309157&player=erickyboo

My extendible bridge!

I have no doubt its possible.

At the very least, you could set up an Invasion gametype for it. The “Switch” could be a capture point and when you enter the next phase, a bridge could spawn.

> I have no doubt its possible.
>
> At the very least, you could set up an Invasion gametype for it. The “Switch” could be a capture point and when you enter the next phase, a bridge could spawn.

It is possible http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybvwisb6CRs

And I already used the idea of invasion on my relic interior remake map.

> I have no doubt its possible.
>
> At the very least, you could set up an Invasion gametype for it. The “Switch” could be a capture point and when you enter the next phase, a bridge could spawn.

It is possible http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybvwisb6CRs

And I already used the idea of invasion on my relic interior remake map.

I agreed that it was possible. I just didn’t know the specifics. It doesn’t look too difficult to create, I bet you could build a map in the ocean and have the lower bridge concealed by the water. Would look much cooler! :slight_smile:

There is a way to make a bridge that can not be crossed and i know how. Use explosives to block crate and then put some gravity lifts to push them. Now over the space to hold up the crates put teleporters. As for the button use a trip mine behind a energy shield.

> Bungie

wat.

This aside, they would function like teleporters, using channels. Gate channels, of sorts. I would assume you could place Destructable Gate Winches, Gate Closers, Gate Openers, and Gate Two-Ways. As far as gates, small, medium, large. I really hope 343 blows our mind with Forge, though, giving us things we couldn’t even imagine, like item health (I imagined it, I know).

> > Bungie
>
> wat.
>
> This aside, they would function like teleporters, using channels. Gate channels, of sorts. I would assume you could place Destructable Gate Winches, Gate Closers, Gate Openers, and Gate Two-Ways. As far as gates, small, medium, large. I really hope 343 blows our mind with Forge, though, giving us things we couldn’t even imagine, like item health (I imagined it, I know).

Bungie gave us Vehicle Health.

I’m sure everyone loves that. :slight_smile:

I’d like some sort of health indicator on-screen like Halo CE had.

Very frustrating to be driving along, get hit by a plasma pistol bolt and explode in an inferno.

I’m sure interact-able Forge elements are possible. The simplest concept would be having an energy-based extending bridge. There would be a small section of a pathway, with a console to extend and retract the bridge on either side.

You can technically do this with the Invasion gametype. All you would need to do is make something like a 1-way energy shield spawn when the game enters into Phase 2 or 3. Place it horizontally and across a gap to form a bridge. Of course there’s going to be some push when you go to walk across it.

I sort of did this on an Invasion map I forged. I used a 1-way energy shield to form a barrier gate. The objective for the Elites was to disable the shield in Phase 1 by capturing one of two territories. When Phase 2 began, the barrier would disappear.