Demand for evaluation on 343's communicated quotes (see post)

I really hope the next dev update will acknowledge their following statements.

Do you guys also wish to be educated on these quotes as well?

• We want everyone to play the game in a healthy manner that they enjoy. We’re not trying to build a grind-machine that burns everyone out in an attempt to get more game time from them. Halo Infinite needs to be a place where we all look forward to spending time.

• We maintain a player-first focus. Think of all the games we’ve all played that have random rewards, ask people to play a way they hate just for a new shiny, or weaponize FOMO against the player. There will be limited-time events, but we don’t want to turn free time into a chore. We’re not all about that. Everyone should enjoy their time in Halo Infinite.

• Allow Player Expression. We want everyone to build their dream Spartan. We are always looking for more ways to customize in-game personas and give the players options. My team knows that our long-term players have favorites that they love and may have for two decades.

• After we see Halo Infinite launch, we’ll shift a bit more to monitoring the state of the game and ensuring we react appropriately. Not only is this working with our friends on the Community team, but with Analytics, ongoing work with User Research, etc. to ensure that the team knows what’s working and what’s not. This means that we will have a direct partnership with you, the players, that we’ll use to improve the game experience together over the lifetime of the game.

• We will always provide value for pure engagement and simply playing the game. We believe that providing value isn’t exclusive to monetary transactions, it’s also about making sure you’re properly rewarded for the time you’re investing into the game. Players that play for free will be able unlock items across a multitude of different customization types to allow them to represent themselves in-game.

• Players will still obtain tons of customization content through things like playing campaign, challenges, skill, special events, legacy rewards (such as the Halo 5 SR 152 reward), the progress system, and more.

• To dial it in a little, the geo that could be changed or added to in Reach was: Helmet, Helmet Attachment, Chest Gear, Shoulder Pads (left and right), Knee Guards, Wrist Gear, and Utility as well as Visor Color. These will all be back, and we will go further.

source (December 2020 blog):
http ://web .archive.org/web/20201208234331/https:// www .halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-december-2020)
(remove the spacebars, forum denied link)

They seem to be the opposite at the moment.

I, for my part, need to get told their current evaluation on everyone of these cases

23 Likes

I wish there was a way I could push this constantly to the front page because 343 you have straight up lied to us.

4 Likes

Do you think the beta is just a build and on release there will be more content with more structured and unreleased ingame systems?

There was a tweet that devs are now going for a thanksgiving break which kinda tells me the opposite and for testing reason slimmed down beta build could be the same as release… that would make me sad :frowning:

The use of the term ‘beta’ has been stretched pretty thin in Infinite’s case, the “official” release is less than a month away, there is no way a build exists where a lot of the missing and poorly implemented systems are available, this IS the retail build

We’ll probably get a day one patch but it won’t fix any of the glaring issues the game has.

Nope, this is the game. Nothing that’s been said suggests otherwise. I don’t expect any major structural changes till May.

They must’ve been talking about another game because implementing a challenge-only progression system with some unreasonable challenge requirements is making the progression in this game a chore

there is no enjoyment in progressing in this game, especially when the most of the items you can obtain are in the store for real money.

2 Likes

The leak about the yoroi event turned out to be true.
I’m waiting to see if the campaign leak was true too, and if it is I’m quitting until things are fixed.

You call it a chore, I call it a second Job :sweat_smile:

It’s taking me way too many hours because of the random challanges x random maps issue.

Yesterday I played nearly 4 hours to get my 3 Odd Ball matches done and I had in all the hours spent only these 3 Odd Ball matches! How the hell can I do the rest of the challanges in one week if I don’t constantly play with this randomised “good luck, you’ll need it” -Yoink!- system?

I probably won’t buy any Battlepasses anymore. This is my first and last. Too much stress for a game.

1 Like

Turns out those were all lies. Hopefully they actually stick to them now that they’ve been called out for them.

This is the one. How could a 343 employee comfortably say this, fully knowing that progression is based entirely on challenges and thus will force players to do things they might hate? Any form of progression in multiplayer so far has been a chore instead of it being FUN.

Source? How do you know they did not disabled it on purpose? Im working as dev for an other Company and this is exactly what we do. Beta’s have to collect data to check if urgent parts are running like expected, not to check if People like x or y.

I’ll bet this isn’t the full content we’ll see on 8th.

The pass rewards little and often, not excessive play sessions. You can literally finish the battle pass in 2-3 months playing a few hours a week.

They are talking about randomised loot box style rewards. Everything in Halo has a clear way to earn or buy. It’s not random.

Easy one, the level of variety down the line will be insanely high. It will cost a little money in most cases to achieve this, like any F2P game. I already think the Infinite Spartans will look way better than older games. The pallette swaps and similar armour were so plain in most cases.

Live service game, gets updates based on community habits and feedback. This one ain’t rocket science. It’s been a week.

You get free stuff, for free. It’s free. You get a free reward every week. You get free stuff every battle pass. You will get free stuff every event. Just because you want more free stuff doesn’t make this any less true.

Campaign we don’t know what we are getting ye, challenges we get a free item EVERY WEEK, skill rewards in ranked for hitting Onyx (they should do stuff for every skill tier imo), free stuff in events and legacy rewards although they have been very limited. Let’s hope there are more to come.

Not sure why this is even on the list?

1 Like

Don’t forget how they said we’d be able to unlock everything via gameplay and only gameplsy. And that the Fractures event would be 100% free. But used the armor you need to pay for to market the event.

They also used all the information about which armor people liked in the flight to inform which armors to sell to you, and which armors to out at the end of the game pass in order to pressure you to buy challenge swaps/level skips.

And we’re not even in the full release of the game yet.

I love Halo, and I’ve given 343+Microsoft management a lot of time to make better decisions, but at this point, they can all get -Yoink!- Except the rank and file employees forced to implement this system. They have no say and I can’t imagine they’re happy about it either.

1 Like

That’s only one of the three things they stated. It’s NOT random, but they do make people play in a way they hate (challenges, and can’t even choose what to play) and they do weaponize FOMO (weekly unlocks, rotating store, limited time events, and you never know if or when ANY of those things will return)

1. If the leaks are correct, we know what we’re getting from campaign and it’s not much.
  2. Free weekly items are FOMO items, unless we are free to unlock them indefinitely after the week is up.
  3. There are rewards for every rank, you get a rank emblem.
2 Likes

I think 343 was just being sarcastic!! Lmao

When searching (timing is very short) you can go to your fireteam details(press select) and see what map and game type you’re loading in.
You can quit(altf4) out matches in main menu without getting punished. Your spot will be filled with another player without you showing up in the scoreboard.

Hope this helps speeding it up for you

1 Like

I dont know if we played the same game. Elaborate please!

1. Can you elaborate how few hours a week result in 15 gungoose kills, 5 wraith kills, 3 sprees in fiesta, 6 rankeds, 20kills with pulse rifle? Thats just like the half of the missions you are forced to complete…
    Which is not a “healthy manner” neither what we all enjoy" nor a place where we all look forward to spending time. (Even tho I love the core of the game so much, im sure the majority agrees with this)[1]

2. Of course they talk about that. But they also talk about FOMO (Fear of missing out) which is looking at [1] in fact FOMO. Also timed events follow the same scheme and also the store is build on FOMO. Remember “Everyone should enjoy their time in Halo Infinite.”

3. Notice they used “everyone” (includes third world players who can neither afford a used car nor skin bundles for every piece which would funny enough equally priced for them)
    Example: I’ve spend 120$ in League over the course of 10 years. I bought like 10 skins. I own 91, 29 Chromas, 138 Emotes, all champions, 12 ward skins and 212 icons. You see how spending money is additional here for the general custimazation experience?

This is what we get: h ttps://i.redd.it/es1umajzkyz71.png How is this going to make these players feel included in following statement “We want everyone to build their dream Spartan[…] and give the players options”

1. Exactly, what I say: Feedback. Time will tell.

2. Let me remind you of the following here: “simply playing the game[…]properly rewarded for the time you’re investing into the game”.
    If I’m for example competitive only, by simply playing the game I won’t get anything if the current event is fiesta only and all missions tell me to checkbox all playlists with them.
    Also you said I wont more stuff, which I never did! Ouf
    Campaign is full price too, which is a proud tag for 1/8th of what previous Halos gave you.

3. “tons of customization content”. Have you seen what 60$ investment in Campaign gives you? Its not 1 single Armor piece. Not even a shoulder. Idk what “tons” mean to you but thats “some” at most. Also note “the progress system”

4. “we will go further” is just a technical truth. What was added? Stickers & gloves? Are we talking about stickers & gloves now for that whole point made?
    The kill effect & armor effect wasnt even mentioned, which they should’ve. So if youre being ‘technical’ here, you cant even mention their pre-existing h5 feature to color a weapon, since they listed directly physical armor changes only.

1 Like

h ttps://youtu.be/ARNBtGn70ww?t=286
this guy said it, i think there were the words even somewhere in the video

also there is a dev blog quoting it i just discovered:

While you may experience some bumps and bugs during this beta period, it does mark the official start of Halo Infinite Season 1, with all day-one maps and modes enabled as well as the full Season 1 Battle Pass. This means all the Battle Pass and customization items you earn or purchase during the beta will stay with you after December 8th.

ttps://www.halowaypoint.com/news/welcome-to-the-halo-infinite-mp-beta

Thanks for putting this together. Gives me flashbacks of how Bungie used to always break their promises too.