DELETE

DELETE

Christ. Kill me now.

Lag =/= The game
Lag = Your poor internet connection.

Put it like this. You buy a slice of nice bread (halo 4) with the intention of turning it into toast. So you go and buy a toaster. However, the toaster you bought is a crisp packet. And you have no toast. According to you, it is the fault of the bread that a crisp packet does not produce toast.

I’m quite hungry now actually…

> Christ. Kill me now.
>
> Lag =/= The game
> Lag = Your poor internet connection.
>
> Put it like this. You buy a slice of nice bread (halo 4) with the intention of turning it into toast. So you go and buy a toaster. However, the toaster you bought is a crisp packet. And you have no toast. According to you, it is the fault of the bread that a crisp packet does not produce toast.
>
>
>
> I’m quite hungry now actually…

Their system selects the host. Bad host can = lag. The netcode in this game is meh. My 10ms ping (to local servers) and 70 up and 10 down still lags like crazy.

DELETE

I’m sorry, but did you not look at the toast analogy? 343i shouldn’t have to make some kind of public statement apologising for not having a good online experience for those with a poor internet connection.

You are the equivilant of a person who takes a throat sweet to alleviate a sore throat and then sues the company producing them because the sweets didn’t cure your sore throat.

DELETE

> I’m sorry, but did you not look at the toast analogy? 343i shouldn’t have to make some kind of public statement apologising for not having a good online experience for those with a poor internet connection.
>
> You are the equivilant of a person who takes a throat sweet to alleviate a sore throat and then sues the company producing them because the sweets didn’t cure your sore throat.

Apparently you missed the part where having a good connection does not mean you won’t experience a ton of lag in Halo 4. My connection doesn’t select the host or match me with people close to where I am to reduce ping times.

DELETE

People need to quit saying " It’s your Internet connection!!" It’s not. It’s only Halo 4 that lags like this. Not even Blops2 lags like this. I keep a pretty good eye on my connection and I can tell you even when playing with players that are less than 50 miles apart it lags.

> People need to quit saying " It’s your Internet connection!!" It’s not. It’s only Halo 4 that lags like this. Not even Blops2 lags like this. I keep a pretty good eye on my connection and I can tell you even when playing with players that are less than 50 miles apart it lags.

There is a lot more people playing black ops 2 which means there are a greater selection of good hosts to choose from. The lower the population, the small pool of good hosts to choose from.

Hopefully this will be fixed with dedicated servers on the Xbox one.

So the online numbers going up mean 343i is going the wrong way?

Also, I play almost daily, have a 12gps or whatever it’s called internet connection, and rarely lag (maybe 1 in 10 or 15 matches).

I wonder if this game matches players based on quality of connection. I’ve rarely had issues since day 1, no matter where the host lives, most of the time the connection is decent and stable. However, the moment I party up with certain friends (who live near me), I start getting the most peculiar games with lag all over the place.

Well, I haven’t had issues with Halo 4, and nor have any of my friends.

> Lag is annoying and I experience it plenty, but it was really just an add on frustration that accompanied my major frustration which was that certain games that I am having are getting dropped completely from existence.

If you are experience it plenty like you said, what do you think is the problem?
If you think that everything on your end is fine. Go and see from where are your recent players. If they are from same continent or some state close to yours. Connection shoud be fine.

Check your connection with speed test. If you have high (30+) ping with nearest server, problem is at your end.

You can shout down every device that is connected to your internet except one. And then speed test it with it.

Or you can call your ISP and tell them that you have interference on the line.

Or if you are playing with some friends maybe they have bad connection and because of them it is laging

I’ve always been a fan of having the xbox plugged directly into the router instead of wifi, just for peace of mind.