Degenerate community PT. 2

<mark>Do not repost locked content.</mark>

So last night I made a post stating the facts about the degeneration of this community by showing flaws not just both within game but with the social side of this community. Apparently I must has really annoyed someone higher up with the truth and they locked my thread. So to recap:
Just after Halo: Reach’s launch I start to notice a massive change in the community. People are becoming angry with the game, the developers and with each other, so I leave.
Halo 4’s release comes around. I return only just to notice the community is sour with absolute hate. “I hate this” “I hate that” “Bring back bungie” blah blah blah. And once again I leave not even half way through Halo 4’s lifespan.
I go on hiatus for a while playing various other games and switching to PS4 then I hear Halo:TMCC is to be released. I return hoping that the community has removed its bad apples but in short: the community has become even more toxic. Death threats are sent to Frank O’Conner, cries for Microsoft to drop 343 and just kill Halo already occur. People are angry (Most of it for a very good reason). And again I leave to wait for halo 5.
And now Halo 5 is here and the community is a toxic wasteland full of hate. When people ask you for help, the majority of you will say “Git gud scrub”, when people say an opinion you guys shoot it down and you make them feel bad. Halo 5 obviously has it’s faults and 343 notice that, but to the people who make the community degenerate: grow up.
I later edited the post with people asking why am I defending 343 and I said: The biggest peev I have with 343 is their community interaction. It basically doesn’t exist, they’re only listening to the pro gaming scene (Hence why you see guys like pistola on the Sprint giving their feed back)
I believe this part of the post is what really annoyed someone higher up because they knew I was right and don’t want any voice of reason here in a chaotic community.
But what do you guys think and to those who were here last time, what are your thoughts on 343 and their interaction with the community?

The prophet of truth has returned! And actually speaks the truth.

I see a lock/ban coming.

> 2533274816299345;3:
> I see a lock/ban coming.

I might not be American, but I still have my freedom of speech. If 343 ban me or lock this again they’re shooting down valuable opinions of you guys.

Or…or…the games haven’t been as good as they used to be and people are pointing out why. And because people don’t know the difference between dislike and hate, they instantly write it off as toxicness and blatant negativity.

And this has nothing to do with Halo 5 as a whole so inb4lock. Report and move on.

You’ll notice that the Halo Waypoint community is only absolute crap when a game has just released or it is Christmas. Otherwise they are usually nice(r), inactive sure, but not ridiculously… Ridiculous

When the fans hate the game, something is wrong.

> 2533274864459180;4:
> > 2533274816299345;3:
> > I see a lock/ban coming.
>
>
> I might not be American, but I still have my freedom of speech. If 343 ban me or lock this again they’re shooting down valuable opinions of you guys.

Its not the opinion that will get you banned. Its the fact that you brought up a mod’s choice to lock it in a duplicate post. Just let it go. If you dont like the community you can leave. Your opinion isnt going to make other people play nice on the internet.

> 2533274934133921;7:
> When the fans hate the game, something is wrong.

Like they hated every game since CE?

from what i see? no different from every other gaming company…

gaming as a industry has become a den of bile…

far down from the days that used to be…

> 2533274864459180;4:
> > 2533274816299345;3:
>
>
> I might not be American, but I still have my freedom of speech. If 343 ban me or lock this again they’re shooting down valuable opinions of you guys.

Also, you do know it’s the volunteer moderators that run the place right, and they have certain obligations to attend to.

> 2533274816299345;8:
> > 2533274864459180;4:
> > > 2533274816299345;3:
> > > I see a lock/ban coming.
> >
> >
> > I might not be American, but I still have my freedom of speech. If 343 ban me or lock this again they’re shooting down valuable opinions of you guys.
>
>
> Its not the opinion that will get you banned. Its the fact that you brought up a mod’s choice to lock it in a duplicate post. Just let it go. If you dont like the community you can leave. Your opinion isnt going to make other people play nice on the internet.

You mustn’t had been here last night. This is just a brief recap of it. My posts strongly followed leading up to Halo 5 and recapped the first week. A lot of people expressed their concern about the community saying “This is the me generation, if they don’t get what they want they will be angry”

even more so, Companies are so paranoid about anything “bad” on their forums…

it used to be 100% acceptable to go on forums and post topics or reports about cheating etc, but now we have like you find on the Elderscrolls online forum where you cant even talk about the game badly let alone anyone doing any thing bad… the developers wont even talk about any actions they take out of fear of player backlash and often as a result cheaters in that game would go seemingly unpunished for a long time…

i remember this one massive exploit in Mass effect 3… the moment it was made understood on the forums, bioware removed the topics showing how to do the exploit, but Flatout openly stated they would punish those found doing it… and we started getting weekly reports of bannings

they eventually had to remove a simple cosmetic function from something in the game to end it, and they were open about that much even before they implemented it.

these days trying to get a response about quality control from a developer on official forums is like telling a cop you are going to shoot them…

> 2533274856723140;5:
> Or…or…the games haven’t been as good as they used to be and people are pointing out why. And because people don’t know the difference between dislike and hate, they instantly write it off as toxicness and blatant negativity.
>
> And this has nothing to do with Halo 5 as a whole so inb4lock. Report and move on.

I will give you an example of most topics on here:

HALO 5 SUCKS
WE WANT HALO 2!!!
GET RID OF ADS MAPS SUCK

> 2533274953605875;14:
> > 2533274856723140;5:
> > Or…or…the games haven’t been as good as they used to be and people are pointing out why. And because people don’t know the difference between dislike and hate, they instantly write it off as toxicness and blatant negativity.
> >
> > And this has nothing to do with Halo 5 as a whole so inb4lock. Report and move on.
>
>
> I will give you an example of most topics on here:
>
> HALO 5 SUCKS
> WE WANT HALO 2!!!
> GET RID OF ADS MAPS SUCK

I’m sure they mean well. Some people just can’t articulate a point across in a sophisticated way. It doesn’t mean they’re wrong.

> 2533274864459180;4:
> > 2533274816299345;3:
>
>

Freedom of speech doesnt mean anything on a website you still follow the ToS. If you dont you get banned.

Your original thread was locked.

You decided to recreate your locked thread.

Some say that the definition of “insanity” is repeating a specific course of action while expecting a different result.

What you dont understand is that the community has been complaining about Halo from the moment it came out.

FPS online computer gamers called Halo CE noob friendly junk.

Halo CE players called Halo 2 noob friendly junk.

Halo 2 players called Halo 3 noob friendly junk.

And so on and so on. It is the nature of the internet and forums and especially people who got acclimated to the previous iteration of a game genera.

Filter it out and enjoy the game.

I think that some people here expect 343 to turn time back to 2004-2007 when Halo 2 & 3 were paving the way for online console gaming, but they’re angry at 343 because Halo 5 isn’t a cut and paste of either of those games and they bash them even though these games can be played at any time on the MCC.

> 2533274934133921;7:
> When the fans hate the game, something is wrong.

You can’t please every one.