Defiant Map Pack!

Hey there Waypoint Forums, it’s been a while!

Just woke up this wonderful Valentines Day morning to see that there’s a Trailer for the new Halo: Reach Map Pack! Now, I don’t know about you guys, but personally, I’m pretty excited.

Only a month away, and we’ll have shiny new maps to play on!

Unearthed - I’m so happy we get a new Firefight map!

Condemned - The look of this map reminds me of Orbital from Halo 3.

Highlands - I’m getting all sorts of Halo: CE vibes from this map. Seeing bs angel get gunned down was pretty sweet too.

So forum! What do you guys think of the new maps so far?

> Unearthed - I’m so happy we get a new Firefight map!
>
> Condemned - The look of this map reminds me of Orbital from Halo 3.
>
> Highlands - I’m getting all sorts of Halo: CE vibes from this map. Seeing bs angel get gunned down was pretty sweet too.
>
>
>
> So forum! What do you guys think of the new maps so far?

I also REALLY liked that there is a new firefight map. I will be very curious to see how Unearthed plays. It looks HUGE. I see where the drop ships come in but I’m very curious about vehicles being put into play by the Covenant. I tend to think this would be a great Rockets or Sniper map. The spread (of where reinforcements come in) is very large. By that I mean, there is a great deal of distance from one side of the map to the other…Target Locator would be great…but the sheer amount of space leaves it vulnerable if you get someone with the Traget Locator who misses one of the opportunities.

Condemned looks awesome. The amount of weapons, hiding places and obstacles is really awesome. I didn’t get to explore it 100% but I could see where someone could get a perfection on this pretty darn easy. The only draw back to it though is that the close-quarters leave you vulnerable with the Rocklet Launcher and grenades.

I have not realy focussed on Highlands.

I love the way “unearthed” is looking. I think it will be the first FF map that I will like in Reach.

It feels very ODST-like to me (which is a great thing in my eyes). There seems to be a good amount of positions available to defend, which should make the map more dynamic. Not like Reach’s current maps where you are held up in one spot, and hardly ever leave it in the higher difficulties.

I loved orbital ever since I first played on it, though it was frustrating to play on at higher level swat. (45-50) So I think I will like condemned as well. I like the way they integrated low-gravity inside the map as well. Not like zealot’s horrible use with only two ways in.

Highlands looks great. I love the atmosphere of the whole map. In fact I am liking it for all the maps thus far. Game-play looks pretty cool, and I like mid-sized maps. At least… I think it’s a mid-size map.

When will it be realeased saying March 2011 isnt very helpful.

> When will it be realeased saying March 2011 isnt very helpful.

but next month is GOOD

Yea probably Near my B-day the 31st :smiley:

> Yea probably Near my B-day the 31st :smiley:

I’m hoping a bit sooner…

Decided to check Bungie.net for this week’s Challenge, and I noticed there was a new Update.

It’s got quite a bit of interesting information, but this section stood out to me:

“The Defiant Map Pack will be available this March on Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft points, and will include all new Achievements worth a total of 150 Gamerscore.”

Same $10 price tag, and new Achievements? Yes please!

> > Yea probably Near my B-day the 31st :smiley:
>
> I’m hoping a bit sooner…

Oh it is 177 days after Reach came out is the 10th.

> > > Yea probably Near my B-day the 31st :smiley:
> >
> > I’m hoping a bit sooner…
>
> Oh it is 177 days after Reach came out is the 10th.
>
> Cookie you know this is Lord Spartan GH right?

Yeah, I know. I could tell by your user-name.

Also I didn’t know that fact. Interesting.

And to the OP, I think they base the price on how many maps in a pack.

Three = 800

Five = 1200

I would assume Four = 1000 as it’s in between and makes the most logical sense.

Though I am still hoping for a halo map-pack that introduces five maps for 1200 ms points.

As five maps for 1200 (15 dollars) is a better deal than three maps for 800 (10 dollars).

I know for a fact that the map pack after the next WILL have a new forge world.

Noble Map Pack = Herioc

Tempest = Foundry

A map that was quite made already but for forging

Defiant Map Pack = Legendary

No forge map

Next Map Pack = Mythic Map pack

? = Sandbox which is a new forge map.

> I know for a fact that the map pack after the next WILL have a new forge world.
>
> Noble Map Pack = Herioc
>
> Tempest = Foundry
>
> A map that was quite made already but for forging
>
> Defiant Map Pack = Legendary
>
> No forge map
>
> Next Map Pack = Mythic Map pack
>
> ? = Sandbox which is a new forge map.

Should be. Following that formula, I hope we get at least one free bonus-map as well. Small things like that are great fan-service.

But, yeah. A new forge-map would be appreciated, and hopefully it doesn’t take forever for the third map-pack to come out like it did for Halo 3.

Id say…June 10th…13th somwhere around there thats 277 days…

Is anyone else upset that Unearthed seems to have a Rocket Hog? I find that thing to be useless on Beach Head. I hope there will be an option of using the standard Warthog.

The noble map pack was great, but this map pack is disappointing to me. No new invasion map?

> I know for a fact that the map pack after the next WILL have a new forge world.
>
> Noble Map Pack = Herioc
>
> Tempest = Foundry
>
> A map that was quite made already but for forging
>
> Defiant Map Pack = Legendary
>
> No forge map
>
> Next Map Pack = Mythic Map pack
>
> ? = Sandbox which is a new forge map.

If only life is that easy, then everything would be fine :slight_smile: You can’t really compare the same release window with the contains of the map pack. Otherwise there’re rumours in the web…

Otherwise: I love what I’m seeing. 343i and CA are showing us places that we only knew from the books. (The Spartan Camp, Space Station Gamma). A new Firefight map! A NEW FIREFIGHT MAP! And a big one. That’s going to be a lot of fun. But the firefight area is very smiliar with Bonyard, Spire etc. I hoped to see a new area(like a firefight map based on the Halo-Ring) I want to try out Highland and Condemned first before I judge them.

I loved how they just teased us yesturday. The legends music was awesome and the way the trailer was made was pretty aswesome. Who was the announcer?

+thumbs up for shooting BS angel out of the turret!

> I loved how they just teased us yesturday. The legends music was awesome and the way the trailer was made was pretty aswesome. Who was the announcer?
>
> +thumbs up for shooting BS angel out of the turret!

Why the angel hate? :slight_smile: Glad you enjoyed yesterday’s tease and today’s trailer.

> > I loved how they just teased us yesturday. The legends music was awesome and the way the trailer was made was pretty aswesome. Who was the announcer?
> >
> > +thumbs up for shooting BS angel out of the turret!
>
> Why the angel hate? :slight_smile: Glad you enjoyed yesterday’s tease and today’s trailer.

Not angel hate, angel looove!

When I saw Highlands I pretty much had an Anime moment where my eyes just lighted up XD

Its those cruisers…I just have a liking towards any covenant ship LOL