Defiant Map Pack The Best Maps in Reach?

I have played all the maps in halo reach(including DLC) and a few days ago I downloaded the Defiant map pack and these are some things I like:

1. The colors and Backround. Example on Highlands; the covenant space ship Melting the surface below. Idk about you but i love watching the frigite glass the ground below

2. The sounds. Example on condemned; When you walk around alone on this map you can distinctly here a raging battle between the UNSC and the covenant.

Hope u liked my forum :smiley:

I wish I had it. Sadly it dosnt show up in matchmaking enough to pay 800 MS points for it. :frowning:

> I wish I had it. Sadly it dosnt show up in matchmaking enough to pay 800 MS points for it. :frowning:

This is why they made the ‘Premium’ playlists… Premium Slayer, and Premium battle… They feature only the downloadable maps :slight_smile: well 99% of the time anyway… Every now and then reflection or somethin will come up, but not often.

> > I wish I had it. Sadly it dosnt show up in matchmaking enough to pay 800 MS points for it. :frowning:
>
> This is why they made the ‘Premium’ playlists… Premium Slayer, and Premium battle… They feature only the downloadable maps :slight_smile: well 99% of the time anyway… Every now and then reflection or somethin will come up, but not often.

That is a good point, but then I would have to but the other map pack to, and that 1600 MS points. But I might consider it now.

I have all the maps, mostly just to have a little bit of variety and to support 343. Also when I am in a group I don’t want to be the one without the maps, and thereby affecting what the host can pick.

Just prioritize and look how fast you can save $20 for the MS points.

Gameplay is paramount.

Condemned/Uplink is pretty good, would easily be the best map in Reach if not for the space section. I think that’s more Bungie’s fault though, they probably demanded a low-G area be included somewhere.

Highlands is meh. If the snipers were taken out and the teleporter system was revamped it’d be better.

Unearthed is a good firefight map, but… it’s firefight. It’s pointless. I’d rather space be wasted on FF than new armor though.

Overall it’s a decent map pack.

> Gameplay is paramount.
>
> Condemned/Uplink is pretty good, would easily be the best map in Reach if not for the space section. I think that’s more Bungie’s fault though, they probably demanded a low-G area be included somewhere.
>
> Highlands is meh. If the snipers were taken out and the teleporter system was revamped it’d be better.
>
> Unearthed is a good firefight map, but… it’s firefight. It’s pointless. I’d rather space be wasted on FF than new armor though.
>
> Overall it’s a decent map pack.

Bungie didn’t make the Defiant Maps so it isn’t their “fault” at all. Personally, I like the low-gravity in the generator room. It mixes things up differently.
Highlands reminds me of the best of the BTB maps. Large, power weapons, teleporters, campsites. By far, one of the best BTB maps in recent memory.
Unearthed is THE Firefight map. So reminiscent of Lost Platoon in ODST. Not a successor, but you can tell that the map was influenced by it.

The Defiant pack is better than the Noble maps, even though I really like the Noble maps. They feel more like “Halo” to me.

> Highlands reminds me of the best of the BTB maps. Large, power weapons, teleporters, campsites. By far, one of the best BTB maps in recent memory.
> Unearthed is THE Firefight map. So reminiscent of Lost Platoon in ODST. Not a successor, but you can tell that the map was influenced by it.
>
> The Defiant pack is better than the Noble maps, even though I really like the Noble maps. They feel more like “Halo” to me.

Agreed on all accounts!

Highlands is just an awesome map, and IMO the best BTB map since Death Island in H:PC. And Unearthed? It’s probably the only FF map in Reach that’s better than any ODST FF map. If you don’t like Unearthed, you ought to have your brain examined!:wink: