Defiant map pack screen lag

ok so has anyone else noticed the HORRENDOUS screen lag on condemned? how can stuff like this go unnoticed in the testing stage? Do they not have a frame rate counter up while testing? I’m sorry 343, but why release a product make us pay for it if its faulty?

I haven’t noticed any at all.

It sounds like you’re possibly having issues not related to the new maps. If that continues, I’d recommend contacting your ISP provider as it may be connection-based.

Are you possibly adding a bunch of Forge objects in one area? I haven’t had the chance to try this myself but I haven’t noticed any screen lag

> It sounds like you’re possibly having issues not related to the new maps. If that continues, I’d recommend contacting your ISP provider as it may be connection-based.

No he’s not. Try double scoping down the middle from Sniper to Sniper, horrendous screen lag. It’s on almost every map in the game. Worse on others like Tempest and Condemned.

Blame Bungie.

> > It sounds like you’re possibly having issues not related to the new maps. If that continues, I’d recommend contacting your ISP provider as it may be connection-based.
>
> No he’s not. Try double scoping down the middle from Sniper to Sniper, horrendous screen lag. It’s on almost every map in the game. Worse on others like Tempest and Condemned.
>
> Blame Bungie.

I don’t have it.

nope, not my connection. when you scope across the middle room with the lift its terrible screen lag. I’m not the only one experiencing it. :confused: bummer that no company can make a decent game anymore.

I know what your talking about. I have had it happen to me before. Unfortunately, I think it is part of the engine and not part of the map itself. :frowning:

> nope, not my connection. when you scope across the middle room with the lift its terrible screen lag. I’m not the only one experiencing it. :confused: bummer that no company can make a decent game anymore.

I am not having it.

@GreenAlloy

Are you checking this in Forge or actually in a 6v6 game of the new playlist? I know for a fact all my friends get it, and they play on different TVs (HD & SD), different Xbox models, and some have it installed, some don’t, but everyone gets it in MM. Its the exact same as looking from one Sniper to another on Asylum. I get it badly on Tempest too. Mainly with Sniping, but sometimes with other weapons also.

If the rumours are true, and 343 are going to remake CE with the Reach engine, some major tweaks will be needed.

> @GreenAlloy
>
> Are you checking this in Forge or actually in a 6v6 game of the new playlist? I know for a fact all my friends get it, and they play on different TVs (HD & SD), different Xbox models, and some have it installed, some don’t, but everyone gets it in MM. Its the exact same as looking from one Sniper to another on Asylum. I get it badly on Tempest too. Mainly with Sniping, but sometimes with other weapons also.
>
> If the rumours are true, and 343 are going to remake CE with the Reach engine, some major tweaks will be needed.

this guy knows his stuff.

> @GreenAlloy
>
> Are you checking this in Forge or actually in a 6v6 game of the new playlist? I know for a fact all my friends get it, and they play on different TVs (HD & SD), different Xbox models, and some have it installed, some don’t, but everyone gets it in MM. Its the exact same as looking from one Sniper to another on Asylum. I get it badly on Tempest too. Mainly with Sniping, but sometimes with other weapons also.
>
> If the rumours are true, and 343 are going to remake CE with the Reach engine, some major tweaks will be needed.

I dont get bad screen lag in any of the maps you just posted. Wonder what it can be.

> @GreenAlloy
>
>

Yes, I’ve played it plenty in MM and I have tested it. I actually don’t have it, and neither does anyone I have asked.

The only explanation is you don’t have the mental capacity to realise this is actually happening, that or you think the awful screen lag is normal.

No idea why you continue to defend this, probably because angel posted in the thread and you wouldn’t dare to even slightly criticize the game.

Everyone I know is aware of it and experiences it every game.

*This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or personally attack other members. You can view the guidelines you agreed to at registration here:

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/announcements/f/6/t/1423.aspx

> The only explanation is you don’t have the mental capacity to realise this is actually happening, that or you think the awful screen lag is normal.
>
> No idea why you continue to defend this, probably because angel posted in the thread and you wouldn’t dare to even slightly criticize the game.
>
> Everyone I know is aware of it and experiences it every game.

Since you are so pushy about this, I went to test this again a few hours ago, and I still do not have it. No need to offend me, I am just providing feedback.

No offense intended, but it just seems inexplicable that you don’t notice these things. Take one look at the map feedback threads on B.net and you will see everyone complain about screen lag on a variety of maps.

Its not a huge framerate drop, but it is more than noticeable.

> No offense intended, but it just seems inexplicable that you don’t notice these things. Take one look at the map feedback threads on B.net and you will see everyone complain about screen lag on a variety of maps.
>
> Its not a huge framerate drop, but it is more than noticeable.

It’s not his fault you have a bad connection, none of the people i have played with have noticed it, and neither have i.

Lol, it has absolutely nothing to do with connnection. Besides, what do you know about my connection anyway? And EVEN if I did have a poor connection it wouldn’t be my fault, it would be my ISP.

Your opinons are now invalid to me.

I take it you didn’t look at the map feedback threads then, in which everyone is complaining about the lag, which can’t be fixed either AFAIK.

> Lol, it has absolutely nothing to do with connnection. Besides, what do you know about my connection anyway? And EVEN if I did have a poor connection it wouldn’t be my fault, it would be my ISP.
>
> Your opinons are now invalid to me.
>
> I take it you didn’t look at the map feedback threads then, in which everyone is complaining about the lag, which can’t be fixed either AFAIK.

Well yesterday it seemed all the matchmaking servers were alittle glitchy. It could be thats the reason for the delay. I really dont use the sniper rifle so i havent noticed it.

> > Lol, it has absolutely nothing to do with connnection. Besides, what do you know about my connection anyway? And EVEN if I did have a poor connection it wouldn’t be my fault, it would be my ISP.
> >
> > Your opinons are now invalid to me.
> >
> > I take it you didn’t look at the map feedback threads then, in which everyone is complaining about the lag, which can’t be fixed either AFAIK.
>
> Well yesterday it seemed all the matchmaking servers were alittle glitchy. It could be thats the reason for the delay. I really dont use the sniper rifle so i havent noticed it.

Reach servers is always glitchy