Defiant Map Pack is not working properly.

Ok so on Friday I got a code for the Defiant Map Pack and I downloaded it on my brother’s xbox (with my profile) and it was working just fine. Then a couple days later I head back to my house and recover my Gamertag on my Xbox and also download the DMP onto my own xbox. When I got onto Halo: Reach the DMP maps were not in my local files. I re-downloaded it onto my Xbox a million times and the maps still wouldn’t show up. I also did a license transfer which was a COMPLETE waste because it didn’t fix the problem, also I deleted BOTH the Noble Map Pack and the Defiant Map Pack and re-download the Defiant Map Pack first THEN the Noble Map Pack and the maps showed up. BUT, I can’t play the Noble Map Pack now and I don’t know what is going on. I do not really want to delete both map packs and re-install them. Anyone know what is going on?

I had a glitch like that too. Deleting the Noble Map Pack is how you fix it. Just curious though, do you have the Flaming Helmet?

I’m pretty sure if you downoaded it to your brothers console first it won’t work on your console unless you transfer the license.

i said I TRANSFERED THE LICENSE!!! and it still didn’t work. did you read the whole post?

and no i do not have the flaming helmet.

I had the same problem but all i did was just redownlode the map without deleteing it and it worked fine

It works for me but i have to remove the file for the downloadable content that you get from the legendary or preorders.

Is there someone who can actually say that this is being worked on or is everyone i ask lazy?

FYI … I have asked everyone from bungie to 343 starting from yesterday morning to the time of this post cause i want my damn flame.

> It works for me but i have to remove the file for the downloadable content that you get from the legendary or preorders.
>
>
> Is there someone who can actually say that this is being worked on or is everyone i ask lazy?
>
>
>
> FYI … I have asked everyone from bungie to 343 starting from yesterday morning to the time of this post cause i want my damn flame.

Relayed from VeroHime in a game lobby: Everything should be up and running come Tuesday. If by then things aren’t working correctly, let 343 know. Until then, [pardon our dust].

> > It works for me but i have to remove the file for the downloadable content that you get from the legendary or preorders.
> >
> >
> > Is there someone who can actually say that this is being worked on or is everyone i ask lazy?
> >
> >
> >
> > FYI … I have asked everyone from bungie to 343 starting from yesterday morning to the time of this post cause i want my damn flame.
>
> Relayed from VeroHime in a game lobby: Everything should be up and running come Tuesday. If by then things aren’t working correctly, let 343 know. Until then, [pardon our dust].

Next time i have an issue i will come straight here.

Thank you cause your the first person who actually answered it quickly after the first time.

I spammed twitter and facebook of the waypoint and some of the staff i have been able to find trying to get some info as to what the deal is. Now i have an answer and i its correct.

> > > It works for me but i have to remove the file for the downloadable content that you get from the legendary or preorders.
> > >
> > >
> > > Is there someone who can actually say that this is being worked on or is everyone i ask lazy?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > FYI … I have asked everyone from bungie to 343 starting from yesterday morning to the time of this post cause i want my damn flame.
> >
> > Relayed from VeroHime in a game lobby: Everything should be up and running come Tuesday. If by then things aren’t working correctly, let 343 know. Until then, [pardon our dust].
>
> Next time i have an issue i will come straight here.
>
> Thank you cause your the first person who actually answered it quickly after the first time.
>
>
> I spammed twitter and facebook of the waypoint and some of the staff i have been able to find trying to get some info as to what the deal is. Now i have an answer and i its correct.

Anytime! I’m more than happy to help!