Defiant Map Pack Discussion

I’d like for this to serve as a place for players to share discoveries and strategies on the Defiant Map Pack maps. Anything and everything is fair game.

Highland’s Forge Palette is nothing special, except there are 50 crates! That’s incredible, considering Forge World only has 10. Unearthed is also a really amazing Firefight map. I never liked it in Reach until I played on that map. Already played it more times than I have Waterfront and Glacier. The Target Locator on here actually has 3 rounds instead of 2.

> I’d like for this to serve as a place for players to share discoveries and strategies on the Defiant Map Pack maps. Anything and everything is fair game.
>
> Highland’s Forge Palette is nothing special, except there are 50 crates! That’s incredible, considering Forge World only has 10. Unearthed is also a really amazing Firefight map. I never liked it in Reach until I played on that map. The Target Locator on here actually has 3 rounds instead of 2.

Goat, I already hate you.

Don’t be jealous. I’m going to do all I can to provide intel and videos to tide players over. Working on gameplay of Unearthed right now, but Bungie.net has it censored.

There are palettes on Highlands, and they’re destructible! Infection is back!

> Don’t be jealous. I’m going to do all I can to provide intel and videos to tide players over. Working on gameplay of Unearthed right now, but Bungie.net has it censored.
>
> There are palettes on Highlands, and they’re destructible! Infection is back!

I love you! Also, I may join your party on live.

And I jelly.

Oh great now Goat has it. Man I wish I did.

Wow, I played firefight not too long ago on Unearthed and I didn’t even realise the Target Locater had three shots.

Also, I’d just like to point that (even though everyone knew this already) Highlands is rather, rather large, it takes the full Ghost boost meter to get from one side to the other. It’s a little alarming how close the Rockets and Sniper spawn to each other though at the bases, literally a couple of seconds away from each other.

Hey goat, mind running a classic game on Condemned and rendering it?
:stuck_out_tongue:

> Hey goat, mind running a classic game on Condemned and rendering it?
> :stuck_out_tongue:

I do not have the classic gametype settings, but if I do manage to get a lobby going I’ll definitely get that to you.

The files aren’t showing up on B.net though. They still have it censored. I have a blank canvas of Highlands on my file share but it’s blocked.

> > Hey goat, mind running a classic game on Condemned and rendering it?
> > :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> I do not have the classic gametype settings, but if I do manage to get a lobby going I’ll definitely get that to you.
>
> The files aren’t showing up on B.net though. They still have it censored. I have a blank canvas of Highlands on my file share but it’s blocked.

It’s somewhat annoying that it’s blocked. I wish it was just censored like Campaign files originally were.

Hey can anyone say me why unearthed doesn´t work. Theres coming always an error message “Players failed at loading content.”

> Hey can anyone say me why unearthed doesn´t work. Theres coming always an error message “Players failed at loading content.”

Give it a while, or try it offline. Some people even say deleting the Noble Map Pack will make it work.

I even don´t have the Noble Map pack :smiley:
But thanks for the tips I will try it offline later.

If all else fails, delete the entire Reach Master File and reinstall/dowload the packs. It got me up and running.

I also got it early. Haven’t gotten a chance to play a game one them. Just exploring in forge. Would be nice to get into a game with others that have it. :confused:

Ive messed around on Unearthed and its pretty fun. Its nice to get have a firefight map where you can actually drive around like Lost Platoon.

> I also got it early. Haven’t gotten a chance to play a game one them. Just exploring in forge. Would be nice to get into a game with others that have it. :confused:
>
> Ive messed around on Unearthed and its pretty fun. Its nice to get have a firefight map where you can actually drive around like Lost Platoon.

Of course you did.

OT: I’m either going to rent Homefront on Tuesday or pick up this. I’ll probably just end up getting this, but I would like to give Homefront a go. Highlands seems like it might be really great.

Heres my thoughts on the maps so far.

Highlands: Huge map. Perfect weapon placement on both sides. Many routes to take so this will give snipers some fits. Background images are a sight to behold. Hearing the Covey ships glass the planet while fighting gives it a real battlefield feel.

Condemed: A large map for 4v4 slayer matches. Power weapons are kinda hidden so exploring the map before playing would be a good idea. Its an ideal map for CQC. Sword and shotgun will be key for winning. Low grav area is an instant death zone lol. Which ever team can get the rocket launcher will see a quick swing of kills in their favor given the tight halls. Looking out the control room window shows the space battle and is worth taking a sec to see the wonderful work done on it.

Unearthed: Biggest firefight map on Reach by far. Possibly bigger then Lost Platoon on ODST. Played this map with Strife and we had a blast. Many places that you can go into that you wouldnt think you could. Using the rocket hog with less then 4 ppl will basically get you killed very quickly. Dropships spread the troops out dont use the target locator on it like you would do on other firefight maps. Give it a few seconds and the Covey troops then to group up to attack then you can TL them for the big kill. Map looks wonderful and future DLC firefight maps should follow its example.

> > I also got it early. Haven’t gotten a chance to play a game one them. Just exploring in forge. Would be nice to get into a game with others that have it. :confused:
> >
> > Ive messed around on Unearthed and its pretty fun. Its nice to get have a firefight map where you can actually drive around like Lost Platoon.
>
> Of course you did.

U mad bro? :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I want to play on Unearthed.

> > > I also got it early. Haven’t gotten a chance to play a game one them. Just exploring in forge. Would be nice to get into a game with others that have it. :confused:
> > >
> > > Ive messed around on Unearthed and its pretty fun. Its nice to get have a firefight map where you can actually drive around like Lost Platoon.
> >
> > Of course you did.
>
> U mad bro? :stuck_out_tongue:

U no life bro? =P