DEFENSE OF LINE ARE IMPOSSIBLE IN LEGENDARY!!!!!!

I don’t know what 343 are thinking with this horrible mision!!! the mision defense of line (i don’t know if that is the name of the mision in english) in this mision we have to protect a forerunner canon during 30 MINUTES. I play this mission in legendary and i can’t pass!!! im playing this mission during 5 WEEKS and is so difficult!!!
please 343 do the mission more easier PLEASE!!!

I was finding this mission quite difficult on legendary too until I realised there are 3 OTHER mini-bases to build around the map. Have you found these? After building some extra supply pads from these it became a lot easier to build, upgrade and maintain the defense turrets around the map, they’ll help a lot.

• Also, keep putting down lotus mines from your leader power, especially in the two choke points nearing the ion canon.

• place tanks around the cliffs near your base watching over these choke points as well. Remember, elevation is your friend.

• upgrade the defense turrets at the top left next to your main base to anti-air before they attack you with banshees, they always come from the same direction.

• i also always had about 4-6 hornets with at least 3 nightingales as one group to quickly deal with enemies and heal your units around the map.

• and finally timing your archer missiles well is imperative.

hope this helps!

> 2535431815080358;2:
> I was finding this mission quite difficult on legendary too until I realised there are 3 OTHER mini-bases to build around the map. Have you found these? After building some extra supply pads from these it became a lot easier to build, upgrade and maintain the defense turrets around the map, they’ll help a lot.
>
> - Also, keep putting down lotus mines from your leader power, especially in the two choke points nearing the ion canon.
>
> - place tanks around the cliffs near your base watching over these choke points as well. Remember, elevation is your friend.
>
> - upgrade the defense turrets at the top left next to your main base to anti-air before they attack you with banshees, they always come from the same direction.
>
> - i also always had about 4-6 hornets with at least 3 nightingales as one group to quickly deal with enemies and heal your units around the map.
>
> - and finally timing your archer missiles well is imperative.
>
> hope this helps!

I do all of this the problem is the beam he destroy all my army!!! (and thanks)

> 2535407463625298;3:
> > 2535431815080358;2:
> > I was finding this mission quite difficult on legendary too until I realised there are 3 OTHER mini-bases to build around the map. Have you found these? After building some extra supply pads from these it became a lot easier to build, upgrade and maintain the defense turrets around the map, they’ll help a lot.
> >
> > - Also, keep putting down lotus mines from your leader power, especially in the two choke points nearing the ion canon.
> >
> > - place tanks around the cliffs near your base watching over these choke points as well. Remember, elevation is your friend.
> >
> > - upgrade the defense turrets at the top left next to your main base to anti-air before they attack you with banshees, they always come from the same direction.
> >
> > - i also always had about 4-6 hornets with at least 3 nightingales as one group to quickly deal with enemies and heal your units around the map.
> >
> > - and finally timing your archer missiles well is imperative.
> >
> > hope this helps!
>
> I do all of this the problem is the beam he destroy all my army!!! (and thanks)

I just mass spammed air units (hornets) to win this mission. They destroyed my barricade but I was able to defend the main core by focusing my leader upgrades on restoration drone and archer missile upgrades The AI doesn’t really spam air units in mass amounts, and by the time that the enemies might start to become a problem, chances are you have Air upgrade 3, turrets, (anti-vehicle) and a decent chunk of land mines placed down to stop the enemy in their tracks (assuming you use the mines whenever you are given the chance to)

Also, Use those ODST drops. They can really make the difference between losing or winning on this mission. Same with the deployable turret.

> 2535407463625298;3:
> > 2535431815080358;2:
> > I was finding this mission quite difficult on legendary too until I realised there are 3 OTHER mini-bases to build around the map. Have you found these? After building some extra supply pads from these it became a lot easier to build, upgrade and maintain the defense turrets around the map, they’ll help a lot.
> >
> > - Also, keep putting down lotus mines from your leader power, especially in the two choke points nearing the ion canon.
> >
> > - place tanks around the cliffs near your base watching over these choke points as well. Remember, elevation is your friend.
> >
> > - upgrade the defense turrets at the top left next to your main base to anti-air before they attack you with banshees, they always come from the same direction.
> >
> > - i also always had about 4-6 hornets with at least 3 nightingales as one group to quickly deal with enemies and heal your units around the map.
> >
> > - and finally timing your archer missiles well is imperative.
> >
> > hope this helps!
>
> I do all of this the problem is the beam he destroy all my army!!! (and thanks)

Capture all the mini-bases and all three bonus reactors. These will help immensely. You need to get the bonus reactors right off the bat with Douglas and two marine units.

Focus on building turrets and hornets initially, then slowly start upgrading everything. The turrets in the middle choke points should be anti-vehicle, the ones on the north edge should be anti-infantry, and the ones to the southeast should be anti-vehicle. You will need wolverines toward the later half of the mission to combat the banshees.

Honestly, screw all other upgrades. You need supply pads, reactors, an air pad and the upgrade building (I forget what it’s called). Base defense upgrade is invaluable, because it also boosts the power of your turrets as well as making buildings stronger. Don’t worry about playing around with a garage or barracks.

I beat it on Legendary without losing any of the barricades just by managing everything in the right way.

I read a suggestion of using the Pestilence Skull. The enemies will be weak by the time they reach the turrets, so many of them get chewed up. Using Nightingales to keep your own guys healthy was also suggested. I haven’t tried this yet myself; just relaying someone else’s technique.