Defense and overall strategy is useless

I loving halo 5 but the distance limitations on the radar forces players to play more aggressively. It’s almost impossible to play defensively. I was in a 3v 4 situation, normally I’ll play defense but I couldn’t because the team flanked us so much. It happened alot. Especially in a strongholds match or ctf

it’s just map knowledge, there really aren’t any choke points on the map, so you have to be open to attack from anywhere.
Believe it or not, i 've found the best place to defend is on the bottom level of the armories - most people use the mobility holes and sneaky ways in

what?

Do you realize that competitive gametypes prior to H5 famously had no radar whatsoever?

Gotta learn to use your eyes and communication bro. There’s a reason that parties of 4 matchmaking together and voice chatting together do way better than solo rollers like myself. Listen to the spartan chatter for callouts. Though, that said, I think the ability to ping an enemy location (similar to campaign, but the marker stays stationary) would be a nice alternative to requiring a mic.

Yeah, but isn’t it a good compromise of no radar style such as MLG or slayer pro?

> 2533274823265900;3:
> …what?
>
> Do you realize that competitive gametypes prior to H5 famously had no radar whatsoever?
>
> Gotta learn to use your eyes and communication bro. There’s a reason that parties of 4 matchmaking together and voice chatting together do way better than solo rollers like myself. Listen to the spartan chatter for callouts. Though, that said, I think the ability to ping an enemy location (similar to campaign, but the marker stays stationary) would be a nice alternative to requiring a mic.

Agreed, I’ve played so much bf and gears that the lack of a spotting system seems weird

Strategy is far from useless; there’s just a new way to play. Time to kill is shorter, mobility is higher and maps are built differently. Defensive play is no longer about locking down a building or specific point; it’s about patrolling a region and working with team mates. Personally, I love it.