Default loadouts.

The loadouts in reach were crap. Same weapons just different armor abilities. I say have the default loadout be specified with a certain mechanic. If you have smaller guns you move faster. Making a scout class.

Much like tf2 except there would be no op weapons. The stealth class would consist of a smaller weapon that did low damage and fired semi auto. There would be a defender class. He has the shield armor ability. Make it more worthwhile to be a certain class.

In reach it was just. “Hey pick a class and do the same but this time don’t do that blah blah blah…” Make the classes more fit for a certain offense or defense. Make a class made for a all out assault, and one to use when it gets beaten to death by the enemy defensive lines. Have a support class meant to do all just help out all who need support to win a battle. I have the LE of Halo 4, if this idea got implemented or already did (not learning anything for game so as not to spoil it) please respond with what you think of this.

You make your own class in Halo 4…

> You make your own class in Halo 4…

They actually do have default loadouts for those who haven’t unlocked anything yet, and just started. They vary by map and gametype they said, but there are still defaults, that if you start to unlock things, you can replace them with you custom loadouts.

In Halo 4, you can create a loadout. You pick from a select list of weapons, split between Primary and Secondary weapons(No rockets, snipers or power weapons unless you are in a gametype that allows that). You also get to pick your AA, and your grenades(Frag, Plasma and Pulse).

You also get to select Tactical Packages and Support Packages. These have a small influence on your character’s stuff, such as Shorter AA cooldowns, a 15% increase in shield recharging, being able to start with 2 primaries, etc. A full list can be found on youtube on IGN’s account.

As you rank up in the progression system by playing MM, and Spartan Ops, you can unlock more stuff to use. However, 343 will have default loadouts, specific to the map and gametype, to help keep players from getting owned by those who played for a while. You won’t ever need to worry about going into a BTB map with only an Assault Rifle and a Magnum, unless you actually chose to do so.

That’s basically the short version.

> In Halo 4, you can create a loadout. You pick from a select list of weapons, split between Primary and Secondary weapons(No rockets, snipers or power weapons unless you are in a gametype that allows that). You also get to pick your AA, and your grenades(Frag, Plasma and Pulse).
>
> You also get to select Tactical Packages and Support Packages. These have a small influence on your character’s stuff, such as Shorter AA cooldowns, a 15% increase in shield recharging, being able to start with 2 primaries, etc. A full list can be found on youtube on IGN’s account.
>
> As you rank up in the progression system by playing MM, and Spartan Ops, you can unlock more stuff to use. However, 343 will have default loadouts, specific to the map and gametype, to help keep players from getting owned by those who played for a while. You won’t ever need to worry about going into a BTB map with only an Assault Rifle and a Magnum, unless you actually chose to do so.

That was very helpful. Thanks for the info, good to have some news that isn’t game altering in my mind.

> > In Halo 4, you can create a loadout. You pick from a select list of weapons, split between Primary and Secondary weapons(No rockets, snipers or power weapons unless you are in a gametype that allows that). You also get to pick your AA, and your grenades(Frag, Plasma and Pulse).
> >
> > You also get to select Tactical Packages and Support Packages. These have a small influence on your character’s stuff, such as Shorter AA cooldowns, a 15% increase in shield recharging, being able to start with 2 primaries, etc. A full list can be found on youtube on IGN’s account.
> >
> > As you rank up in the progression system by playing MM, and Spartan Ops, you can unlock more stuff to use. However, 343 will have default loadouts, specific to the map and gametype, to help keep players from getting owned by those who played for a while. You won’t ever need to worry about going into a BTB map with only an Assault Rifle and a Magnum, unless you actually chose to do so.
>
> That was very helpful. Thanks for the info, good to have some news that isn’t game altering in my mind.

Last thing I want to add:

When wielding a secondary weapon, the animations for throwing a grenade, meleeing, and reloading are faster than a primary weapon. Kinda gives them a little incentive to use them.

And with that, that’s the general idea of the loadout system. :slight_smile:

> Last thing I want to add:
>
> When wielding a secondary weapon, the animations for throwing a grenade, meleeing, and reloading are faster than a primary weapon. Kinda gives them a little incentive to use them.
>
> And with that, that’s the general idea of the loadout system. :slight_smile:

Now I know that I will make a scout class with a secondary weapon instead of primary