Default Halo 4 multiplayer "upgrade"

I read in the “Gamepro” article that is linked to in the pinned “Halo 4 news and updates” thread that the “upgrade” (which appearently is something a player can unlock for the multiplayer in Halo 4) that was used as the default upgrade when the reporters of the Gamepro magazine played Halo 4 was “three frag grenades”.

This probably means that the maximum number of grenades per grenade type a player can cary in the multiplayer in Halo 4 by default is two.

It was already my guess when the grenade upgrade (perk COD omgwtf!!!). Thanks for confirming it though.

Did anyone expect anything different?

Great, now noobs can use grenades as a first resort to every enemy they see.

I love getting guys to 1 shot with my DMR, then they just throw a bunch of grenades and I die. NOT

They better at least make grenades powered down in this game!

> Did anyone expect anything different?

I don’t know however, if some or all of the “upgrades” in the multiplayer in Halo 4 have disadvantages. If all or only the “right” upgrades have disadvantages, then the multiplayer in Halo 4 could be balanced. I though don’t know why upgrades could be unlocked at all if no upgrade can make a player “stronger” then another player.

> Great, now noobs can use grenades as a first resort to every enemy they see.
>
> I love getting guys to 1 shot with my DMR, then they just throw a bunch of grenades and I die. NOT
>
> They better at least make grenades powered down in this game!

That’s what I thought too but I actually have another idea to counter it. They(343) keeps talking about how each armor ability has a counterpart to keep a certain AA from being OP. So to counter this “grenadier” ability I think they should implement some sort of ability that makes shields more resistant to grenades. The way I see it AA’s can work as long as each AA has a separate AA to counter eachother.