Dedicated Sprint Thread

Mods, can we PLEASE get a dedicated sprint argument thread? Too many times have other threads discussing soundtrack, graphics, story, ideas, art, and even other mechanics been pushed to the recesses of this forum because of the long lasting, seemingly perpetual sprint argument. It really is all that the H5G forum is now. Just sprint, sprint, sprint, sprint, SPRINT. There honestly is no reason to come back to the H5 forum until E3 because it will be the same place it has been for a long time now. We need to make some room for other people with equally valid ideas and arguments here that don’t want or care to discuss sprint any longer, like myself.

> 2533274933749851;1:
> Mods, can we PLEASE get a dedicated sprint argument thread? Too many times have other threads discussing soundtrack, graphics, story, ideas, art, and even other mechanics been pushed to the recesses of this forum because of the long lasting, seemingly perpetual sprint argument. It really is all that the H5G forum is now. Just sprint, sprint, sprint, sprint, SPRINT. There honestly is no reason to come back to the H5 forum until E3 because it will be the same place it has been for a long time now. We need to make some room for other people with equally valid ideas and arguments here that don’t want or care to discuss sprint any longer, like myself.

100% agreed.

The problem is not that Sprint is being discussed - the problem is that 90% of the new Sprint threads offer nothing new to the discussion.
That goes against the idea of forum threads. You create a thread because you have something to say that you can’t find in other threads (NOT to give your own opinion a more prominent place).

Jesus christ, will it ever end?

> 2533274814635636;3:
> Jesus christ, will it ever end?

I’m trying to bring attention to help minimalize the amount of arguments, not end them all, but you should feel relieved seeing less about it if we get what I’m asking for :slight_smile:

I’d be up for something like that.

Yes please.

Needs to be a thing, like now, please.

halo must evolve or we would still be stuck with the same old stuff

> 2533274978088634;8:
> halo must evolve or we would still be stuck with the same old stuff

Don’t start agruments here, this isn’t the point of this thread. It’s either a yes or no answer unless you voted other. And even then, your explanation should pertain to the topic of the amount of sprint threads there are, not sprint itself. It’s about creating a more encompassing forum, not a game mechanic. So please, stay on topic.

Here is the sprint argument in a nutshell:

One guy says “Sprint is ruining Halo!” OR “Sprint is evolving Halo!” Followed by everyone else saying:

Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh!Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh! Yeah huh! Nuh uh!

In the past, there was a dedicated Custom Games mega-thread regarding Halo 4’s customs. It had a crazy amount of pages (like over 400 I think?). Guess what? It got locked, and customs were never discussed to that extent ever again. Yes, we eventually got Forge Island, but Customs were fixed way too late in the game’s very short life span.

There’s a playable Elites thread that’s still going strong somewhere on here too. But guess what? We’re getting all these new Spartan (key word being “Spartan”) Abilities in H5’s MM. Why would Elites have “Spartan” Abilities? It wouldn’t make sense, which gives people the benefit of the doubt that Elites will be (once again) unplayable in H5’s MM. Tell me I’m wrong, but unless someone can prove that Elites are playable in H5’s MM (and not just customs or one measly gametype), then they’re probably getting shafted. Again.

While having a dedicated Sprint thread would reduce the amount of loose sprint threads on the forums, it won’t do anything useful, and just like they disregarded the other two mega-threads I listed above, 343 is just going to continue doing whatever they want anyways.

Unfortunately the only way I see the sprint arguments reaching 343 at all is if the forums are flooded with them. Not only will 343 not be able to miss them when they come on the forums, but they’re also going to have to address the fact that with all these sprint threads popping up, there is most definitely something wrong with sprint. And they’ll have to do better than “immersion” to justify its existence.

> 2535432359236232;11:
> In the past, there was a dedicated Custom Games mega-thread regarding Halo 4’s customs. It had a crazy amount of pages (like over 400 I think?). Guess what? It got locked, and customs were never discussed to that extent ever again. Yes, we eventually got Forge Island, but Customs were fixed way too late in the game’s very short life span.
>
> There’s a playable Elites thread that’s still going strong somewhere on here too. But guess what? We’re getting all these new Spartan (key word being “Spartan”) Abilities in H5’s MM. Why would Elites have “Spartan” Abilities? It wouldn’t make sense, which gives people the benefit of the doubt that Elites will be (once again) unplayable in H5’s MM. Tell me I’m wrong, but unless someone can prove that Elites are playable in H5’s MM (and not just customs or one measly gametype), then they’re probably getting shafted. Again.
>
> While having a dedicated Sprint thread would reduce the amount of loose sprint threads on the forums, it won’t do anything useful, and just like they disregarded the other two mega-threads I listed above, 343 is just going to continue doing whatever they want anyways.
>
> Unfortunately the only way I see the sprint arguments reaching 343 at all is if the forums are flooded with them. Not only will 343 not be able to miss them when they come on the forums, but they’re also going to have to address the fact that with all these sprint threads popping up, there is most definitely something wrong with sprint. And they’ll have to do better than “immersion” to justify its existence.

They should at least try a Halo build without sprint yes?

> 2533274808578327;12:
> > 2535432359236232;11:
> > In the past, there was a dedicated Custom Games mega-thread regarding Halo 4’s customs. It had a crazy amount of pages (like over 400 I think?). Guess what? It got locked, and customs were never discussed to that extent ever again. Yes, we eventually got Forge Island, but Customs were fixed way too late in the game’s very short life span.
> >
> > There’s a playable Elites thread that’s still going strong somewhere on here too. But guess what? We’re getting all these new Spartan (key word being “Spartan”) Abilities in H5’s MM. Why would Elites have “Spartan” Abilities? It wouldn’t make sense, which gives people the benefit of the doubt that Elites will be (once again) unplayable in H5’s MM. Tell me I’m wrong, but unless someone can prove that Elites are playable in H5’s MM (and not just customs or one measly gametype), then they’re probably getting shafted. Again.
> >
> > While having a dedicated Sprint thread would reduce the amount of loose sprint threads on the forums, it won’t do anything useful, and just like they disregarded the other two mega-threads I listed above, 343 is just going to continue doing whatever they want anyways.
> >
> > Unfortunately the only way I see the sprint arguments reaching 343 at all is if the forums are flooded with them. Not only will 343 not be able to miss them when they come on the forums, but they’re also going to have to address the fact that with all these sprint threads popping up, there is most definitely something wrong with sprint. And they’ll have to do better than “immersion” to justify its existence.
>
>
> They should at least try a Halo build without sprint yes?

Exactly, and one that isn’t broken on launch like MCC was. That would just give people an excuse to say that sprintless Halo is less favorable, when that isn’t necessarily the case.

> 2535432359236232;11:
> In the past, there was a dedicated Custom Games mega-thread regarding Halo 4’s customs. It had a crazy amount of pages (like over 400 I think?). Guess what? It got locked, and customs were never discussed to that extent ever again. Yes, we eventually got Forge Island, but Customs were fixed way too late in the game’s very short life span.
>
> There’s a playable Elites thread that’s still going strong somewhere on here too. But guess what? We’re getting all these new Spartan (key word being “Spartan”) Abilities in H5’s MM. Why would Elites have “Spartan” Abilities? It wouldn’t make sense, which gives people the benefit of the doubt that Elites will be (once again) unplayable in H5’s MM. Tell me I’m wrong, but unless someone can prove that Elites are playable in H5’s MM (and not just customs or one measly gametype), then they’re probably getting shafted. Again.
>
> While having a dedicated Sprint thread would reduce the amount of loose sprint threads on the forums, it won’t do anything useful, and just like they disregarded the other two mega-threads I listed above, 343 is just going to continue doing whatever they want anyways.
>
> Unfortunately the only way I see the sprint arguments reaching 343 at all is if the forums are flooded with them. Not only will 343 not be able to miss them when they come on the forums, but they’re also going to have to address the fact that with all these sprint threads popping up, there is most definitely something wrong with sprint. And they’ll have to do better than “immersion” to justify its existence.

A lot of sprint threads already aren’t doing anything useful, they just go round in circles, and if a dedicated thread won’t do anything useful like you say, it still reduces the amount of threads discussing it greatly allowing room for others to come in and discuss other meaningful aspects of Halo 5. That is a better alternative, no? Whether or not it will be locked is up to the mods and 343 and is not in the control of the community. The point is that discussing sprint is important, but so is discussing other topics, arguably more so. By creating a dedicated thread, the people who want to talk sprint can talk sprint, albeit in a smaller, but more concetrated area of the forum, and those who wish to talk about other things now have the opportunity to do so without having their voice buried under so many others.

> 2533274933749851;14:
> > 2535432359236232;11:
> > In the past, there was a dedicated Custom Games mega-thread regarding Halo 4’s customs. It had a crazy amount of pages (like over 400 I think?). Guess what? It got locked, and customs were never discussed to that extent ever again. Yes, we eventually got Forge Island, but Customs were fixed way too late in the game’s very short life span.
> >
> > There’s a playable Elites thread that’s still going strong somewhere on here too. But guess what? We’re getting all these new Spartan (key word being “Spartan”) Abilities in H5’s MM. Why would Elites have “Spartan” Abilities? It wouldn’t make sense, which gives people the benefit of the doubt that Elites will be (once again) unplayable in H5’s MM. Tell me I’m wrong, but unless someone can prove that Elites are playable in H5’s MM (and not just customs or one measly gametype), then they’re probably getting shafted. Again.
> >
> > While having a dedicated Sprint thread would reduce the amount of loose sprint threads on the forums, it won’t do anything useful, and just like they disregarded the other two mega-threads I listed above, 343 is just going to continue doing whatever they want anyways.
> >
> > Unfortunately the only way I see the sprint arguments reaching 343 at all is if the forums are flooded with them. Not only will 343 not be able to miss them when they come on the forums, but they’re also going to have to address the fact that with all these sprint threads popping up, there is most definitely something wrong with sprint. And they’ll have to do better than “immersion” to justify its existence.
>
>
> A lot of sprint threads already aren’t doing anything useful, they just go round in circles, and if a dedicated thread won’t do anything useful like you say, it still reduces the amount of threads discussing it greatly allowing room for others to come in and discuss other meaningful aspects of Halo 5. That is a better alternative, no? Whether or not it will be locked is up to the mods and 343 and is not in the control of the community. The point is that discussing sprint is important, but so is discussing other topics, arguably more so. By creating a dedicated thread, the people who want to talk sprint can talk sprint, albeit in a more concetrated area of the forum, and those who wish to talk about other things now have the opportunity to do so without having their voice buried under so many others.

On the other hand, many threads about it makes it harder for 343 to ignore, and that’s something we want right?

> 2533274808578327;15:
> > 2533274933749851;14:
> > > 2535432359236232;11:
> > > In the past, there was a dedicated Custom Games mega-thread regarding Halo 4’s customs. It had a crazy amount of pages (like over 400 I think?). Guess what? It got locked, and customs were never discussed to that extent ever again. Yes, we eventually got Forge Island, but Customs were fixed way too late in the game’s very short life span.
> > >
> > > There’s a playable Elites thread that’s still going strong somewhere on here too. But guess what? We’re getting all these new Spartan (key word being “Spartan”) Abilities in H5’s MM. Why would Elites have “Spartan” Abilities? It wouldn’t make sense, which gives people the benefit of the doubt that Elites will be (once again) unplayable in H5’s MM. Tell me I’m wrong, but unless someone can prove that Elites are playable in H5’s MM (and not just customs or one measly gametype), then they’re probably getting shafted. Again.
> > >
> > > While having a dedicated Sprint thread would reduce the amount of loose sprint threads on the forums, it won’t do anything useful, and just like they disregarded the other two mega-threads I listed above, 343 is just going to continue doing whatever they want anyways.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately the only way I see the sprint arguments reaching 343 at all is if the forums are flooded with them. Not only will 343 not be able to miss them when they come on the forums, but they’re also going to have to address the fact that with all these sprint threads popping up, there is most definitely something wrong with sprint. And they’ll have to do better than “immersion” to justify its existence.
> >
> >
> > A lot of sprint threads already aren’t doing anything useful, they just go round in circles, and if a dedicated thread won’t do anything useful like you say, it still reduces the amount of threads discussing it greatly allowing room for others to come in and discuss other meaningful aspects of Halo 5. That is a better alternative, no? Whether or not it will be locked is up to the mods and 343 and is not in the control of the community. The point is that discussing sprint is important, but so is discussing other topics, arguably more so. By creating a dedicated thread, the people who want to talk sprint can talk sprint, albeit in a more concetrated area of the forum, and those who wish to talk about other things now have the opportunity to do so without having their voice buried under so many others.
>
>
> On the other hand, many threads about it makes it harder for 343 to ignore, and that’s something we want right?

343 already IS ignoring it though. After the survey they released showing that only 11% of people who signed up were adverse to sprint, they’ve reached their resolution: sprint is staying in Halo 5. They’ve already compromised by making it togglable in custom games which could possibly be translated into a matchmaking playlist later after release, but H5 is simply too far along in development to remove sprint; they would have to redesign all the maps, not excluding campaign. There is nothing the community can do now BUT discuss sprint. Doing so won’t have any effect on H5, but people still want to discuss it or hope that it will affect future games, so they’ll still have things to say. Having a dedicated thread allows them to scratch that itch and gives the forum a healthy balance between topics being discussed.

> 2533274933749851;16:
> > 2533274808578327;15:
> > > 2533274933749851;14:
> > > > 2535432359236232;11:
> > > > In the past, there was a dedicated Custom Games mega-thread regarding Halo 4’s customs. It had a crazy amount of pages (like over 400 I think?). Guess what? It got locked, and customs were never discussed to that extent ever again. Yes, we eventually got Forge Island, but Customs were fixed way too late in the game’s very short life span.
> > > >
> > > > There’s a playable Elites thread that’s still going strong somewhere on here too. But guess what? We’re getting all these new Spartan (key word being “Spartan”) Abilities in H5’s MM. Why would Elites have “Spartan” Abilities? It wouldn’t make sense, which gives people the benefit of the doubt that Elites will be (once again) unplayable in H5’s MM. Tell me I’m wrong, but unless someone can prove that Elites are playable in H5’s MM (and not just customs or one measly gametype), then they’re probably getting shafted. Again.
> > > >
> > > > While having a dedicated Sprint thread would reduce the amount of loose sprint threads on the forums, it won’t do anything useful, and just like they disregarded the other two mega-threads I listed above, 343 is just going to continue doing whatever they want anyways.
> > > >
> > > > Unfortunately the only way I see the sprint arguments reaching 343 at all is if the forums are flooded with them. Not only will 343 not be able to miss them when they come on the forums, but they’re also going to have to address the fact that with all these sprint threads popping up, there is most definitely something wrong with sprint. And they’ll have to do better than “immersion” to justify its existence.
> > >
> > >
> > > A lot of sprint threads already aren’t doing anything useful, they just go round in circles, and if a dedicated thread won’t do anything useful like you say, it still reduces the amount of threads discussing it greatly allowing room for others to come in and discuss other meaningful aspects of Halo 5. That is a better alternative, no? Whether or not it will be locked is up to the mods and 343 and is not in the control of the community. The point is that discussing sprint is important, but so is discussing other topics, arguably more so. By creating a dedicated thread, the people who want to talk sprint can talk sprint, albeit in a more concetrated area of the forum, and those who wish to talk about other things now have the opportunity to do so without having their voice buried under so many others.
> >
> >
> > On the other hand, many threads about it makes it harder for 343 to ignore, and that’s something we want right?
>
>
> 343 already IS ignoring it though. After the survey they released showing that only 11% of people who signed up were adverse to sprint, they’ve reached their resolution: sprint is staying in Halo 5. They’ve already compromised by making it togglable in custom games which could possibly be translated into a matchmaking playlist later after release, but H5 is simply too far along in development to remove sprint; they would have to redesign all the maps, not excluding campaign. There is nothing the community can do now BUT discuss sprint. Doing so won’t have any effect on H5, but people still want to discuss it or hope that it will affect future games, so they’ll still have things to say. Having a dedicated thread allows them to scratch that itch and gives the forum a healthy balance between topics being discussed.

That survey is a sham and you know it. Inaccurate and misleading considering the circumstances.

Sprint should not be toggled off for customs, it should be toggled on for you people.

I understand their development however I at this point would just want them to acknowledge it.

> 2533274808578327;17:
> > 2533274933749851;16:
> > > 2533274808578327;15:
> > > > 2533274933749851;14:
> > > > > 2535432359236232;11:
> > > > > In the past, there was a dedicated Custom Games mega-thread regarding Halo 4’s customs. It had a crazy amount of pages (like over 400 I think?). Guess what? It got locked, and customs were never discussed to that extent ever again. Yes, we eventually got Forge Island, but Customs were fixed way too late in the game’s very short life span.
> > > > >
> > > > > There’s a playable Elites thread that’s still going strong somewhere on here too. But guess what? We’re getting all these new Spartan (key word being “Spartan”) Abilities in H5’s MM. Why would Elites have “Spartan” Abilities? It wouldn’t make sense, which gives people the benefit of the doubt that Elites will be (once again) unplayable in H5’s MM. Tell me I’m wrong, but unless someone can prove that Elites are playable in H5’s MM (and not just customs or one measly gametype), then they’re probably getting shafted. Again.
> > > > >
> > > > > While having a dedicated Sprint thread would reduce the amount of loose sprint threads on the forums, it won’t do anything useful, and just like they disregarded the other two mega-threads I listed above, 343 is just going to continue doing whatever they want anyways.
> > > > >
> > > > > Unfortunately the only way I see the sprint arguments reaching 343 at all is if the forums are flooded with them. Not only will 343 not be able to miss them when they come on the forums, but they’re also going to have to address the fact that with all these sprint threads popping up, there is most definitely something wrong with sprint. And they’ll have to do better than “immersion” to justify its existence.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > A lot of sprint threads already aren’t doing anything useful, they just go round in circles, and if a dedicated thread won’t do anything useful like you say, it still reduces the amount of threads discussing it greatly allowing room for others to come in and discuss other meaningful aspects of Halo 5. That is a better alternative, no? Whether or not it will be locked is up to the mods and 343 and is not in the control of the community. The point is that discussing sprint is important, but so is discussing other topics, arguably more so. By creating a dedicated thread, the people who want to talk sprint can talk sprint, albeit in a more concetrated area of the forum, and those who wish to talk about other things now have the opportunity to do so without having their voice buried under so many others.
> > >
> > >
> > > On the other hand, many threads about it makes it harder for 343 to ignore, and that’s something we want right?
> >
> >
> > 343 already IS ignoring it though. After the survey they released showing that only 11% of people who signed up were adverse to sprint, they’ve reached their resolution: sprint is staying in Halo 5. They’ve already compromised by making it togglable in custom games which could possibly be translated into a matchmaking playlist later after release, but H5 is simply too far along in development to remove sprint; they would have to redesign all the maps, not excluding campaign. There is nothing the community can do now BUT discuss sprint. Doing so won’t have any effect on H5, but people still want to discuss it or hope that it will affect future games, so they’ll still have things to say. Having a dedicated thread allows them to scratch that itch and gives the forum a healthy balance between topics being discussed.
>
>
> That survey is a sham and you know it. Inaccurate and misleading considering the circumstances.
>
> Sprint should not be toggled off for customs, it should be toggled on for you people.
>
> I understand their development however I at this point would just want them to acknowledge it.

And where is your proof that it’s a sham? I know that I too lack any proof that it is the most credible source, I can make educated estimates: it came from 343 themselves which makes it official, and I know that 343 does not lie. They overestimate certain things but they sure as hell don’t lie. Lying is bad for business and ultimately for Halo. Simply saying the survey is fake or rigged goes into tinfoil hat territory and sounds extremely similar to denial. Provide facts or at the least, educated guesses that it is a sham. And “you people”? That’s disrespectful and borderline xenophobic. Discuss this like adults.

> 2533274933749851;18:
> > 2533274808578327;17:
> > > 2533274933749851;16:
> > > > 2533274808578327;15:
> > > > > 2533274933749851;14:
> > > > > > 2535432359236232;11:
> > > > > > In the past, there was a dedicated Custom Games mega-thread regarding Halo 4’s customs. It had a crazy amount of pages (like over 400 I think?). Guess what? It got locked, and customs were never discussed to that extent ever again. Yes, we eventually got Forge Island, but Customs were fixed way too late in the game’s very short life span.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > There’s a playable Elites thread that’s still going strong somewhere on here too. But guess what? We’re getting all these new Spartan (key word being “Spartan”) Abilities in H5’s MM. Why would Elites have “Spartan” Abilities? It wouldn’t make sense, which gives people the benefit of the doubt that Elites will be (once again) unplayable in H5’s MM. Tell me I’m wrong, but unless someone can prove that Elites are playable in H5’s MM (and not just customs or one measly gametype), then they’re probably getting shafted. Again.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > While having a dedicated Sprint thread would reduce the amount of loose sprint threads on the forums, it won’t do anything useful, and just like they disregarded the other two mega-threads I listed above, 343 is just going to continue doing whatever they want anyways.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Unfortunately the only way I see the sprint arguments reaching 343 at all is if the forums are flooded with them. Not only will 343 not be able to miss them when they come on the forums, but they’re also going to have to address the fact that with all these sprint threads popping up, there is most definitely something wrong with sprint. And they’ll have to do better than “immersion” to justify its existence.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > A lot of sprint threads already aren’t doing anything useful, they just go round in circles, and if a dedicated thread won’t do anything useful like you say, it still reduces the amount of threads discussing it greatly allowing room for others to come in and discuss other meaningful aspects of Halo 5. That is a better alternative, no? Whether or not it will be locked is up to the mods and 343 and is not in the control of the community. The point is that discussing sprint is important, but so is discussing other topics, arguably more so. By creating a dedicated thread, the people who want to talk sprint can talk sprint, albeit in a more concetrated area of the forum, and those who wish to talk about other things now have the opportunity to do so without having their voice buried under so many others.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On the other hand, many threads about it makes it harder for 343 to ignore, and that’s something we want right?
> > >
> > >
> > > 343 already IS ignoring it though. After the survey they released showing that only 11% of people who signed up were adverse to sprint, they’ve reached their resolution: sprint is staying in Halo 5. They’ve already compromised by making it togglable in custom games which could possibly be translated into a matchmaking playlist later after release, but H5 is simply too far along in development to remove sprint; they would have to redesign all the maps, not excluding campaign. There is nothing the community can do now BUT discuss sprint. Doing so won’t have any effect on H5, but people still want to discuss it or hope that it will affect future games, so they’ll still have things to say. Having a dedicated thread allows them to scratch that itch and gives the forum a healthy balance between topics being discussed.
> >
> >
> > That survey is a sham and you know it. Inaccurate and misleading considering the circumstances.
> >
> > Sprint should not be toggled off for customs, it should be toggled on for you people.
> >
> > I understand their development however I at this point would just want them to acknowledge it.
>
>
> And where is your proof that it’s a sham? I know that I too lack any proof that it is the most credible source, I can make educated estimates: it came from 343 themselves which makes it official, and I know that 343 does not lie. They overestimate certain things but they sure as hell don’t lie. Lying is bad for business and ultimately for Halo. Simply saying the survey is fake or rigged goes into tinfoil hat territory and sounds extremely similar to denial. Provide facts or at the least, educated guesses that it is a sham. And “you people”? That’s disrespectful and borderline xenophobic. Discuss this like adults.

Hey when you are thrown out of your home (Halo) by new residents, then offered to join again but under new rules you didn’t originally follow (the changes of Halo) you can’t help but be bitter.

I don’t have physical evidence to present but given the circumstances, that polling of 11% is false since people who would sign up and knew about this program would most likely be people who are already interested in Halo 5. Also consider this forum isn’t the biggest representation of the fanbase.

Also the survey question itself was in favor of sprint from the get go, It needs to be a straight and simple 2 option poll with something as controversial as sprint.

> 2533274808578327;19:
> > 2533274933749851;18:
> > > 2533274808578327;17:
> > > > 2533274933749851;16:
> > > > > 2533274808578327;15:
> > > > > > 2533274933749851;14:
> > > > > > > 2535432359236232;11:
> > > > > > > In the past, there was a dedicated Custom Games mega-thread regarding Halo 4’s customs. It had a crazy amount of pages (like over 400 I think?). Guess what? It got locked, and customs were never discussed to that extent ever again. Yes, we eventually got Forge Island, but Customs were fixed way too late in the game’s very short life span.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > There’s a playable Elites thread that’s still going strong somewhere on here too. But guess what? We’re getting all these new Spartan (key word being “Spartan”) Abilities in H5’s MM. Why would Elites have “Spartan” Abilities? It wouldn’t make sense, which gives people the benefit of the doubt that Elites will be (once again) unplayable in H5’s MM. Tell me I’m wrong, but unless someone can prove that Elites are playable in H5’s MM (and not just customs or one measly gametype), then they’re probably getting shafted. Again.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > While having a dedicated Sprint thread would reduce the amount of loose sprint threads on the forums, it won’t do anything useful, and just like they disregarded the other two mega-threads I listed above, 343 is just going to continue doing whatever they want anyways.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Unfortunately the only way I see the sprint arguments reaching 343 at all is if the forums are flooded with them. Not only will 343 not be able to miss them when they come on the forums, but they’re also going to have to address the fact that with all these sprint threads popping up, there is most definitely something wrong with sprint. And they’ll have to do better than “immersion” to justify its existence.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > A lot of sprint threads already aren’t doing anything useful, they just go round in circles, and if a dedicated thread won’t do anything useful like you say, it still reduces the amount of threads discussing it greatly allowing room for others to come in and discuss other meaningful aspects of Halo 5. That is a better alternative, no? Whether or not it will be locked is up to the mods and 343 and is not in the control of the community. The point is that discussing sprint is important, but so is discussing other topics, arguably more so. By creating a dedicated thread, the people who want to talk sprint can talk sprint, albeit in a more concetrated area of the forum, and those who wish to talk about other things now have the opportunity to do so without having their voice buried under so many others.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > On the other hand, many threads about it makes it harder for 343 to ignore, and that’s something we want right?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > 343 already IS ignoring it though. After the survey they released showing that only 11% of people who signed up were adverse to sprint, they’ve reached their resolution: sprint is staying in Halo 5. They’ve already compromised by making it togglable in custom games which could possibly be translated into a matchmaking playlist later after release, but H5 is simply too far along in development to remove sprint; they would have to redesign all the maps, not excluding campaign. There is nothing the community can do now BUT discuss sprint. Doing so won’t have any effect on H5, but people still want to discuss it or hope that it will affect future games, so they’ll still have things to say. Having a dedicated thread allows them to scratch that itch and gives the forum a healthy balance between topics being discussed.
> > >
> > >
> > > That survey is a sham and you know it. Inaccurate and misleading considering the circumstances.
> > >
> > > Sprint should not be toggled off for customs, it should be toggled on for you people.
> > >
> > > I understand their development however I at this point would just want them to acknowledge it.
> >
> >
> > And where is your proof that it’s a sham? I know that I too lack any proof that it is the most credible source, I can make educated estimates: it came from 343 themselves which makes it official, and I know that 343 does not lie. They overestimate certain things but they sure as hell don’t lie. Lying is bad for business and ultimately for Halo. Simply saying the survey is fake or rigged goes into tinfoil hat territory and sounds extremely similar to denial. Provide facts or at the least, educated guesses that it is a sham. And “you people”? That’s disrespectful and borderline xenophobic. Discuss this like adults.
>
>
> Hey when you are thrown out of your home (Halo) by new residents, then offered to join again but under new rules you didn’t originally follow (the changes of Halo) you can’t help but be bitter.
>
> I don’t have physical evidence to present but given the circumstances that polling of 11% is false since people who would sign up and knew about this program would most likely be people who are already interested in Halo 5. Also consider this forum isn’t the biggest representation of the fanbase.
>
> Also the survey question itself was in favor of sprint from the get go, It needs to be a straight and simple 2 option poll with something as controversial as sprint.

I, too was bitter, as I saw Halo changed in H4, so I can relate with you on that point but I later realized that it’s really a trivial reason to be bitter. So I opened my mind and it has done nothing but help. Perhaps others on this forum should consider it as well. But my point is, there’s really no good reason to be disrespectful to others over a simple video game mechanic. You know what I mean? :slight_smile: Let’s keep it clean and keep discussing. Unlike the sprint argument, I feel this is a subject that can actually lead somewhere insightful.