Dedicated servers only for Matchmaking games?

Will the coop campaign,Forge,Theater,custom games also run on dedicated servers?
It would be a shame if we have to juggel with the old HostLagging in CoopCampaign.

I’ve tried tweeting a few times and I’ve got no response :confused:

We don’t know yet.

You know that is actually a good question. I really hope they use Dedicated servers for everything.

It seems like it depends. I would assume that Custom Games, and Custom Coop of any kind will be Host-based. While Matchmaking Multiplayer, and Coop Playlists would be Dedicated.

> It seems like it depends. I would assume that Custom Games, and Custom Coop of any kind will be Host-based. While Matchmaking Multiplayer, and Coop Playlists would be Dedicated.

If it’s an consolation (no idea if I’m using that word correctly) - Titanfall uses dedicated servers for custom games. Problem is, it requires two players to be in the lobby before the game can be started.

I think they will have them for Campaign online co-op for Halo 2 Anniversary and other Halo’s but I don’t think customs will be getting it. I hope so though.

Campaign better get it. Halo has been nearly unplayable as far as online co-op goes for too many years now. There is always at least one person who is lagging beyond reason. All online Halo games with co-op have this issue except for Halo Wars.

> Campaign better get it. Halo has been nearly unplayable as far as online co-op goes for too many years now. There is always at least one person who is lagging beyond reason. All online Halo games with co-op have this issue except for Halo Wars.

One player lagging on a dedicated server will still cause lag for everyone else in the game. Just because the host is a dedicated machine doesn’t change the fact that it still uses a synchronous network model. All that changes is that everyone lags equally because no player has host.