Dedicated server software for H5 Forge For PC?

Is there any dedicated server software for H5 Forge For PC that you can kick, ban users and have maps in a rotation like you can in most dedicated game server’s?

IE: Halo Combat Evolved, Unreal Tournament Franchise, Battlefield Franchise, and others just to name a few.

Thanks :slight_smile:

What about a mod that allows for custom game match making

> 2533274962122285;2:
> What about a mod that allows for custom game match making

No mod required here, this will be a supported feature on Xbox One and PC when the next content update drops :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;3:
> > 2533274962122285;2:
> > What about a mod that allows for custom game match making
>
>
> No mod required here, this will be a supported feature on Xbox One and PC when the next content update drops :slight_smile:

Are you saying I will have a dedicated server that you can…

  1. Kick and Ban User’s?
  2. Switch Maps on the fly?
  3. We will have a maps list for rotating the maps just like you could in Halo Combat Evolved and other games?
    Just checking :slight_smile:

I don’t know specifics, just that some kind of custom games browser is on the way

IS forge on pc a lot to download? thinking about getting it

> 2533275016663547;6:
> IS forge on pc a lot to download? thinking about getting it

Currently it is 35.7GB… 10GB of that is extra language files that you’ll never use.

> 2535412285268338;4:
> > 2533274813317074;3:
> > > 2533274962122285;2:
> > > What about a mod that allows for custom game match making
> >
> >
> > No mod required here, this will be a supported feature on Xbox One and PC when the next content update drops :slight_smile:
>
>
> Are you saying I will have a dedicated server that you can…
> 1. Kick and Ban User’s?
> 2. Switch Maps on the fly?
> 3. We will have a maps list for rotating the maps just like you could in Halo Combat Evolved and other games?
> Just checking :slight_smile:

It’s just going to be a browser to find and join custom games. Don’t expect it to have dedicated server options like that, not that it wouldn’t be great. I would “hope” that they at least put an option that allows hosts to kick and ban people, but who knows. You definitely won’t have the ability to queue maps for rotation and have them auto load after games are finished. It’s not a dedicated server thing, just a custom games browser. However, if possible I’m sure someone will make small external program that does that… eventually.

> 2533274825364470;8:
> > 2535412285268338;4:
> > > 2533274813317074;3:
> > > > 2533274962122285;2:
> > > > What about a mod that allows for custom game match making
> > >
> > >
> > > No mod required here, this will be a supported feature on Xbox One and PC when the next content update drops :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> > Are you saying I will have a dedicated server that you can…
> > 1. Kick and Ban User’s?
> > 2. Switch Maps on the fly?
> > 3. We will have a maps list for rotating the maps just like you could in Halo Combat Evolved and other games?
> > Just checking :slight_smile:
>
>
> It’s just going to be a browser to find and join custom games. Don’t expect it to have dedicated server options like that, not that it wouldn’t be great. I would “hope” that they at least put an option that allows hosts to kick and ban people, but who knows. You definitely won’t have the ability to queue maps for rotation and have them auto load after games are finished. It’s not a dedicated server thing, just a custom games browser. However, if possible I’m sure someone will make small external program that does that… eventually.
>
> Well bud that sux! I have been running game servers 1998. Tribes 1-3, Unreal Tournament Franchise, Halo Combat Evolved just to name a few. I hope you are wrong. There is no way in hell I would put up a dedicated server that I could not kick or ban a user, or not to be able to rotate my maps like in other game servers. Example: Going way back to Halo Combat Evolved. If there is none of the basic dedicated server options then I see no reason to buy this game in the future. I like Halo 5 Forge for PC alot but I need to be able to host a dedicated server that has at least the basic Admin console commands. I Hope you are wrong :wink:

Just my two cents :slight_smile:

These days, those features you mentioned that you want in your shooters are only put in PC-exclusive games that are developed specifically for PC… everything else is really just console ports with better graphics and performance, and Halo 5: Forge barely even has that. This game won’t have anything that the Xbox One version doesn’t have, other than higher resolutions, an FOV slider, and higher framerates.

Halo 2 was a port and it had a regular dedicated server I now I ran it!

I know that Halo CE and Halo 2 Vista had dedicated server support… that was 10 years ago, not “these days” like I mentioned. The game industry is not the same as it was 10 years ago for PC games. Gears of War 1 came with an Unreal map editor on PC in 2007… The new Windows Store remake and Gears of War 4 do not have any such thing. You will only see bare-bones UWP Windows Store console ports from Microsoft these days, I’m afraid. Not to mention microtransactions in everything and single player modes requiring an online connection just to play. At least we are getting console-exclusive games now, though.

Starship Ghost,

“I know that Halo CE and Halo 2 Vista had dedicated server support… that was 10 years ago, not “these days” like I mentioned. The game industry is not the same as it was 10 years ago for PC games.”


Your wrong Bud! I have run BF2-BF3 with all the dedicated server Admin console commands. I will be hosting Next week the New BF1 Dedicated server with all the bells and whistles. I have ran dedicated servers since 1998 starting with Tribes 1-3. The Unreal Tournament Franchise even the new one of UT Free game, The Orange Box TF2 and alot more. The PC gaming community still have Dedicated servers with all the bells and whistles even today for the PC. So please make sure you know what you are talking about. Even Halo Online has a dedicated server. Just because 343I has a XBOX CONSOLE Mentality does not mean the the rest of the PC gaming world is going to follow suit.

> 2535412285268338;13:
> Starship Ghost,
> “I know that Halo CE and Halo 2 Vista had dedicated server support… that was 10 years ago, not “these days” like I mentioned. The game industry is not the same as it was 10 years ago for PC games.”
> --------------------------------
> Your wrong Bud! I have run BF2-BF3 with all the dedicated server Admin console commands. I will be hosting Next week the New BF1 Dedicated server with all the bells and whistles. I have ran dedicated servers since 1998 starting with Tribes 1-3. The Unreal Tournament Franchise even the new one of UT Free game, The Orange Box TF2 and alot more. The PC gaming community still have Dedicated servers with all the bells and whistles even today for the PC. So please make sure you know what you are talking about. Even Halo Online has a dedicated server. Just because 343I has a XBOX CONSOLE Mentality does not mean the the rest of the PC gaming world is going to follow suit.

Don’t insult me or I won’t answer any more of your stupid questions. You are misunderstanding what I am saying. I did not say there are no games on PC with dedicated server support. The only recent game/series you mentioned that is probably somewhat of a console port that has dedicated server support is Battlefields (originally PC games ported to console back in the day). Use your brain, that’s one game and they are just doing what the series always had on PC. Halo hasn’t had a full game on PC in 10 years and Halo 5: Forge is more of a tool than a full game. You are dreaming if you think 343i is going to put dedicated server support in Halo 5: Forge. The purpose of the game is for Xbox Halo 5 Forgers to have a more efficient means of creating maps for Halo 5 multiplayer. The only reason we are even getting a custom game browser is because Halo 5: Guardians is getting it. You might have a chance for dedicated server support in Halo 3: Anniversary or Halo 6, but not Halo 5: Forge (unless someone makes a mod for it). Halo Online’s dedicated server support is a mod, you know.

> 2533274825364470;14:
> > 2535412285268338;13:
> > Starship Ghost,
> > “I know that Halo CE and Halo 2 Vista had dedicated server support… that was 10 years ago, not “these days” like I mentioned. The game industry is not the same as it was 10 years ago for PC games.”
> > --------------------------------
> > Your wrong Bud! I have run BF2-BF3 with all the dedicated server Admin console commands. I will be hosting Next week the New BF1 Dedicated server with all the bells and whistles. I have ran dedicated servers since 1998 starting with Tribes 1-3. The Unreal Tournament Franchise even the new one of UT Free game, The Orange Box TF2 and alot more. The PC gaming community still have Dedicated servers with all the bells and whistles even today for the PC. So please make sure you know what you are talking about. Even Halo Online has a dedicated server. Just because 343I has a XBOX CONSOLE Mentality does not mean the the rest of the PC gaming world is going to follow suit.
>
>
> Don’t insult me or I won’t answer any more of your stupid questions. You are misunderstanding what I am saying. I did not say there are no games on PC with dedicated server support. The only recent game/series you mentioned that is probably somewhat of a console port that has dedicated server support is Battlefields (originally PC games ported to console back in the day). Use your brain, that’s one game and they are just doing what the series always had on PC. Halo hasn’t had a full game on PC in 10 years and Halo 5: Forge is more of a tool than a full game. You are dreaming if you think 343i is going to put dedicated server support in Halo 5: Forge. The purpose of the game is for Xbox Halo 5 Forgers to have a more efficient means of creating maps for Halo 5 multiplayer. The only reason we are even getting a custom game browser is because Halo 5: Guardians is getting it. You might have a chance for dedicated server support in Halo 3: Anniversary or Halo 6, but not Halo 5: Forge (unless someone makes a mod for it). Halo Online’s dedicated server support is a mod, you know.

If this is true I see no logical reason to buy a game that does not support a full dedicated server with admin options PERIOD! IE: Map Rotation, Kick and Ban users, Welcome screen and Change Maps on the fly and a white list and a auto kick player for being idle ( times set by admin ) and the RCON software. That is what a basic dedicated game server has. I don’t know about you but I refuse to babysit a game server that does NOT have any dedicated server admin options available.
End of discussion.

Start of new discussion.

Battlefield 1 doesn’t have third party dedicated server support. You probably can only rent servers from EA. Better than nothing I suppose.

End of discussion.