Dedicated FFA

I was wondering why Halo 5 doesn’t have a dedicated FFA playlist. Is there one that comes & goes? I’d really like to see a permanent FFA playlist in both Social & Ranked.

It had one, it was one of the least populated list and for now its been temporarily replaced with HaloWC FFA.

The last thing Halo 5 needs is duplicate playlists in social/ranked. If FFA couldn’t sustain a healthy population in ranked, social would barely be better, if at all.

BAH! BAH I SAY! That really sucks… Ive always preferred FFA & theres no way Im the only one out there. In fact, the more I think about that, the more I dont think I believe that.

Sucks your favorite list isn’t popular. The playlist rankings were published in the matchmaking forum by Dr. Menke, you can check out the popularity of playlists there.

FFA needs some objective modes. They should just copy/paste Reach’s FFA and it will be good to go.

I would gladly accept that. Now Id still want just a straight slayer FFA, but oddball, king of The Hill & even Headhunter would be very welcome.

Some headhunter FFA would be great. I’d love to see some OBJ FFA

since I’ve finally got my own Xbox one back AND the older halo games are BC, I’ve been spendin mosta my time back in halo 4, and its GREAT. Still plenty of people in teams, big teams and just enough for rumble pit. Still love regicide!

some permanent playlists (WZA) have a hard enough time staying populated. not sure if another ffa playlist would have an active player basis.

Any tips for ffa ? New to this playlist :+1:

FFA is awesome. This HC stuff sucks. FFA was awesome 2 years ago when it had power weapons. Then they took out the power weapons and it was okay I guess. Then they took out riptide, overgrowth and others. Now I start with a magnum and it has basically no weapons on any maps.

So yeah, I can’t imagine why no one plays FFA anymore.

I practically have stopped playing H5 due to the HWC FFA replacing regular FFA. It was fun at first but has gotten so stale. Only two yoinking maps and it’s just a pistolfest… SMH

> 2533274816788253;12:
> I practically have stopped playing H5 due to the HWC FFA replacing regular FFA. It was fun at first but has gotten so stale. Only two yoinking maps and it’s just a pistolfest… SMH

And don’t get me started on walking not appearing on radar…

> 2533274797668539;3:
> BAH! BAH I SAY! That really sucks… Ive always preferred FFA & theres no way Im the only one out there. In fact, the more I think about that, the more I dont think I believe that.

There were people who liked it…just like with breakout but that was so under populated it wasn’t funny

> 2533274813061580;2:
> It had one, it was one of the least populated list and for now its been temporarily replaced with HaloWC FFA.
>
> The last thing Halo 5 needs is duplicate playlists in social/ranked. If FFA couldn’t sustain a healthy population in ranked, social would barely be better, if at all.

The guy is allowed to post his opinion without somebody shutting him down. That’s not what a community is about. What would be the negative to a playlist that has a lower population of higher skilled players? The current ffa wc playlist has a very high skill gap but it is still fun and finding a game is no problem. If you don’t want to play it then don’t.

> 2533274827703096;15:
> > 2533274813061580;2:
> > It had one, it was one of the least populated list and for now its been temporarily replaced with HaloWC FFA.
> >
> > The last thing Halo 5 needs is duplicate playlists in social/ranked. If FFA couldn’t sustain a healthy population in ranked, social would barely be better, if at all.
>
> The guy is allowed to post his opinion without somebody shutting him down. That’s not what a community is about. What would be the negative to a playlist that has a lower population of higher skilled players? The current ffa wc playlist has a very high skill gap but it is still fun and finding a game is no problem. If you don’t want to play it then don’t.

Slow matchmaking times, unfair matches, etc. You know, what we get in every other playlist with low population.

Halo 5 needs a playlist trimming soon. The population isn’t in a position to support so many playlists.

> 2533274813061580;16:
> > 2533274827703096;15:
> > > 2533274813061580;2:
> > > It had one, it was one of the least populated list and for now its been temporarily replaced with HaloWC FFA.
> > >
> > > The last thing Halo 5 needs is duplicate playlists in social/ranked. If FFA couldn’t sustain a healthy population in ranked, social would barely be better, if at all.
> >
> > The guy is allowed to post his opinion without somebody shutting him down. That’s not what a community is about. What would be the negative to a playlist that has a lower population of higher skilled players? The current ffa wc playlist has a very high skill gap but it is still fun and finding a game is no problem. If you don’t want to play it then don’t.
>
> Slow matchmaking times, unfair matches, etc. You know, what we get in every other playlist with low population.
>
> Halo 5 needs a playlist trimming soon. The population isn’t in a position to support so many playlists.

Again…I don’t see why you wouldn’t just go to another playlist. Nobody if forcing you to play halowc ffa. This particular playlist population wouldn’t just migrate to the playlist that you want to play either. It is the smallest playlist population already. If 343 removed slayer I wouldn’t just start playing another playlist just as much as slayer. I would probably just play the game less period.

> 2533274813061580;16:
> > 2533274827703096;15:
> > > 2533274813061580;2:
> > > It had one, it was one of the least populated list and for now its been temporarily replaced with HaloWC FFA.
> > >
> > > The last thing Halo 5 needs is duplicate playlists in social/ranked. If FFA couldn’t sustain a healthy population in ranked, social would barely be better, if at all.
> >
> > The guy is allowed to post his opinion without somebody shutting him down. That’s not what a community is about. What would be the negative to a playlist that has a lower population of higher skilled players? The current ffa wc playlist has a very high skill gap but it is still fun and finding a game is no problem. If you don’t want to play it then don’t.
>
> Slow matchmaking times, unfair matches, etc. You know, what we get in every other playlist with low population.
>
> Halo 5 needs a playlist trimming soon. The population isn’t in a position to support so many playlists.

And may I add that your service record shows that you haven’t even played a ranked game at all this season. Either you have no knowledge to speak on this season or you have multiple accounts for “smurfing” and are part of the problem.

> 2533274827703096;18:
> And may I add that your service record shows that you haven’t even played a ranked game at all this season. Either you have no knowledge to speak on this season or you have multiple accounts for “smurfing” and are part of the problem.

You don’t need to play the playlist to know that two FFA playlists wouldn’t be good at all. You can base this on its position near the very bottom of the playlist popularity list for the entire time it’s been available since December. Plus, you also have other people’s numerous negative experiences with games and search times that you can read on the forums as well as Josh Menke’s tweaks that he’s had to keep making for a long time with the matching system in FFA due to the low population which has caused unfair matches. Splitting the population even further with two playlists will only make those problems worse.

They got rid of regular FFA (my fav playlist) and replaced it with a magnum sweaty fest mode that takes 12 minutes and is only on a 2 map rotation. Thanks again 343!