Decrease number of Spartan IV’s

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Don’t know why the original post got locked, but let me take a softer approach.

Something that makes Spartans special is they are rare. A sign of hope, not a lot of people get to see them but if you did you were lucky and knew you were getting saved. CE-Halo 3 (even Reach) made Spartans feel so unique, almost alien to regular personal at times like referenced in the books. With halo 4 and 5 we got an over abundance of Spartan IV’s, the rumored number for how many are aboard the infinity is somewhere between 300-400+ IV’s. Losing the specialness and made Spartans feel like a dime a dozen.

Since in Infinite Cortana now polices the galaxy and holds everyone’s head to a gun I’m sure the Infinity has taken a lot of losses. I would like to see Spartan IV’s become rare again just like how the Spartan II’s and III’s endured tremendous losses. Maybe through missions or a counter attack we unfortunately loose a major number of Spartan IV’s but leaving the strongest surviving ie Thorne, Osiris, etc. This could give the respect Spartan IV’s have been looking for.

I don’t know, something about destruction a fictional group of people that was artificially made is considered genocide.

Which is also confusing because that sort of was the Covenant, and the whole pretext of the Master Chief is that you were the last Spartan

Personally I think if that premise returned it would make the UNSC look exactly as they were on the back foot which they need. After all in the trailer it was said that we lost which how could we have lose when we now have an entire branch of Spartans, unless that branch got wiped out.

But you know, kill all the Spartan IVs = genocide. (someone must have watched the last extra credits video)

> 2533274829432487;1:
> Don’t know why the original post got locked, but let me take a softer approach.
>
> Something that makes Spartans special is they are rare. A sign of hope, not a lot of people get to see them but if you did you were lucky and knew you were getting saved. CE-Halo 3 (even Reach) made Spartans feel so unique, almost alien to regular personal at times like referenced in the books. With halo 4 and 5 we got an over abundance of Spartan IV’s, the rumored number for how many are aboard the infinity is somewhere between 300-400+ IV’s. Losing the specialness and made Spartans feel like a dime a dozen.
>
> Since in Infinite Cortana now polices the galaxy and holds everyone’s head to a gun I’m sure the Infinity has taken a lot of losses. I would like to see Spartan IV’s become rare again just like how the Spartan II’s and III’s endured tremendous losses. Maybe through missions or a counter attack we unfortunately loose a major number of Spartan IV’s but leaving the strongest surviving ie Thorne, Osiris, etc. This could give the respect Spartan IV’s have been looking for.

I agree, make the infinity get taken out or something in a battle with a guardian, then it could crash on the halo from the trailers in a sort of tribute to the Pillar of Autumn crashing in the original game. During the crash they could kill off a ton of the crew members keeping alive those that had potential: Locke, Buck, Thorne, Palmer etc…

I actually like the concept of the spartan IV’s and would like to see them stick around, I always felt like they were a natural progression of the spartan program even if they aren’t techinally as good as the II’s and III’s

> 2666640315087182;2:
> I don’t know, something about destruction a fictional group of people that was artificially made is considered genocide.

By that logic then the Halo franchise is literally build on genocide. The Covenant religion, the Halo array…It wouldn’t be just the Spartan IV’s but everyone aboard the infinity.

> 2533274912849176;3:
> > 2533274829432487;1:
> >
>
> I agree, make the infinity get taken out or something in a battle with a guardian, then it could crash on the halo from the trailers in a sort of tribute to the Pillar of Autumn crashing in the original game. During the crash they could kill off a ton of the crew members keeping alive those that had potential: Locke, Buck, Thorne, Palmer etc…

Something that I thought was interesting from the e3 trailer was the piece of Halo that got blown off reminded me of how the POA destroyed the halo ring. Maybe this time it was the infinity? But I feel like the explosion would be bigger maybe.

> 2533274796080930;4:
> I actually like the concept of the spartan IV’s and would like to see them stick around, I always felt like they were a natural progression of the spartan program even if they aren’t techinally as good as the II’s and III’s

I agree and am not saying to completely wipe them out, maybe decrease their numbers to around 100-150 like the original Spartans.

> 2533274796080930;4:
> I actually like the concept of the spartan IV’s and would like to see them stick around, I always felt like they were a natural progression of the spartan program even if they aren’t techinally as good as the II’s and III’s

Well we could make some other generations. I have some ideas Such as an insurrectionist Spartan V generation. Now this wouldn’t be a very successful generation and insurrectionist resources aren’t anywhere near equivalent to that of the all powerful ONI (whos totalitarian regime is second only to the Emperor’s Most Holy Inquisition). Not to mention some rather crude power armor. Against a unarmored Spartan IV they would lose and if they were Armored against an unarmored Spartan IV they might have a chance. Also the attrition rate of the augmentation would be higher than the Spartan IIs and also their life cycle will be cut dramatically short as their body rejects the aggressive augmentations. Basically it is a do now or else we don’t have later type solution for the Insurrectionist current conflict. They need their own Spartans and they need more than just the handful of defectors. And against the Banished, Precursors, Prometheans and the Created, survival justifies the sacrifice.

Spartan VI would be a UNSC revival of the Spartan IVs (but this time don’t try and make them their own branch or worse their own faction/nation). Now the UNSC will focus more on Power armor technology than augmentation much like the Spartan IVs to cut down on augmentation attrition but still have moderate augmentation as that is what separates a Spartan from any other marine or soldier in the UNSC. Unarmored against an unarmored Generation V the VI will get its backside handed to them, but the VI is likely still going to survive for more than 12 years after augmentation where as the Vs will not.

Spartan VII would be an Insurrectionist attempt to correct the failed 5th generation. Somehow they got access to competent power armor and made some modifications. Now instead of full augmentation they would try to get around the augmentation attrition rate by only partial implants. Mostly these would be less intrusive connections to injectors that have been placed within the power armor. Where as if needed the power armor can provide some drug boosts to include coagulants, stimulants, pain relievers, dopamine, even some oxygenated blood if necessary. Now granted this means without the armor they are barely any different than say an elite ODST trooper (and not really any stronger). So without armor would lose to a Spartan VIs. With armor it is about even but the VIs still have a slight advantage as they are fully augmented where as the VIIs are just set up so they could connect with the injectors in their version of power armor.

But they are rare, alot of them died and it’s not like there was alot of them anyway. Space is big, a new army of Spartans is nothing considering how vast the literal in game universe is.

We needed more, so he made some

I’m curious as to why you find 300-400 Spartan-IVs over abundant yet Spartan-IIIs were being pumped out per company in that range. There’s only around 1,000 Spartan-IVs total. Compared to the UNSC’s fighting force of tens of thousands, that is a small percentage, and not in need of artificial culling.

Spartans, even with the inclusion of the -IVs, are still a rare thing to see among UNSC servicemen and women. Why it may appear that there are a lot of them is that we’ve been aboard the Infinity --which contains the majority of them-- for two games.

Pretty sure your last post got locked up because somebody from 343 thought it was gross and weird how you were so fixated on wanting fictional characters to die. I dunno. That’s just what I can recall. Personally, I agree. Halo is kinda built on Genocide, with the Covenant, the Rings, the Flood… I mean. It’s happened a few times. Halo is about War after all. If fictional characters get massacred for the sake of plot, by all means. Wreck them. They aren’t real. Just keep away from Chief or there will be issues.

There was hundreds of Spartan IIIs, so it isn’t a numbers problem. Hundreds makes sense too, considering how big space is.

I think the Spartan IVs feel less special because they are less special. A lot of them are just ODSTs that have been given enhancements, so they act like regular soldiers. Halsey brings up this idea in Spartan Ops, by basically saying that the Spartan IVs aren’t real Spartans. When you compare their training to the IIIs, and especially IIs, she’s not wrong. They’re just better ODSTs now, with the only reason we’ve seen such a high concentration of them in particularly Halo 4 being because The Infinity is their home.

> 2535419441797248;10:
> There was hundreds of Spartan IIIs, so it isn’t a numbers problem. Hundreds makes sense too, considering how big space is.
>
> I think the Spartan IVs feel less special because they are less special. A lot of them are just ODSTs that have been given enhancements, so they act like regular soldiers. Halsey brings up this idea in Spartan Ops, by basically saying that the Spartan IVs aren’t real Spartans. When you compare their training to the IIIs, and especially IIs, she’s not wrong. They’re just better ODSTs now, with the only reason we’ve seen such a high concentration of them in particularly Halo 4 being because The Infinity is their home.

So how would you feel on other generations?
Personally I think they should follow the rules that the latter generation should be weaker than the prior one (without armor). Which is why I came up with my story concept on future generations to include adding an insurrectionist element to it. Also after Halo 4 it is hard to call Master Chief still a Spartan II (the rest of blue team is). The only known surviving III is Juan and a few of those from Ghosts of Onyx. After the 4th generation gets depleted by the AI wars then it is only natural that a 5th or even 6th generation would have to be made. I went up to 7 that seems like a good number to stop at.

> 2533274851065491;8:
> I’m Just curious as to why you find 300-400 Spartan-IVs over abundant yet Spartan-IIIs were being pumped out per company in that range. There’s only around 1,000 Spartan-IVs total. Compared to the UNSC’s fighting force of tens of thousands, that is a small percentage, and not in need of artificial culling.
>
> Spartans, even with the inclusion of the -IVs, are still a rare thing to see among UNSC servicemen and women. Why it may appear that there are a lot of them is that we’ve been aboard the Infinity --which contains the majority of them-- for two games.

Spartans III’s were respected though because they were sent into fighting that thought we’re impossible to win and won. They numbers were always few.

I do agree though with us being on Infinity therefor seeing a lot of Spartans.

> 2533274851211096;7:
> But they are rare, alot of them died and it’s not like there was alot of them anyway. Space is big, a new army of Spartans is nothing considering how vast the literal in game universe is.
>
> We needed more, so he made some

Pretty much this

plus even if the spartan IV numbers were to somehow take a a drastic hit with this generation they can simply make more and with a fairly short turn around.

Let’s not kill off a bunch of people because ‘why not?’. Fictional or not, I don’t think I’d like a story where someone decided to cull the numbers of Spartans just to make them feel ‘special’ because they’re ‘the last of their kind’. It’s already been done for Chief and the remaining II’s. The second Generation of ORION has barely a handful left of their original 300 selected, 75 fully conscripted, and 30 some survivors. I think before Black Team was slain by Didact there was only like 18 living Spartan-II’s left alive with at least 3 of them being MIA and another 3 out of action (might be wrong on those numbers, but it was pretty low, at least half of the survivor rate of augmentation).

Spartan-IV’s are OUR hope, they allow us to bring to life the hero in US. That’s why we got to make our own Spartan. That’s why they let us customize our multiplayer model. We are supposed to project ourselves into our own created hero. At least, that’s what I would like to believe.

Hate them all you want, but I like Spartan-IV’s. I hope we see plenty of them in the future.

> 2533274879757912;14:
> Let’s not kill off a bunch of people because ‘why not?’. Fictional or not, I don’t think I’d like a story where someone decided to cull the numbers of Spartans just to make them feel ‘special’ because they’re ‘the last of their kind’. It’s already been done for Chief and the remaining II’s. The second Generation of ORION has barely a handful left of their original 300 selected, 75 fully conscripted, and 30 some survivors. I think before Black Team was slain by Didact there was only like 18 living Spartan-II’s left alive with at least 3 of them being MIA and another 3 out of action (might be wrong on those numbers, but it was pretty low, at least half of the survivor rate of augmentation).
>
> Spartan-IV’s are OUR hope, they allow us to bring to life the hero in US. That’s why we got to make our own Spartan. That’s why they let us customize our multiplayer model. We are supposed to project ourselves into our own created hero. At least, that’s what I would like to believe.
>
> Hate them all you want, but I like Spartan-IV’s. I hope we see plenty of them in the future.

They let us color our own Spartans in CE. They let us color our own Spartans and Elites in 2. They let us customize our own Spartans and Elites in 3. They let us customize our own Spartans in Reach. It’s not just a 4/5 thing with Spartan IV’s man. That’s just Multiplayer Halo. So what you said can apply to the past games as well. It has nothing to do with IV’s.

> 2533274810989728;15:
> > 2533274879757912;14:
> > Let’s not kill off a bunch of people because ‘why not?’. Fictional or not, I don’t think I’d like a story where someone decided to cull the numbers of Spartans just to make them feel ‘special’ because they’re ‘the last of their kind’. It’s already been done for Chief and the remaining II’s. The second Generation of ORION has barely a handful left of their original 300 selected, 75 fully conscripted, and 30 some survivors. I think before Black Team was slain by Didact there was only like 18 living Spartan-II’s left alive with at least 3 of them being MIA and another 3 out of action (might be wrong on those numbers, but it was pretty low, at least half of the survivor rate of augmentation).
> >
> > Spartan-IV’s are OUR hope, they allow us to bring to life the hero in US. That’s why we got to make our own Spartan. That’s why they let us customize our multiplayer model. We are supposed to project ourselves into our own created hero. At least, that’s what I would like to believe.
> >
> > Hate them all you want, but I like Spartan-IV’s. I hope we see plenty of them in the future.
>
> They let us color our own Spartans in CE. They let us color our own Spartans and Elites in 2. They let us customize our own Spartans and Elites in 3. They let us customize our own Spartans in Reach. It’s not just a 4/5 thing with Spartan IV’s man. That’s just Multiplayer Halo. So what you said can apply to the past games as well. It has nothing to do with IV’s.

You could color them, but it never mattered unless you were in a FFA because you were tagged red or blue when in normal matches. This was present in CE and 2, Halo 3 was the first time you were able to customize your Spartan, but it kind of just felt like personal preference because you were stuck with a male model that could sound like a woman if you chose that voice. Half of the customization was locked behind achievements, weren’t they? I couldn’t even get Rogue without ranking up for an achievement.

Halo: Reach was the first time you were able to fully customize your Spartan because it was YOUR Spartan. You could change the gender model, the color, the armor, heck, even the voice (though they were all canon voices).

Halo 4 was much like Reach in that aspect but instead of Spartan-III’s we were now Spartan-IV’s.

So no, I don’t quite think we can apply that to ALL Halo’s of the passed.

> 2666640315087182;11:
> > 2535419441797248;10:
> > There was hundreds of Spartan IIIs, so it isn’t a numbers problem. Hundreds makes sense too, considering how big space is.
> >
> > I think the Spartan IVs feel less special because they are less special. A lot of them are just ODSTs that have been given enhancements, so they act like regular soldiers. Halsey brings up this idea in Spartan Ops, by basically saying that the Spartan IVs aren’t real Spartans. When you compare their training to the IIIs, and especially IIs, she’s not wrong. They’re just better ODSTs now, with the only reason we’ve seen such a high concentration of them in particularly Halo 4 being because The Infinity is their home.
>
> So how would you feel on other generations?
> Personally I think they should follow the rules that the latter generation should be weaker than the prior one (without armor). Which is why I came up with my story concept on future generations to include adding an insurrectionist element to it. Also after Halo 4 it is hard to call Master Chief still a Spartan II (the rest of blue team is). The only known surviving III is Juan and a few of those from Ghosts of Onyx. After the 4th generation gets depleted by the AI wars then it is only natural that a 5th or even 6th generation would have to be made. I went up to 7 that seems like a good number to stop at.

I don’t think the IIIs were particularly weaker than IIs, other than the armour and combat experience. All Spartan IIs wore MJOLNIR, but most IIIs wore SPI armour instead, because MJOLNIR was far too expensive for Humanity at the time during the Human-Covenant War to give to hundreds of Spartans that would be sent on suicide missions. Their augmentations were just safer. That being said, the IIs were the genetic, and intellectual prime of Humanity when they were selected for abduction, whereas the IIIs were the best of those that could be adopted. The IVs are weaker outside of the armour than IIIs and IIs, but GEN II MJOLNIR armour supposedly makes up the difference against a II or III in GEN I armour. That being said, most remaining IIs and IIIs wear GEN II now, so there is once again a gap.

I don’t think latter generations should be weaker, as a general rule of thumb, because it doesn’t make sense. You make the best Spartans you can, and as many as possible, not intentionally make weaker and weaker ones. I also don’t understand why you think Chief isn’t a Spartan-II anymore, unless you’re referring to the stuff that the Librarian did to him. But all she did was make him immune to being composed. He’s still a Spartan-II.

Post Human-Covenant War, the greatest difference between Spartan generations is experience and training. IIs simply had the better training, and obviously have a lot more experience (bar Red Team on the experience front). IIIs had good training, and then obviously less experience than IIs. IVs had the relative worst training, and even though they were already soldiers, had less experience than Spartans, as well as being less experienced as Spartans. It would make more sense to me that GEN V/VI/VII would be better than IVs, not worse, as technology improves. But I don’t know if they’d top the years long, unethical training of the IIs and IIIs. Publicly, the Spartan-IV Program is trying to save face, as it was somehow leaked that the IIs were kidnapped as six-year-olds.

I say start the spartan II program again . Stop messing about with average spartans .

Instead of kidnapping children create test tube babies from the John 117 spartan -Yoink!- and Kelly 087 spartan eggs . Make thousands , an entire super soldier army and become the dominant force in the universe .

> 2535419441797248;17:
> > 2666640315087182;11:
> > > 2535419441797248;10:
> > > There was hundreds of Spartan IIIs, so it isn’t a numbers problem. Hundreds makes sense too, considering how big space is.
> > >
> > > I think the Spartan IVs feel less special because they are less special. A lot of them are just ODSTs that have been given enhancements, so they act like regular soldiers. Halsey brings up this idea in Spartan Ops, by basically saying that the Spartan IVs aren’t real Spartans. When you compare their training to the IIIs, and especially IIs, she’s not wrong. They’re just better ODSTs now, with the only reason we’ve seen such a high concentration of them in particularly Halo 4 being because The Infinity is their home.
> >
> > So how would you feel on other generations?
> > Personally I think they should follow the rules that the latter generation should be weaker than the prior one (without armor). Which is why I came up with my story concept on future generations to include adding an insurrectionist element to it. Also after Halo 4 it is hard to call Master Chief still a Spartan II (the rest of blue team is). The only known surviving III is Juan and a few of those from Ghosts of Onyx. After the 4th generation gets depleted by the AI wars then it is only natural that a 5th or even 6th generation would have to be made. I went up to 7 that seems like a good number to stop at.
>
> I don’t think the IIIs were particularly weaker than IIs, other than the armour and combat experience. All Spartan IIs wore MJOLNIR, but most IIIs wore SPI armour instead, because MJOLNIR was far too expensive for Humanity at the time during the Human-Covenant War to give to hundreds of Spartans that would be sent on suicide missions. Their augmentations were just safer. That being said, the IIs were the genetic, and intellectual prime of Humanity when they were selected for abduction, whereas the IIIs were the best of those that could be adopted. The IVs are weaker outside of the armour than IIIs and IIs, but GEN II MJOLNIR armour supposedly makes up the difference against a II or III in GEN I armour. That being said, most remaining IIs and IIIs wear GEN II now, so there is once again a gap.
>
> I don’t think latter generations should be weaker, as a general rule of thumb, because it doesn’t make sense. You make the best Spartans you can, and as many as possible, not intentionally make weaker and weaker ones. I also don’t understand why you think Chief isn’t a Spartan-II anymore, unless you’re referring to the stuff that the Librarian did to him. But all she did was make him immune to being composed. He’s still a Spartan-II.
>
> Post Human-Covenant War, the greatest difference between Spartan generations is experience and training. IIs simply had the better training, and obviously have a lot more experience (bar Red Team on the experience front). IIIs had good training, and then obviously less experience than IIs. IVs had the relative worst training, and even though they were already soldiers, had less experience than Spartans, as well as being less experienced as Spartans. It would make more sense to me that GEN V/VI/VII would be better than IVs, not worse, as technology improves. But I don’t know if they’d top the years long, unethical training of the IIs and IIIs. Publicly, the Spartan-IV Program is trying to save face, as it was somehow leaked that the IIs were kidnapped as six-year-olds.

Now of course intentionally making weaker Spartans doesn’t make sense but the idea is the higher attrition rate for augmentations means that only the strongest ones survive. Now of course attrition in augmentation is something that would naturally want to be avoided because on a numbers standpoint an ODST recruit is better than a crippled former Spartan selectee. With safer augmentation they are not as aggressive so they sacrifice the increase in strength of the augmentation for the increase in probability of successful augmentation. However more successful applicants also means weaker one as those that survive the safer augmentation may not have survived the process in the 2nd generation, but the 2nd generation most defiantly would survive the safer augmentation process.

Naturally if safer augmentations means weaker Spartans (still stronger than an ODST) then there would be a search for a solution to that problem, which could come in one of two ways, quantity and the power armor. UNSC would no doubt look into power armor as they have more resources to do so, Insurrectionists would likely look for quantity. They could still have UNSC generations in their ranks from the defectors (besides Mickey), but they would look first for a faster way to make them then an easier way to make their Spartans.

As for the Master Chief yes he is a Spartan II but he was also further augmented by the Librarian pretty much making him the Spartan Prime, (1st Generation). What the humans were capable of before the flood.

> 2666640315087182;19:
> > 2535419441797248;17:
> > > 2666640315087182;11:
> > > > 2535419441797248;10:
> > > > There was hundreds of Spartan IIIs, so it isn’t a numbers problem. Hundreds makes sense too, considering how big space is.
> > > >
> > > > I think the Spartan IVs feel less special because they are less special. A lot of them are just ODSTs that have been given enhancements, so they act like regular soldiers. Halsey brings up this idea in Spartan Ops, by basically saying that the Spartan IVs aren’t real Spartans. When you compare their training to the IIIs, and especially IIs, she’s not wrong. They’re just better ODSTs now, with the only reason we’ve seen such a high concentration of them in particularly Halo 4 being because The Infinity is their home.
> > >
> > > So how would you feel on other generations?
> > > Personally I think they should follow the rules that the latter generation should be weaker than the prior one (without armor). Which is why I came up with my story concept on future generations to include adding an insurrectionist element to it. Also after Halo 4 it is hard to call Master Chief still a Spartan II (the rest of blue team is). The only known surviving III is Juan and a few of those from Ghosts of Onyx. After the 4th generation gets depleted by the AI wars then it is only natural that a 5th or even 6th generation would have to be made. I went up to 7 that seems like a good number to stop at.
> >
> > I don’t think the IIIs were particularly weaker than IIs, other than the armour and combat experience. All Spartan IIs wore MJOLNIR, but most IIIs wore SPI armour instead, because MJOLNIR was far too expensive for Humanity at the time during the Human-Covenant War to give to hundreds of Spartans that would be sent on suicide missions. Their augmentations were just safer. That being said, the IIs were the genetic, and intellectual prime of Humanity when they were selected for abduction, whereas the IIIs were the best of those that could be adopted. The IVs are weaker outside of the armour than IIIs and IIs, but GEN II MJOLNIR armour supposedly makes up the difference against a II or III in GEN I armour. That being said, most remaining IIs and IIIs wear GEN II now, so there is once again a gap.
> >
> > I don’t think latter generations should be weaker, as a general rule of thumb, because it doesn’t make sense. You make the best Spartans you can, and as many as possible, not intentionally make weaker and weaker ones. I also don’t understand why you think Chief isn’t a Spartan-II anymore, unless you’re referring to the stuff that the Librarian did to him. But all she did was make him immune to being composed. He’s still a Spartan-II.
> >
> > Post Human-Covenant War, the greatest difference between Spartan generations is experience and training. IIs simply had the better training, and obviously have a lot more experience (bar Red Team on the experience front). IIIs had good training, and then obviously less experience than IIs. IVs had the relative worst training, and even though they were already soldiers, had less experience than Spartans, as well as being less experienced as Spartans. It would make more sense to me that GEN V/VI/VII would be better than IVs, not worse, as technology improves. But I don’t know if they’d top the years long, unethical training of the IIs and IIIs. Publicly, the Spartan-IV Program is trying to save face, as it was somehow leaked that the IIs were kidnapped as six-year-olds.
>
> Now of course intentionally making weaker Spartans doesn’t make sense but the idea is the higher attrition rate for augmentations means that only the strongest ones survive. Now of course attrition in augmentation is something that would naturally want to be avoided because on a numbers standpoint an ODST recruit is better than a crippled former Spartan selectee. With safer augmentation they are not as aggressive so they sacrifice the increase in strength of the augmentation for the increase in probability of successful augmentation. However more successful applicants also means weaker one as those that survive the safer augmentation may not have survived the process in the 2nd generation, but the 2nd generation most defiantly would survive the safer augmentation process.
>
> Naturally if safer augmentations means weaker Spartans (still stronger than an ODST) then there would be a search for a solution to that problem, which could come in one of two ways, quantity and the power armor. UNSC would no doubt look into power armor as they have more resources to do so, Insurrectionists would likely look for quantity. They could still have UNSC generations in their ranks from the defectors (besides Mickey), but they would look first for a faster way to make them then an easier way to make their Spartans.
>
> As for the Master Chief yes he is a Spartan II but he was also further augmented by the Librarian pretty much making him the Spartan Prime, (1st Generation). What the humans were capable of before the flood.

Safer augmentation =/= weaker Spartans. We’re much better at performing operations than we were 200 years ago, and they’re also safer. Attrition for selecting candidates for the augmentation…That’s just what special ops units do in the real-world. You have to pass tests, and their standards don’t really change. Some years, you’ll have more. Others, you’ll have less.

Chief isn’t a Spartan Prime…That isn’t a thing, and he isn’t on-par with the ancient Humans either. The Didact still throws him around without difficulty. It was just to prevent him from being composed, as far as I’m aware. Halo 4 didn’t make it particularly clear, and Halo 5 didn’t even mention it.