Decisions Were Made Higher Up

Frankly, I’d settle for a free premium battle pass if buying the $60 campaign. An obvious future addition could be a way to earn credits in game to purchase from the store too.

1 Like

The fanbase is to blame. The game was delayed a year due to the outcry. They’re going to do all they can to recoup the last year of lost income. Plain and simple. The fans made us lose money so we’ll take them for all they got.

Friend, we’d be in a far worse state if you think Infinite would have been ready to ship last year. This ain’t on the fans.

1 Like

I’m not saying that the fans are responsible for the state of the game when it comes to how bare bones it is but when it comes to the egregious monetization absolutely. Imagine making a game in the hundreds of millions of dollars due for release in months and the fanbase bites back so hard you have to delay a year. That’s a year of income expected that is now pushed back and you as a company have to keep investing more and more to try and appease everyone. They’ll do all they can to recover those extra unforseen costs and it’ll land squarely on the consumer. I agree we were in the right because the game was no where near ready, but this is the outcome of our demands they fix the game. Someone has to pay for the delay

I mean, we don’t have to pay them a dime. Much as how Ske7ch said they don’t owe us an explanation we also don’t owe them financial support. If the only way they can recoup losses is by reselling Cadet Blue as a “premium” cosmetic, maybe the game doesn’t deserve to succeed? I hate saying that and I don’t want it to be the case. But they have plenty of case studies for F2P or microtransaction systems and they ultimately went in a way that is not player first.

1 Like

It all comes down to a corporate mentality. Investors want to see their $$$. After a year long delay they expect even more and will do whatever they can to get it regardless of how it affects the end users. They prey on the 10 year olds with mommy and daddy’s credit cards because they know they’ll pay without a second thought

This is one of the main reasons I shift the blame (more) towards Microsoft’s side of things, because they dumped a whole lot of money into this game. It’s the most expensive game ever made, $500 million. That’s also what makes me think this f2p model has nothing to do with the players. It has everything to do with making them money

1 Like

It’s not called halo infinite for nothing cause that’s how much cash you need to unlock all of the customizations by the time they’re done releasing them

1 Like