Decisions (A Halo Reach Machinima)

Hey guys,

I’ve been a semi-regular poster over at HBO for a good long while and thought that I would try the Waypoint forums out for a change. So yeah… Hey!

As my official first post of the… well… ever… I wanted to post a machinima that I made fairly recently. It is short (Only 3.5 minutes including credits), but I believe it does a great job at telling a deep story without any spoken dialogue whatsoever. It’s a very dramatic machinima, but some say that it is the best dramatic machinima they have ever seen. Anyway, I hope that you can give my movie a short watch and tell me on here or in the youtube comments what you think about it.

Also, if you really enjoy it, I’d appreciate it if you send it to people you think might enjoy it as well. Compared to my other videos, this one barely has any views… and ironically this is the video that I really want people to see. Tis fate I guess.

So yeah, here’s the movie and I hope that you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw3G_Mz4Lyw

Chris101b

Welcome!

Wow! What an emotional rollercoaster–great job! Thumbs up from me. :slight_smile:

I was a little shocked and sad at the beginning, but I like the story you tell. And I like the musical choice too.

Oh! And to make links, just use BBcode. In other words: [ url ]linkhere[ /url ] (without spaces)

Feel free to edit your original post and make your youtube link clickable! The edit button is in the upper-right corner of your post.

Very interesting. I’m not sure I liked the extraneous type. (Hero, loved, worthless and failure) but the music went well and you got across some good feelings without any dialogue. I was particularly impressed with the transitions and camera work.

You’ve got some talent. I look forward to more.

> Welcome!
>
> Wow! What an emotional rollercoaster–great job! Thumbs up from me. :slight_smile:
>
> I was a little shocked and sad at the beginning, but I like the story you tell. And I like the musical choice too.
>
> Oh! And to make links, just use BBcode. In other words: [ url ]linkhere[ /url ] (without spaces)
>
> Feel free to edit your original post and make your youtube link clickable! The edit button is in the upper-right corner of your post.

Thanks for the tip. Edited.

> Very interesting. I’m not sure I liked the extraneous type. (Hero, loved, worthless and failure) but the music went well and you got across some good feelings without any dialogue. I was particularly impressed with the transitions and camera work.
>
> You’ve got some talent. I look forward to more.

I used the hero, loved, worthless, and failure text to help convey a certain emotion that was really hard to show just from gameplay. With the text, the story says that he could either jump off the bridge, or he could live out the rest of his life and die a hero. Without the text you just get the feeling that he could either die by jumping off the bridge or he could die by a grenade a year later. It doesn’t have the same emotional effect without the text. And I also needed a way to introduce the text early on so that the viewer wasn’t confused when the words “hero” and “loved” popped up, so that’s why I have it at the beginning too to convey the obvious emotion of sadness and despair. It puts the idea of “text conveying emotion” in the viewers head so that they understand the ending more easily.

Glad you liked it!

I have nothing constructive to say; Nice.

Great video. Thanks for posting it here!

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/blog/decisions-a-halo-reach-machinima/39847

> Great video. Thanks for posting it here!
>
> http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/blog/decisions-a-halo-reach-machinima/39847

THANK GOD YOU DID THAT.
:smiley:

> Great video. Thanks for posting it here!
>
> http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/blog/decisions-a-halo-reach-machinima/39847

THANK YOU! This really means a lot to me. I’ve been trying to get this movie out there so that people could watch it, but I kept feeling like everyone was ignoring me. For example, I’ve been trying to get it posted on the front page of Bungie for about 6 weeks now but have had absolutely no success. Getting it posted here really made me feel better about the whole situation. Again, thank you!