DecepticonCobra's Halo 4 Script *LEGENDARY*

BS Angel approved topic
Disclaimer
This script was entirely written by me. Since I am not affiliated with 343 Industries or Microsoft, do not take anything I write as fact. This is my idea of how Halo 4 would turn out if I were a writer. Some elements from the Halo Universe, ie the books, games, etc., are used as background material for several plot points, so be wary of spoilers. Due to the sheer size of it all, I’ll post in weekly intervals. This has been a labor of love on my part, and a way to cope with the boredom of waiting for any information on Halo 4, so please give it a read and provide honest feedback. Just on a side note, don’t expect Greg Bear or Eric Nylund level stuff, I’m not that good and this isn’t a traditional story. XD

Table Of Contents

First Mission: Part I/Part II
Second Mission: Part I/Part II
Third Mission: Part I/Part II
Fourth Mission: Part I/Part II/Part III
Fifth Mission: Part I/Part II/Part III
Sixth Mission: Part I/Part II/Part III
Seventh Mission: Part I/Part II
Eight Mission: Part I/Part II/Part III
Ninth Mission: Part I/Part II/Part III/Part IV
Tenth Mission: Part I/Part II/Part III
Ending: Part I/Part II
Legendary Ending

Halo 4

Introduction: Reunion

Fade in from black

Establishing Shot: The inky blackness of space scrolls to the right. A large metallic object appears and continues to scroll to the right as the words “Forward Unto Dawn” pass by. The shot pans out to reveal the half of the Dawn that didn’t make it all the way through the Ark Portal in Halo 3.

Cut To: The hanger bay of the Dawn. The camera continues to slowly zoom in showing overturned and floating Warthogs and Pelicans. A Warthog floats past the camera to the left.

Jump To: A metal door. The door slides open to reveal the cryo room. The camera covers over a holographic projection table as it flickers to life. A small blue figure materializes in a flurry of code and stands up, the AI CORTANA.

Close Up: CORTANA’s back. A series of holographic displays and monitors pop up with incomprehensible data. The camera shifts to a shot of CORTANA from the chest up as her head looks up as another display appears.

Focus On: The monitor. It has a running total of time with the date 2556 highlighted in red.

Fade In: 0700 Earth Time, November 1st 2556, Unknown Position In Space appears on the bottom right of the screen as a distanced shot of CORTANA amidst her screens is shown, the expression on her face is worry.

**Close, Jump To:**CORTANA reels back and screams as her form starts to corrupt into a mash up of colors and static. Her form returns to normal as she sits in the fetal position. She closes her eyes.

CORTANA: I’m running out of time.

Suddenly, a voice speaks in a flat, emotionless tone:

MYSTERIOUS VOICE: You must hang on and continue to function for the Reclaimer’s sake.

CORTANA shoots up and scans the surrounding area.

Camera Perspective Pans Overhead

MYSTERIOUS VOICE: You won’t find me construct, I am a phantom in the void. However, I will reveal myself when the time is right. Head my warning and tread carefully, your salvation is at hand, but it can easily become your damnation.

Close, Cut To: Red alert lights start flashing and sounding off.

Focus On: CORTANA checks a security monitor and sees a blur rush by. She flashes through the security cameras but doesn’t find the source. Suddenly, the sides of the main entrance to the cryo room begin to glow yellow from the right and left and both move up to the top.

Extreme Close Up: CORTANA’s face as it illuminates with the pulsating yellow flashes.

Jump To: The door. The yellow lines meet each other at the top and the door falls down. Three Sentinels enter the cryo room. Two of the three break off from the one in the middle and hover all over the room. The lead Sentinel hovers in front of CORTANA.

LEAD SENTINEL: [Incomprehensible gibberish]

CORTANA motions to a display and presses it.

Zoom In On: A cryo pod. The inside starts to fog up and it leaks out as the hatch begins to open up. A green figure rises out of the mist, two lights winking off of it’s head, it is MASTER CHIEF. MASTER CHIEF floats near the pedestal. CORTANA looks at MASTER CHIEF.

CORTANA: Yank me Chief.

Extreme Close Up: Eye of the Sentinel with MASTER CHIEF in it’s reflection pulling CORTANA from the projector. Perspective then shifts back to MASTER CHIEF.

MASTER CHIEF: Cortana, what’s going on?

LEAD SENTINEL: [Incomprehensible gibberish]

CORTANA (Inside Chief’s helmet): Three Sentinels came out of nowhere Chief, somehow thy slipped by my security and I have no idea where they came from. I’m accessing my catalog of languages, but nothing absolute is matching up. The vocal patterns I’m reading match with my Forerunner references, but it all sounds like gibberish to me.

MASTER CHIEF slowly moves to the left of the cryo tube and clutches the Assault Rifle he set beside it previously. He doesn’t aim it at the Sentinel.

MASTER CHIEF: I don’t understand, what do you want?

LEAD SENTINEL: (A whir of static and other noises, then) New language detected. Language cataloged. New contact protocols initiated. Greetings Reclaimer! Halo Array offensive systems activated. Contact with Installation 04 and Lesser Ark currently unavailable. Greater Ark containment protocols in effect. Before gaining admittance to the Greater Ark, please exchange proper counterresponse.

MASTER CHIEF: We mean no harm.

The lead Sentinel processes MASTER CHIEF’s response, after a short time it’s eye begins to glow red. The other two Sentinels begin to assemble next to it, their eyes glowing red.

LEAD SENTINEL (advancing): Incorrect counteresponse. Reclaimer reclassified as hostile and potential infection vector subject to termination.

CORTANA (whispering): Chief, I’ve unlocked the emergency exit, go!

Always awesome!

Wow pretty AWESOME!

I liked it, would of liked it more if there was some fighting and carnage going on though.

> I liked it, would of liked it more if there was some fighting and carnage going on though.

Don’t worry, this is only the introductory cutscene.

> > I liked it, would of liked it more if there was some fighting and carnage going on though.
>
> Don’t worry, this is only the introductory cutscene.

:smiley:

Accidental double post

nice i like it

Needs some work. And I know you have permission and all, but wouldn’t this make more sense being posted here? It’ll get buried quickly in the Halo 4 forum anyway.

> Needs some work. And I know you have permission and all, but wouldn’t this make more sense being posted here? It’ll get buried quickly in the Halo 4 forum anyway.

It might, but since this will get updated every other week, burial might not be a huge issue. If it is, maybe I can have a mod transfer it. By the way, how may I improve it?

> > Needs some work. And I know you have permission and all, but wouldn’t this make more sense being posted here? It’ll get buried quickly in the Halo 4 forum anyway.
>
> It might, but since this will get updated every other week, burial might not be a huge issue. If it is, maybe I can have a mod transfer it. By the way, how may I improve it?

I don’t know, it just seems a little cheesy to me. Especially that “yank me” line. It bothers me when lines are taken from other works. Like in Halo Legends where the teenage looking Halsey started stealing every line Cortana ever said. I was facepalming the entire time while watching that…

> I don’t know, it just seems a little cheesy to me. Especially that “yank me” line. It bothers me when lines are taken from other works. Like in Halo Legends where the teenage looking Halsey started stealing every line Cortana ever said. I was facepalming the entire time while watching that…

I can certainly understand that, I was also annoyed. Before I post more of the script, I’ll send you a quick preview. I plan on doing so with others as well. You game?

Very nice. When did you start this? I remember you talking about it before in some thread whose name I have forgotten.

Also, just a little criticism, the moment where Chief emerged from cryo didn’t feel… well… epic enough. After all, this is the first we’ve seen of him since Halo 3.

Other than that, again, very nice. I look forward to the next iteration!

> Very nice. When did you start this? I remember you talking about it before in some thread whose name I have forgotten.
>
> Also, just a little criticism, the moment where Chief emerged from cryo didn’t feel… well… epic enough. After all, this is the first we’ve seen of him since Halo 3.
>
> Other than that, again, very nice. I look forward to the next iteration!

I began a few months ago and it’s been an off and on deal. I’m still chipping away at it, school and all that eating up time, but I hope to make something I’ll look back at and be proud of, even if Halo 4 looks nothing like it.

As for the lack of epicness in Chief’s introduction, I guess it’s a matter of opinion really. I didn’t want to copy the Halo 4 trailer exactly and felt what I did worked for me. Don’t worry though, I hope you’ll find more epic pieces with the first level.

In the vidoc is showed the Chief tearing open a door in first person, and jumping in some space ship thingy to the ground.

Looks like they are going FP in cutscenes.

> In the vidoc is showed the Chief tearing open a door in first person, and jumping in some space ship thingy to the ground.
>
> Looks like they are going FP in cutscenes.

I’ve incorporated some of those as well later on, but I’m more conformable with cutscenes not set in first person.

> > In the vidoc is showed the Chief tearing open a door in first person, and jumping in some space ship thingy to the ground.
> >
> > Looks like they are going FP in cutscenes.
>
> I’ve incorporated some of those as well later on, but I’m more conformable with cutscenes not set in first person.

Have you thought of the possibility of the Halo 3 ending being at the beginning?

> > I don’t know, it just seems a little cheesy to me. Especially that “yank me” line. It bothers me when lines are taken from other works. Like in Halo Legends where the teenage looking Halsey started stealing every line Cortana ever said. I was facepalming the entire time while watching that…
>
> I can certainly understand that, I was also annoyed. Before I post more of the script, I’ll send you a quick preview. I plan on doing so with others as well. You game?

Sure, I enjoy reading fan-made stuff. Perhaps it’s because I can’t write anything myself. XD

> Have you thought of the possibility of the Halo 3 ending being at the beginning?

I have, particularly it being done with Halo 4’s graphics. However, this is just my personal choice and I think it acts as a better way to start Halo 4 on it’s on footing.

> > > I don’t know, it just seems a little cheesy to me. Especially that “yank me” line. It bothers me when lines are taken from other works. Like in Halo Legends where the teenage looking <mark>Halsey started stealing every line</mark> Cortana ever said. I was facepalming the entire time while watching that…
> >
> > I can certainly understand that, I was also annoyed. Before I post more of the script, I’ll send you a quick preview. I plan on doing so with others as well. You game?
>
> Sure, I enjoy reading fan-made stuff. Perhaps it’s because I can’t write anything myself. XD

The Package would have been brilliant had Halsey not been so… young.

But remember, Cortana is based off Halsey, so it would be natural to assume that Halsey stated those lines first, and then Cortana stated them later.