December 28, 2018 Halo Infinite Release Date

So I was reading an article about Halo infinite on IGN then towards the end of the article it said “Pre-orders coming soon” with a link, I clicked on the link and it took me to Amazon and the name of the product was Halo Infinite. So I scrolled down further and saw the potential release date, December 28, 2018. I would like 343/Microsoft to confirm this. However this IS a placeholder date and shall not be taken seriously.

They’re usually not accurate right away

> 2533274920547489;2:
> They’re usually not accurate right away

Not right away no, but that’s also because Microsoft/343 Industries didn’t give a date. But Amazon is apparently expecting it to release within the year, which is definitely strange.

Amazon and other online stores always do this. It’s nothing to get excited over.

343 said its a long way to go still

Those are never accurate honestly I think we are looking at holidays 2019

Retailers always put up a place-holder date when no official date has been announced. It’s highly unlikely that we will see it this year.

It sounds like we won’t be getting it until 2019, possibly even 2020 if not longer. Here’s a quote from the article about Halo Infinite:

> “We still have a long way to go until we ship the game*,* so things will certainly evolve between now and the release of Halo Infinite…”

Most games without release dates are set as “December [This year]” until they’re given a date.

> 2533274801802416;3:
> > 2533274920547489;2:
> > They’re usually not accurate right away
>
> Not right away no, but that’s also because Microsoft/343 Industries didn’t give a date. But Amazon is apparently expecting it to release within the year, which is definitely strange.

They typically choose that date the year the game is announced; it will be updated when an official date (almost certainly no earlier than Summer 2019) is announced.

Placeholder. Most likely to see it 2019 or 2020.

No it can’t be. The game was just revealed so it has to be some time in 2019. My guess is September-November 2019

> 2533274828685520;11:
> Placeholder. Most likely to see it 2019 or 2020.

I think 2020 is a bit to far but definitely 2019

These are placeholder dates placeholder dates generally are at the end of the current year, I wouldn’t trust it until there is an official source to state the release date,

[deleted]

I’m wondering: Will it go through the Halo 3 development cycle? Like going as far as doing an Epsilon release (the one that was famous for getting your gamertag banned)? I personally believe 343 is playing as safe as possible while still risking. It should have an Epsilon release to be as polished as possible.

> 2533275010817669;16:
> I’m wondering: Will it go through the Halo 3 development cycle? Like going as far as doing an Epsilon release (the one that was famous for getting your gamertag banned)? I personally believe 343 is playing as safe as possible while still risking. It should have an Epsilon release to be as polished as possible.

It’s going to go through a flighting program, similar to what MCC is going through right now

> 2533274813317074;17:
> > 2533275010817669;16:
> > I’m wondering: Will it go through the Halo 3 development cycle? Like going as far as doing an Epsilon release (the one that was famous for getting your gamertag banned)? I personally believe 343 is playing as safe as possible while still risking. It should have an Epsilon release to be as polished as possible.
>
> It’s going to go through a flighting program, similar to what MCC is going through right now

Alright, great to know. Thanks alot.

December 28, 2018 is a placeholder from amazon, not only would 343 have talked about it more if the release date was that close, but they (and MS) would do everything to get it out before christmas, not shortly after…

Realistically I’d say we can expect an fall 2020 release, gears 5 is coming out in 2019 and MS would be stupid to release both of ther major AAA games in one year.

> 2533274801973487;19:
> December 28, 2018 is a placeholder from amazon

^ this and as other have said previously, this date is merely a placeholder so that retailers can put up pre-orders on their stores. As soon as an actual release date gets announced, those dates will change. Generally you’ll find that Amazon list December 31st or sometime close to the end of the year for these types of things :slight_smile:

> 2533275010817669;18:
> Alright, great to know. Thanks alot.

They mentioned it in the release blog, if you haven’t had a chance to see it yet. Also, spot Dr. Menke if you can :stuck_out_tongue:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/our-journey-begins