Debunked reasons why people say Halo 5 is like CoD

So here are the three main (and only) reasons as to why people say Halo 5 is like CoD. Seriously, the ignorance in these statements hurts my eyes.

-Smart-Scope (ADS): It’s literally the same zoom from previous Halo games; just the animation and aesthetics have changed.
-Sprint: So because a game has sprint it makes it like CoD? I guess games like Killzone, Payday, Insurgency, and Arma are all CoD clones. Do you see how illogical this is? But again, 343 haters are illogical people, so what can I expect? It’s also worth noting that the sprint in Halo 5 is very well balanced.
-Thruster Packs: Halo had them first in Halo 4, which was in development since 2009. Thruster Packs were also in the lore since 2001 in the book The Fall of Reach. Tell me again how CoD came up with this idea?

Truth is, Halo has a much longer development time than a lot of these games. 343i probably had all these ideas for Halo 5 before news of Advanced Warfare or Titanfall was revealed.

Just… why?

Anyone who says Halo is like cod knows nothing about either.

90% of the people who say Halo is like CoD can’t even explain why they are comparable and then when you try to help them understand why they are not comparable you are called a “343 fanboy”. To be quite honest the only thing Halo and CoD have in common are the amount of ignorant people in their communities.

I’m sure this thread will spawn a ton of thought provoking discourse between opposing parties instead of just being an echo chamber for a specific group of people.

> -Smart-Scope (ADS): It’s literally the same zoom from previous Halo games; just the animation and aesthetics have changed.

So, in other words, it’s not literally the same.

> 2533274819302824;5:
> I’m sure this thread will spawn a ton of thought provoking discourse between opposing parties instead of just being an echo chamber for a specific group of people.
>
>
>
>
> > -Smart-Scope (ADS): It’s literally the same zoom from previous Halo games; just the animation and aesthetics have changed.
>
>
> So, in other words, it’s not literally the same.

Also, SMG, shotgun, and AR have it. Not that I’m opposed to it, I haven’t a problem with smart scope, but you’re right, he’s a tad off there.

QWOP is a CoD clone, it has sprinting.

> 2533274895603860;1:
> So here are the three main (and only) reasons as to why people say Halo 5 is like CoD. Seriously, the ignorance in these statements hurts my eyes.
>
> -Smart-Scope (ADS): It’s literally the same zoom from previous Halo games; just the animation and aesthetics have changed.
> -Sprint: So because a game has sprint it makes it like CoD? I guess games like Killzone, Payday, Insurgency, and Arma are all CoD clones. Do you see how illogical this is? But again, 343 haters are illogical people, so what can I expect? It’s also worth noting that the sprint in Halo 5 is very well balanced.
> -Thruster Packs: Halo had them first in Halo 4, which was in development since 2009. Thruster Packs were also in the lore since 2001 in the book The Fall of Reach. Tell me again how CoD came up with this idea?
>
> Truth is, Halo has a much longer development time than a lot of these games. 343i probably had all these ideas for Halo 5 before news of Advanced Warfare or Titanfall was revealed.

This is the worst logic ever. Especially on the ADS/smartscope issue. Its -Yoinking!- acronym that stands for Aim Down Sights, which you literally do now in Halo 5. It is nothing like previous games, as most guns never had a zoom feature in the first place. Also Zooming never tightened the spread increasing accuracy for previous precision weapons. I mean seriously the shotgun has -Yoinking!- iron sights.

It has nothing to do with who made ideas first, and neither CoD or Halo did. But basically every shooter on the market now is implementing the same exact features, (CoD, Titanfall, Planetside 2, Destiny, Crysis, etc.) And you know what franchises are the most popular and already have their games on the market? you guessed it, CoD and Destiny. If you are too blind to see that 343 is just slapping on every gimmick they can to try and improve the Halo franchise’s market share of players (to compete with the titans that are CoD and Destiny) than you are an idiot.

Here is ultimately how it is most like CoD though, CoD is run and gun, its the core aspect of its gameplay. Halo never was run and gun, and now it is. The gameplay mentality has fundmentally shifted, and now plays just like CoD, excluding all the gimmicky features such as ADS and spartan abilities.

Exhibit A: Halo 5 Guardians Pro CTF Match - Gamescom 2015 - YouTube
Pro players, playing CTF in Halo 5 4v4 from gamescom. All they do is run and gun with none of the classic halo strategy. And remember these are pro players.

Everybody’s a cod clone, battlefield, cod clone, Halo, cod clone, Xbox, cod clone, titanfall, cod clone, GoldenEye, cod clone, cod, cod clone, witcher 3, cod clone, myself, cod clone, doom, cod clone, everything, cod clone…hahhahahhhahahahahhahahhHahhahhahhahahhaahahhaha so MANY COD CLONES!!! thus begins the era of cod clones. So. What everyone is saying is any game with ads or sprint is a cod clone? Well I guess real life is a cod clone too? Ya… I thunk not… Also…just saying, how do we know YOU aren’t a cod clone? Can you sprint? Can you aim? I guess you’re a cod clone…and yes there was a point to this stupid rant besides me being an idiot, its that the arguments made by people saying Halo is becoming a cod clone are mostly just illogical…

It isn’t that halo is like cod, it is just that some people feel that 343 is adding a majority of things that have been notable staples in the cod series. It has been shown in statistics that it is slowly causing the community to decline. This is mostly due to the people at 343 not realizing that even though it seems like they are making tons of money and getting tons of feedback that a majority of this feedback and money is from casual halo players who do not play the game more than 2-3 times a month. Eventually if 343 continues on their current sales path halo will be a dead game.

> 2533274946184160;9:
> Everybody’s a cod clone, battlefield, cod clone, Halo, cod clone, Xbox, cod clone, titanfall, cod clone, GoldenEye, cod clone, cod, cod clone, witcher 3, cod clone, myself, cod clone, doom, cod clone, everything, cod clone…hahhahahhhahahahahhahahhHahhahhahhahahhaahahhaha so MANY COD CLONES!!! thus begins the era of cod clones. So. What everyone is saying is any game with ads or sprint is a cod clone? Well I guess real life is a cod clone too? Ya… I thunk not… Also…just saying, how do we know YOU aren’t a cod clone? Can you sprint? Can you aim? I guess you’re a cod clone…and yes there was a point to this stupid rant besides me being an idiot, its that the arguments made by people saying Halo is becoming a cod clone are mostly just illogical…

Oh man, you actually made me laugh just now. Thank you.

> 2661949065475413;7:
> QWOP is a CoD clone, it has sprinting.

honestly it also has much of the mantling feature as well, filthy casuals

> 2533274819302824;5:
> I’m sure this thread will spawn a ton of thought provoking discourse between opposing parties instead of just being an echo chamber for a specific group of people.
>
>
>
>
> > -Smart-Scope (ADS): It’s literally the same zoom from previous Halo games; just the animation and aesthetics have changed.
>
>
> So, in other words, it’s not literally the same.

Literally mechanically the same.

> 2533274802353938;11:
> > 2533274946184160;9:
> > Everybody’s a cod clone, battlefield, cod clone, Halo, cod clone, Xbox, cod clone, titanfall, cod clone, GoldenEye, cod clone, cod, cod clone, witcher 3, cod clone, myself, cod clone, doom, cod clone, everything, cod clone…hahhahahhhahahahahhahahhHahhahhahhahahhaahahhaha so MANY COD CLONES!!! thus begins the era of cod clones. So. What everyone is saying is any game with ads or sprint is a cod clone? Well I guess real life is a cod clone too? Ya… I thunk not… Also…just saying, how do we know YOU aren’t a cod clone? Can you sprint? Can you aim? I guess you’re a cod clone…and yes there was a point to this stupid rant besides me being an idiot, its that the arguments made by people saying Halo is becoming a cod clone are mostly just illogical…
>
>
> Oh man, you actually made me laugh just now. Thank you.

Your welcome…its what I do… Now excuse me while I go yell at people with different opinions than mine(so half of this forum)…

> 2533274817747391;8:
> > 2533274895603860;1:
> > So here are the three main (and only) reasons as to why people say Halo 5 is like CoD. Seriously, the ignorance in these statements hurts my eyes.
> >
> > -Sprint: So because a game has sprint it makes it like CoD? I guess games like Killzone, Payday, Insurgency, and Arma are all CoD clones. Do you see how illogical this is? But again, 343 haters are illogical people, so what can I expect? It’s also worth noting that the sprint in Halo 5 is very well balanced.
> > -Thruster Packs: Halo had them first in Halo 4, which was in development since 2009. Thruster Packs were also in the lore since 2001 in the book The Fall of Reach. Tell me again how CoD came up with this idea?
> >
> > Truth is, Halo has a much longer development time than a lot of these games. 343i probably had all these ideas for Halo 5 before news of Advanced Warfare or Titanfall was revealed.
>
>
> This is the worst logic ever. Especially on the ADS/smartscope issue. Its -Yoinking!- acronym that stands for Aim Down Sights, which you literally do now in Halo 5. It is nothing like previous games, as most guns never had a zoom feature in the first place. Also Zooming never tightened the spread increasing accuracy for previous precision weapons. I mean seriously the shotgun has -Yoinking!- iron sights.
>
> It has nothing to do with who made ideas first, and neither CoD or Halo did. But basically every shooter on the market now is implementing the same exact features, (CoD, Titanfall, Planetside 2, Destiny, Crysis, etc.) And you know what franchises are the most popular and already have their games on the market? you guessed it, CoD and Destiny. If you are too blind to see that 343 is just slapping on every gimmick they can to try and improve the Halo franchise’s market share of players (to compete with the titans that are CoD and Destiny) than you are an idiot.
>
> Here is ultimately how it is most like CoD though, CoD is run and gun, its the core aspect of its gameplay. Halo never was run and gun, and now it is. The gameplay mentality has fundmentally shifted, and now plays just like CoD, excluding all the gimmicky features such as ADS and spartan abilities.
>
> Exhibit A: Halo 5 Guardians Pro CTF Match - Gamescom 2015 - YouTube
> Pro players, playing CTF in Halo 5 4v4 from gamescom. All they do is run and gun with none of the classic halo strategy. And remember these are pro players.

You’re wrong on so many levels. It amuses me to see 343 haters contrive excuses for why Halo 5 is like CoD. There’s no reasoning with you people, is there?

> 2533274895603860;15:
> > 2533274817747391;8:
> > > 2533274895603860;1:
> > > So here are the three main (and only) reasons as to why people say Halo 5 is like CoD. Seriously, the ignorance in these statements hurts my eyes.
> > >
> > > -Smart-Scope (ADS): It’s literally the same zoom from previous Halo games; just the animation and aesthetics have changed.
> > > -Sprint: So because a game has sprint it makes it like CoD? I guess games like Killzone, Payday, Insurgency, and Arma are all CoD clones. Do you see how illogical this is? But again, 343 haters are illogical people, so what can I expect? It’s also worth noting that the sprint in Halo 5 is very well balanced.
> > > -Thruster Packs: Halo had them first in Halo 4, which was in development since 2009. Thruster Packs were also in the lore since 2001 in the book The Fall of Reach. Tell me again how CoD came up with this idea?
> > >
> > > Truth is, Halo has a much longer development time than a lot of these games. 343i probably had all these ideas for Halo 5 before news of Advanced Warfare or Titanfall was revealed.
> >
> >
> > This is the worst logic ever. Especially on the ADS/smartscope issue. Its -Yoinking!- acronym that stands for Aim Down Sights, which you literally do now in Halo 5. It is nothing like previous games, as most guns never had a zoom feature in the first place. Also Zooming never tightened the spread increasing accuracy for previous precision weapons. I mean seriously the shotgun has -Yoinking!- iron sights.
> >
> > It has nothing to do with who made ideas first, and neither CoD or Halo did. But basically every shooter on the market now is implementing the same exact features, (CoD, Titanfall, Planetside 2, Destiny, Crysis, etc.) And you know what franchises are the most popular and already have their games on the market? you guessed it, CoD and Destiny. If you are too blind to see that 343 is just slapping on every gimmick they can to try and improve the Halo franchise’s market share of players (to compete with the titans that are CoD and Destiny) than you are an idiot.
> >
> > Here is ultimately how it is most like CoD though, CoD is run and gun, its the core aspect of its gameplay. Halo never was run and gun, and now it is. The gameplay mentality has fundmentally shifted, and now plays just like CoD, excluding all the gimmicky features such as ADS and spartan abilities.
> >
> > Exhibit A: Halo 5 Guardians Pro CTF Match - Gamescom 2015 - YouTube
> > Pro players, playing CTF in Halo 5 4v4 from gamescom. All they do is run and gun with none of the classic halo strategy. And remember these are pro players.
>
>
> You’re wrong on so many levels. It amuses me to see 343 haters contrive excuses for why Halo 5 is like CoD. There’s no reasoning with you people, is there?

Please… No more talking about haters or fanboys… We are all Halo fans… He has his opinion, you can argue it without using the word hater

> 2533274895603860;1:
> So here are the three main (and only) reasons as to why people say Halo 5 is like CoD. Seriously, the ignorance in these statements hurts my eyes.
>
> -Sprint: So because a game has sprint it makes it like CoD? I guess games like Killzone, Payday, Insurgency, and Arma are all CoD clones. Do you see how illogical this is? But again, 343 haters are illogical people, so what can I expect? It’s also worth noting that the sprint in Halo 5 is very well balanced.
> -Thruster Packs: Halo had them first in Halo 4, which was in development since 2009. Thruster Packs were also in the lore since 2001 in the book The Fall of Reach. Tell me again how CoD came up with this idea?
>
> Truth is, Halo has a much longer development time than a lot of these games. 343i probably had all these ideas for Halo 5 before news of Advanced Warfare or Titanfall was revealed.

Thank you I hate how people who think cod made everything and every game is copying them. If anything cod is copying halo and Titanfall because they are syfy games and for what ever reason cod becomes syfy and takes Titanfall’s movement style. Sprint doesn’t belong to COD the first game out the three big shooters ( Halo,Battle field,COD) to have sprint was BF but the cod fanboys just forgot that. Its not called ADS for a reason if it was they would have called it ADS you don’t stay zoomed in when you get shot like in every halo and from what I got from the beta it was not that useful for some guns