DEBATE: Why is Halo 5 is so terrible

What i don’t understand is why people think Halo 5 is so bad? I mean, most the features people don’t like are very silly like Smart Scope and thruster pack. So i want to know why people dislike Halo 5 and please don’t use terms like: “true halo fan” or “core gameplay is gone”. Use intelligent replies, i really want to understand the viewpoint of the people who dislike this game.

Looks great. Gonna love it. GG OP.

Sort of hard to follow your demands when you create a new thread for every point that you make which subsequently gets destroyed.

Halo 5 “is so terrible” due to many small changes (or lack of change, rather, such as the return of sprint), Smart Scope (which is technically ADS as the SMG increases in accuracy while using “Smart Scope”), the excessive announcer voice for all the medals and the messy sound design.

EDIT: Minor spelling issues fixed.

> 2533274881015020;3:
> Sort of hard to follow your demands when you create a new thread for every point that you make which subsequently gets destroyed.
>
> Halo 5 “is so terrible” due to may small changes (or lack of change, rather, such as the return of sprint), Smart Scope (which is technically ADS as the SMG increases in accuracy while using “Smart Scope”), the excessive announcer voice for all the medals and the messy sound design.

I get destroyed? Excuse me sir, i asked for solid reasons, those are small things to get mad over.

> 2533274964480967;4:
> > 2533274881015020;3:
> > Sort of hard to follow your demands when you create a new thread for every point that you make which subsequently gets destroyed.
> >
> > Halo 5 “is so terrible” due to may small changes (or lack of change, rather, such as the return of sprint), Smart Scope (which is technically ADS as the SMG increases in accuracy while using “Smart Scope”), the excessive announcer voice for all the medals and the messy sound design.
>
>
> I get destroyed? Excuse me sir, i asked for solid reasons, those are small things to get mad over.

Yep, consistently. And in total they (the many “small things”) negatively impact on the overall experience.

I think that halo 5 is the future of halo. sprint is balanced. Its back to the arena style halo.
And people are to Winnie a about halo 5. The beta has not even came out. Play the game before judging it

I don’t think Halo 5 is “terrible”, but I’m critical of it regardless. I actually haven’t seen that many people refer to it as terrible.

Smart Scope
“It’s just a visual change.” Well no, but I’ll get to that later. There are impacts that this visual change brings. Much of the screen is now obscured by weapon parts. On some like the BR I can easily see how it would prevent someone from seeing enemies under their crosshair. You could say “but aren’t weapon models already blocking your view when you aren’t scoped?” and I’d have to concede that to be true. Still, no reason for us to block the screen even more often.

Anyways, it’s not just a visual change. Some weapons like the SMG become more accurate. Some like the Energy Sword gain more range. Now, whether this is good or bad I find debatable. I mean, there already is some precedent with the Lightrifle. People might say the SMG’s ADS punishes someone for hipfiring, yet it’s not like ADS’ing will suddenly allow you to cross-map with the SMG either. Overall I can understand where both sides of this argument are coming from.

Bottom line it’s a pointless visual change regardless. Some prefer the old scope, some would argue about canon.

Sprint
Not going to bother. Some of us hate it, and you’re just going to have to live with that fact. Mocking us and spouting fallacious arguments isn’t going to change our minds. We’ve heard them already, and we don’t care to listen to more pointless abuse. Some people hate it so much they won’t even consider buying the game.

Stabilizers
You aim down scope, and you hover briefly in the air. All this does is make aiming easier at the cost of making you more vulnerable, i.e. it’s a crutch mechanic. There’s no valid reason for this to be in the game.

Thrusters
There’s a wide range of opinions on what to do with this. Some say it needs nerfed, others will say you should be able to shoot while doing it. I really haven’t seen very many people that outright hate thrusters. One complaint is that it has the same get out of jail free dilemma that sprint is accused of having, and I can’t necessarily say people are wrong when they claim this.

Map Design
Just not impressed with it. I am eager to see the rest of the maps, but so far I’ve seen one remake, one paintball course, and one Halo 4-esque map.

Clamber
“It’s Immersive” is about the only pro. It makes you less likely to be punished for a missed jump. It will inevitably replace jumping and crouch jumping in many cases. It doesn’t actually add anything that couldn’t be otherwise accomplished through jumping and proper map design. I.e. it’s another pointless gimmick, and it could possibly lower the skillgap depending on how difficult it is to pull off.

Music / Art Style / Medal Spam / Announcer / Chatter / Story Direction / Canon/ etc
Entirely subjective, not going to bother with this. They’re ALL valid criticisms nonetheless, regardless if you agree or not.

Ground Pound
At best it’s going to be a situational crowd-pleaser. At its worst you’ll have people bro-pounding each other throughout the entire match, leading to a drastic reduction in skillgap.

Breakout
I’ve seen it called lazy, and I can’t necessarily disagree. What I’m confused about though is why it has its own gametype and map, instead of just being a Slayer variant.

What We Haven’t Seen
We haven’t seen objective gametypes, whether Flagnum and Oddball throwing are removed or not, or what lies beyond the arena multiplayer. There’s much to be anxious about.

Halo 5 looks awesome! Coming from a guy whose favorite games r Halo 2 C and Halo 3

> 2533274819302824;7:
> I don’t think Halo 5 is “terrible”, but I’m critical of it regardless. I actually haven’t seen that many people refer to it as terrible.
>
> Smart Scope
> “It’s just a visual change.” Well no, but I’ll get to that later. There are impacts that this visual change brings. Much of the screen is now obscured by weapon parts. On some like the BR I can easily see how it would prevent someone from seeing enemies under their crosshair. You could say “but aren’t weapon models already blocking your view when you aren’t scoped?” and I’d have to concede that to be true. Still, no reason for us to block the screen even more often.
>
> Anyways, it’s not just a visual change. Some weapons like the SMG become more accurate. Some like the Energy Sword gain more range. Now, whether this is good or bad I find debatable. I mean, there already is some precedent with the Lightrifle. People might say the SMG’s ADS punishes someone for hipfiring, yet it’s not like ADS’ing will suddenly allow you to cross-map with the SMG either. Overall I can understand where both sides of this argument are coming from.
>
> Bottom line it’s a pointless visual change regardless. Some prefer the old scope, some would argue about canon.
>
> Sprint
> Not going to bother. Some of us hate it, and you’re just going to have to live with that fact. Mocking us and spouting fallacious arguments isn’t going to change our minds. We’ve heard them already, and we don’t care to listen to more pointless abuse. Some people hate it so much they won’t even consider buying the game.
>
> Stabilizers
> You aim down scope, and you hover briefly in the air. All this does is make aiming easier at the cost of making you more vulnerable, i.e. it’s a crutch mechanic. There’s no valid reason for this to be in the game.
>
> Thrusters
> There’s a wide range of opinions on what to do with this. Some say it needs nerfed, others will say you should be able to shoot while doing it. I really haven’t seen very many people that outright hate thrusters. One complaint is that it has the same get out of jail free dilemma that sprint is accused of having, and I can’t necessarily say people are wrong when they claim this.
>
> Map Design
> Just not impressed with it. I am eager to see the rest of the maps, but so far I’ve seen one remake, one paintball course, and one Halo 4-esque map.
>
> Clamber
> “It’s Immersive” is about the only pro. It makes you less likely to be punished for a missed jump. It will inevitably replace jumping and crouch jumping in many cases. It doesn’t actually add anything that couldn’t be otherwise accomplished through jumping and proper map design. I.e. it’s another pointless gimmick, and it could possibly lower the skillgap depending on how difficult it is to pull off.
>
> Music / Art Style / Medal Spam / Announcer / Chatter / Story Direction / Canon/ etc
> Entirely subjective, not going to bother with this. They’re ALL valid criticisms nonetheless, regardless if you agree or not.
>
> Ground Pound
> At best it’s going to be a situational crowd-pleaser. At its worst you’ll have people bro-pounding each other throughout the entire match, leading to a drastic reduction in skillgap.
>
> Breakout
> I’ve seen it called lazy, and I can’t necessarily disagree. What I’m confused about though is why it has its own gametype and map, instead of just being a Slayer variant.
>
> What We Haven’t Seen
> We haven’t seen objective gametypes, whether Flagnum and Oddball throwing are removed or not, or what lies beyond the arena multiplayer. There’s much to be anxious about.

My point wasn’t to “abuse” you or to change your mind about this game, i just wanted to know what people thought of Halo 5, if my thread came out offensive to you im sorry.

> 2533274819302824;7:
> I don’t think Halo 5 is “terrible”, but I’m critical of it regardless. I actually haven’t seen that many people refer to it as terrible.
>
> Smart Scope
> “It’s just a visual change.” Well no, but I’ll get to that later. There are impacts that this visual change brings. Much of the screen is now obscured by weapon parts. On some like the BR I can easily see how it would prevent someone from seeing enemies under their crosshair. You could say “but aren’t weapon models already blocking your view when you aren’t scoped?” and I’d have to concede that to be true. Still, no reason for us to block the screen even more often.
>
> Anyways, it’s not just a visual change. Some weapons like the SMG become more accurate. Some like the Energy Sword gain more range. Now, whether this is good or bad I find debatable. I mean, there already is some precedent with the Lightrifle. People might say the SMG’s ADS punishes someone for hipfiring, yet it’s not like ADS’ing will suddenly allow you to cross-map with the SMG either. Overall I can understand where both sides of this argument are coming from.
>
> Bottom line it’s a pointless visual change regardless. Some prefer the old scope, some would argue about canon.
>
> Sprint
> Not going to bother. Some of us hate it, and you’re just going to have to live with that fact. Mocking us and spouting fallacious arguments isn’t going to change our minds. We’ve heard them already, and we don’t care to listen to more pointless abuse. Some people hate it so much they won’t even consider buying the game.
>
> Stabilizers
> You aim down scope, and you hover briefly in the air. All this does is make aiming easier at the cost of making you more vulnerable, i.e. it’s a crutch mechanic. There’s no valid reason for this to be in the game.
>
> Thrusters
> There’s a wide range of opinions on what to do with this. Some say it needs nerfed, others will say you should be able to shoot while doing it. I really haven’t seen very many people that outright hate thrusters. One complaint is that it has the same get out of jail free dilemma that sprint is accused of having, and I can’t necessarily say people are wrong when they claim this.
>
> Map Design
> Just not impressed with it. I am eager to see the rest of the maps, but so far I’ve seen one remake, one paintball course, and one Halo 4-esque map.
>
> Clamber
> “It’s Immersive” is about the only pro. It makes you less likely to be punished for a missed jump. It will inevitably replace jumping and crouch jumping in many cases. It doesn’t actually add anything that couldn’t be otherwise accomplished through jumping and proper map design. I.e. it’s another pointless gimmick, and it could possibly lower the skillgap depending on how difficult it is to pull off.
>
> Music / Art Style / Medal Spam / Announcer / Chatter / Story Direction / Canon/ etc
> Entirely subjective, not going to bother with this. They’re ALL valid criticisms nonetheless, regardless if you agree or not.
>
> Ground Pound
> At best it’s going to be a situational crowd-pleaser. At its worst you’ll have people bro-pounding each other throughout the entire match, leading to a drastic reduction in skillgap.
>
> Breakout
> I’ve seen it called lazy, and I can’t necessarily disagree. What I’m confused about though is why it has its own gametype and map, instead of just being a Slayer variant.
>
> What We Haven’t Seen
> We haven’t seen objective gametypes, whether Flagnum and Oddball throwing are removed or not, or what lies beyond the arena multiplayer. There’s much to be anxious about.

pretty much everything listed above is why h5 will suck

Looks great to me but I also love Halo 4.

Terrible? Did you mean Terrific?

The only thing people are debating is the features. Personally im fine with almost all they added. The beta is ment to adress the issue that people are pointing out. At the present moment its all speculation and those that have played attempting to convey how they felt about it to the rest of us.

Things either fall in the gimmicky corner or something that needs adressing as far as the community is concerned about h5g.

Were just relaying how we feel the game needs to go in order for it to be good. Unfortionatly its being pulled in 2 directions. Most of us are fine with it being diffrent, wejust want the best for halo. This is why we discuss it.

im sure ill still enjoy it.
i like the changes brought in. at least they aren’t doing what EA does and make animation changes and slap a new number on it for $60.

> 2533274881015020;3:
> the SMG increases in accuracy while using “Smart Scope”.

Is there any proof of that?

Also sound design in this game is incredibly smart, its design in a way where played never have to take their eyes off the action since every event is notified properly.

I really don’t understand, why other people don’t understand smart scope.
The point about the SMG is futile because it’s JUST LIKE ZOOMING IN. The BR becomes more accurate and longer ranged when zoomed, as does the Magnum and sniper or ANY other gun that zooms in.
Its an SMG that can zoom in. Get over it people.
Quit looking for reasons to hate.

> 2533274886694152;15:
> I really don’t understand, why other people don’t understand smart scope.
> The point about the SMG is futile because it’s JUST LIKE ZOOMING IN. The BR becomes more accurate and longer ranged when zoomed, as does the Magnum and sniper or ANY other gun that zooms in.
> Its an SMG that can zoom in. Get over it people.
> Quit looking for reasons to hate.

That is not how scoping works in weapons in any game. You can have a 6x scope on a SMG and it wont be any more accurate or precise, it just means you can see farther. At best with an AR it means you can control the spread better from a longer distance, but physically its impossible for a zoom-in scope to magically reduce recoil and add accuracy.

> 2533274886694152;15:
> I really don’t understand, why other people don’t understand smart scope.
> The point about the SMG is futile because it’s JUST LIKE ZOOMING IN. The BR becomes more accurate and longer ranged when zoomed, as does the Magnum and sniper or ANY other gun that zooms in.
> Its an SMG that can zoom in. Get over it people.
> Quit looking for reasons to hate.

Smart scope decreases SMG spread. It isn’t just zoom.

> 2533274876134618;17:
> > 2533274886694152;15:
> > I really don’t understand, why other people don’t understand smart scope.
> > The point about the SMG is futile because it’s JUST LIKE ZOOMING IN. The BR becomes more accurate and longer ranged when zoomed, as does the Magnum and sniper or ANY other gun that zooms in.
> > Its an SMG that can zoom in. Get over it people.
> > Quit looking for reasons to hate.
>
>
> Smart scope decreases SMG spread. It isn’t just zoom.

None of us know that. The animation looks that way, but it’s only an animation. Just like in Reach and H4, it is likely that each bullet is not tracked individually and the damage from automatics is statistically - not explicitly - calculated. The bullet streaks for automatics may bear little relationship to the actual spread and may be animated identically whether zoomed or unzoomed - which gives the appearance of increased accuracy while zoomed.

It may be that in the beta scoping increases the accuracy of automatics. It is just as reasonable to assume that scoping does not. Until we play, we don’t know.

And if it does actually increase the accuracy, that will be one of my major feedback items. I would rather the scoping not reduce the bloom nor increase the RRR. For precision weapons, increasing the RRR is fine by me . . . but I would prefer that not happen for automatics.

Wait and test before judging.

Spartan Abilities, end of story.

Halo 5 is terrible because from looking at two or three different gameplays of a BETA, I can tell it is crap WITHOUT EVEN PLAYING IT. I think we should all boycott Halo 5 because of the beta we haven’t played.

But all seriousness, I’m not going to even judge this game until I play the beta, and even then I’m not going to judge Halo 5 before the final product. I will play the beta, give constructive criticism after the beta is finished, and enjoy me some MCC (and hopefully some other games) for the rest of the year.