Death of Midnight Launches (and why you should go)

Seriously, nothing tops the memories of a midnight launch for Halo. I’ve suited up in my MJOLNIR armor and have attended every midnight launch since H2. The new friends you meet, stories, tournaments, loads of dew/doritos never get old. All while being surrounded by fans as passionate as you! But most importantly, getting that physical copy handed to you and then dashing to your “warthog” and blaring the Halo theme at 90 MPH back to your UNSC compound.

Or, you could sit on your couch and click launch at 12:01. Convenient? You bet! As memorable? No!

There are only a few of us remaining, but I will continue to support the midnight launches of Halo until they are no more.

For those going digital… I honestly can’t argue that point. It makes total sense now. I will be staring at my screen until 4 am installing the 55 GB. Hopefully it will be worth surrounding myself with fans at a confined space still though.

At the end of the day though, this will NEVER GET OLD for me! Midnight Launch FTW! Stay strong, SPARTANS! #watchthisvideoforh5hype #almostthere #h5ftw

My Epic Halo YouTube Channel

> 2533274792814910;1:
> Seriously, nothing tops the memories of a midnight launch for Halo. I’ve suited up in my MJOLNIR armor and have attended every midnight launch since H2. The new friends you meet, stories, tournaments, loads of dew/doritos never get old. All while being surrounded by fans as passionate as you! But most importantly, getting that physical copy handed to you and then dashing to your “warthog” and blaring the Halo theme at 90 MPH back to your UNSC compound.
>
> Or, you could sit on your couch and click launch at 12:01. Convenient? You bet! As memorable? No!
>
> There are only a few of us remaining, but I will continue to support the midnight launches of Halo until they are no more.
>
> For those going digital… I honestly can’t argue that point. It makes total sense now. I will be staring at my screen until 4 am installing the 55 GB. Hopefully it will be worth surrounding myself with fans at a confined space still though.
>
> At the end of the day though, this will NEVER GET OLD for me! Midnight Launch FTW! Stay strong, SPARTANS! #watchthisvideoforh5hype #almostthere #h5ftw

Meh, I’m over it. I did enough of them. It’s the digital age, let it go.

Halo 5 will be released at 9:00 pm here in California,

This will probably be the last midnight i go to.

> 2533274864792498;3:
> Halo 5 will be released at 9:00 pm here in California,

8:00 here in alaska

> 2533274864792498;3:
> Halo 5 will be released at 9:00 pm here in California,

Yep.

I LOVE YOUR CHANNEL MAN KEEP IT UP!

shrug I used to go to them all the time and whoop butt at trivia. People always got their underpants in a bunch because I didn’t “let” them answer. The prizes aren’t ever worthwhile anymore either. That being said, I’ll be picking up the console early soooo no incentive to go. I’d go more often if the local Gamestop did more to make it fun again though.

I’ve had my fill of it as well. I’m getting older and can’t stand in line for two hours, drive home to install the game, and be too tired to play it at 4:00 AM. I’ll be sitting at home playing at midnight because I can’t afford to skip work the next day after dropping $500 on a video game haha.

My internet is so slow. It could take all of October 27th to download if I went to midnight launch. Also I have school so staying up until 3-4 AM is not a good idea

> 2533274873954403;6:
> > 2533274864792498;3:
> > Halo 5 will be released at 9:00 pm here in California,
>
>
> Yep.

Say what??

> 2783251376865316;11:
> > 2533274873954403;6:
> > > 2533274864792498;3:
> > > Halo 5 will be released at 9:00 pm here in California,
> >
> >
> > Yep.
>
>
> Say what??

Halo 5 is being released 12AM EST so that scales to other timezones (PST being 9PM)

When I have school, and work it just doesn’t make sense.

Sadly, this will be my first midnite launch.

“John Rambo” gives your age away but major props.

I haven’t done a midnight release since Halo 2. I am going digital but will be doing the midnight release under the excuse to get my elite controller.

Have to appreciate the nostalgia. Maybe the Halo 6 launch I can bring my son (who needs to eat more Hot Pockets!) And it’s crazy to think I had no kids back on Halo CE.

Sigh.

> 2533274912317447;12:
> > 2783251376865316;11:
> > > 2533274873954403;6:
> > > > 2533274864792498;3:
> > > > Halo 5 will be released at 9:00 pm here in California,
> > >
> > >
> > > Yep.
> >
> >
> > Say what??
>
>
> Halo 5 is being released 12AM EST so that scales to other timezones (PST being 9PM)

WHOOP WHOOP! PST FTW!

I went to the last one for mcc. Stood in line freezing looking forward to get home and play multiplayer with my buddies only to have to install game for 2 hours then try to get into a very broken multiplayer. Soo no more midnight release events for me, unless there’s beer and BBQ involved then maybe.

Yeah, last midnight I went to after work, around 11, there were no lines because they just went ahead and gave people the games since it was released in another time zone already.

My Gamestop doesn’t even do mid night releases anymore. They used to hold FFA tournaments…now nothing, I was pretty upset.

> 2533274938856878;19:
> My Gamestop doesn’t even do mid night releases anymore. They used to hold FFA tournaments…now nothing, I was pretty upset.

The age of social interaction is dying i’m afraid