Death of Master Chief

Does anyone else feel like 343 is going to kill Master Chief to replace him with their own “hero” So they can distance them selves from all of what bungie made. So It will be “Their Game”…

I seriously hope not.

> 2533274796680285;2:
> I seriously hope not.

Me too I just feel that is what they want to do… they want it to be their own game. You can have a halo game without the master chief but you cannot have halo without masterchief hes apart of the game. Its would be like killing off mario and replacing him with his long lost cussin.

Mmm I think Master Chief will dead in Halo 6, but I cant imagine Halo without Chief :’(

I think we should wait till the end of the Reclaimer Saga to ask that. Also something far more unique should happen to John-117 in the end rather than death.

As sadly as it is I also have this strange feeling…
They killed off Cortana, implemented new characters (nothing bad btw but these characters were like 10year old teens with absolutely no sense for humor cough eggheads cough) and this whole Spartan 4’s storyline which is just popping up (badly introduced with no background info) for most people who just play the games.

And seriously I really loved the old Halo books and games but the whole storyline 343 tries to build up makes me mad, I’m a huge Halo Fanboy but it’s getting harder and harder to love this new stuff like Palmer (really hate her especially for shooting Halsey), the Bro Force “Spartan” 4’s and the talking emotional Master Chief (good idea to give a deeper insight into his character but talking that much just isn’t Johns thing)

I’m not against new stuff and all and the story needs to go on and Johns story has to end somewhere but I just have this creepy little feeling that 343 might mess things up:\

Sincerely Starkillerr
Ps: Doesn’t mean I’m anti 343, they also did a lot of good things like adding the forerunners (orange=evil, blue=good reminds me of Tron:Legacy), upgrade the looks and trying to expand the franchise so I’ll just give them a try and you should do so too.

I feel like the crack in Chief’s helmet in the Halo 5 trailer might be a sign of weakness in a…well…almost god-like figure. Maybe they are planning for something to happen to him?

But I hope they don’t kill off Master Chief–what a way to piss off more fans.

Edit: Since they killed off Cortana, who’s next? The Arbiter? Chief? It makes me worry…

> 2533274931680884;7:
> Edit: Since they killed off Cortana, who’s next? The Arbiter? Chief? It makes me worry…

Killing off Cortana was actually something that fans shouldn’t get pissed at though, nor Johnson. John-117 however, must not fall into the main protagonist hero’s death category.

> 2533274899748630;1:
> Does anyone else feel like 343 is going to kill Master Chief to replace him with their own “hero” So they can distance them selves from all of what bungie made. So It will be “Their Game”…

If they do, I"m out. I may have been with Halo since the beginning of CE, but I’ll sure as hell be gone if they kill Master Chief.

> 2533274931680884;7:
> I feel like the crack in Chief’s helmet in the Halo 5 trailer might be a sign of weakness in a…well…almost god-like figure. Maybe they are planning for something to happen to him?
>
> But I hope they don’t kill off Master Chief–what a way to piss off more fans.
>
> Edit: Since they killed off Cortana, who’s next? The Arbiter? Chief? It makes me worry…

Arbiter would most likely be a losable main character. He’s not very ‘liked’ to be honest, he wasn’t even that great when we got to play him in 2. It’s just… a less annoying Jar Jar Binks

> 2533274873409440;8:
> > 2533274931680884;7:
> > Edit: Since they killed off Cortana, who’s next? The Arbiter? Chief? It makes me worry…
>
>
> Killing off Cortana was actually something that fans shouldn’t get pissed at though, nor Johnson.

Killing Cortana made Chief more human. Also not confirmed her death. The Librarian took her in 4 and the Librarian also make copies of data it takes. So Cortana isn’t exactly dead yet

> 2533274988965988;11:
> > 2533274873409440;8:
> > > 2533274931680884;7:
> > > Edit: Since they killed off Cortana, who’s next? The Arbiter? Chief? It makes me worry…
> >
> >
> >
> > Killing off Cortana was actually something that fans shouldn’t get pissed at though, nor Johnson.
>
>
> Killing Cortana made Chief more human. Also not confirmed her death. The Librarian took her in 4 and the Librarian also make copies of data it takes. So Cortana isn’t exactly dead yet

Well nothing is really confirmed on that. Well not yet anyway.

Maybe in Halo 6 but not in Halo 5

I seriously doubt they’ll kill the Master Chief off in Halo 6. He’s iconic to the Halo franchise and killing him off would be a big slap to the face for all the fans.

> 2533274910369548;14:
> I seriously doubt they’ll kill the Master Chief off in Halo 6. He’s iconic to the Halo franchise and killing him off would be a big slap to the face for all the fans.

Yeah, don’t assume all the fans would be insulted if the Chief was killed. I like him and all, but he is hardly the most interesting character and only recently got depth to his character thanks to 343 in Halo 4. That said, if he died I would not shed a tear. Halo needs to be more than about just Chief with everything else being shoved to the side.

> 2533274812652989;15:
> > 2533274910369548;14:
> > I seriously doubt they’ll kill the Master Chief off in Halo 6. He’s iconic to the Halo franchise and killing him off would be a big slap to the face for all the fans.
>
>
> Yeah, don’t assume all the fans would be insulted if the Chief was killed. I like him and all, but he is hardly the most interesting character and only recently got depth to his character thanks to 343 in Halo 4. That said, if he died I would not shed a tear. Halo needs to be more than about just Chief with everything else being shoved to the side.

This, BUT I want him to retire…as you said he has almost no character up until recently…but with all the blaze of glory or un-happy ending out there…I want him to go out happy…of all icons out there he deserves to be happy.

Sheperds dead…Let Chief live, let Chief retire.

They would have to pull it off extremely well because so far we’ve had plenty of sacrificing deaths in the series and after all cheif has survived… I can’t really think of a way they could pull it off with out -Yoink!- any of the fans off.

What would be a proper goodbye to such an iconic character? Believe me, it’s for the best.

I doubt Microsoft would ever let them. It’d be like nintendo killing off mario.

I’d much rather they killed him, than have him ascend to godhood, or become more than what he always has been.

He is an aging spartan already, no man lives forever. Chief eventually has to meet his demise, if they ever get around to it I hope they do it right. Locke however isn’t looking like a good enough replacement, but ill reserve my final opinion until Halo 5 is released. I opted for a PS4 instead however, so unless I manage to save enough to get the X1 this year I might not play it.