Dear lag exploiters, I hate you.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Some players will do everything they can to cause lag, and exploit the lag issues with the game. I hop online to relax and play Halo, only to find that I can’t perform because I’m playing in slow motion, caused by me experiencing lag, while my opponents don’t. Or at least have less lag than me. You can see all the frantic, spastic movement and rapid trigger spamming that they use to make the lag worse, on purpose. Giving the game as much input as possible to stress a game engine that already has lag issues.What ever trick they use to make sure the lag only gets worse for their opponents, they can shove it up their -Yoink-. Seriously, -Yoink- those guys. I’m trying to enjoy playing a game, here. If you aren’t capable of enjoying playing the game, you only enjoy -Yoinking!- people/winning, -Yoink- off. This is a game, that you play, for fun. Of course try to win, but not by stretching and/or breaking rules to gain an unfair advantage. Try to win by actually playing better than your opponents. Having a lag advantage isn’t playing better than your opponent.

Don’t get your fun by taking the fun out of the game for others. It doesn’t make you a better player, it just makes you an -Yoink-.

What you can expect from a game that is Host based?

I know how you feel OP.

Exploits are a horrible thing across all FPS games nowa days.
Much of this would be fixed if we had better Connection filtering but like you said, if people only matured just a little it would be a better experience for everyone.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

This isn’t a very popular thread, lol.

Is so obvious when people are messing about. Especially to get the vehicle re spawns.

If only there was a sure way to out these -Yoinks!-

Dear modders, I hate you for having 1 shot kill AR’s that shoot sniper bullets and you still can’t get past a Killing Spree.

fix’d

> Dear modders, I hate you for having 1 shot kill AR’s that shoot sniper bullets and you still can’t get past a Killing Spree.
>
> fix’d

Dear 343, ban the modders and let’s get on with at least a fair game!

^ This.

So if you are experiencing lag I should just sit still and wait for you to kill me.

Ummmm… No.

Modders are another story though, since these are purposely caused problems.

Yeah, it’s called foriegn host. Not some “magical lag exploit”.

When in a server of terrible lag, rage quit.

Buddy ol pal the lag is from you no one else really affects it. Your prob caused by your lag. It is in EVERY game on the market.

> So if you are experiencing lag I should just sit still and wait for you to kill me.
>
> Ummmm… No.
>
> Modders are another story though, since these are purposely caused problems.

Ok, quick lesson. Standing still, or zipping around in circles or random directions and jumping over and over, movement so frantic and drastic you can’t keep track of your position (hence the complaining about accidentally picking up the flag). There are varying degrees of movement in between those two options, there’s more than those two options available. You can dodge around, to a reasonable extent, and be able to keep track of your movement and know where you are. And better keep track of your opponent.

> Buddy ol pal the lag is from you no one else really affects it. Your prob caused by your lag. It is in EVERY game on the market.

I have a high speed connection, and I use Ethernet cables because they’re faster than wireless. The lag is NOT being caused on my end.

And the lag issues in H4 are NOT this bad in every game.

Uh, if it’s slow motion, that’s framerate drop, and has nothing to do with network lag.

If it’s network lag, your shots won’t count, or you’ll die from grenades/rockets that exploded 20+ feet away from you, or get shot around corners, that kind of thing.

If it goes slow motion or starts looking choppy, that’s your framerate dropping below 30fps, due to either bad map design, or something got forced into the map geometry (like the elephant/phantom thing in h3). Or you’re playing on split-screen, but that ties into bad map design (Bungie countered this by lowering the LoD distance, and removing textures etc. while playing split-screen. By the looks of Complex 343 didn’t feel like doing that.)

No matter how much someone tries to make your connection lag, it will never cause framerate drop like that, the cause lies with the game itself.

Actually, goodly portions of the lag are the net code, other parts are how it choses host. I swear sometimes this game has some trolling equation in it with how it picks host (generally goes to the person with the worst connection).

Now, with that being said, there are a good number of people out there lag exploiting in H4. Both issues are only going to get worse as the population continues to drop. I expect the host lag issues to be the worst of it, as lag cheats tend to get caught very quickly.

Just do what I do, when it gets frustrating switch to another game. Folks that intentionally do this are often looking to ruin your experience. Don’t let them. It goes without saying, report those that are actually doing nefarious things.

> Actually, goodly portions of the lag are the net code

This particular instance is not even network related, the OP is under a misunderstanding of cause and effect. “because I’m playing in slow motion” is not a symptom of network lag, but of the refresh rate dropping below 30fps, aka. framerate drop, caused by things becoming too hard to process before it’s supposed to display the next frame (so bad level design, or too many forge objects in one location, or too many dead bodies on a badly made forge map, or things being forced through the map geometry etc.)

> > Actually, goodly portions of the lag are the net code
>
> This particular instance is not even network related, the OP is under a misunderstanding of cause and effect. “because I’m playing in slow motion” is not a symptom of network lag, but of the refresh rate dropping below 30fps, aka. framerate drop, caused by things becoming too hard to process before it’s supposed to display the next frame (so bad level design, or too many forge objects in one location, or too many dead bodies on a badly made forge map, or things being forced through the map geometry etc.)

I am well aware of the framerate problems the game has as well. Those, mostly appear in Spops though. Slideshowing, as it were, can happen with lag as well. E.g., the other day while playing a game, with an overseas host, I would go to climb a ramp then find myself at the side of it, then on it. It honestly looked like a slideshow. Then the lag even out… and things were fine. Point being, some network lag can become so bad it mimics framerate problems.

That said, with CA making the MP maps it’s fair to say one will get both lag AND framerate problems at the same time.

What’s up with the broken thread here? It doesn’t show the 2 page controls.